FISI-GONE?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Will Fisi be around for the entire season?

Hell Yes! He'll stick around like burnt Risotto!
59%
Hell No! Briatore's fat lady will tell Fisi to: "Volare, oh, oh, Cantare, oh,oh,oh,oh... "
41%

Total votes: 22

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 18 May 2007, 20:12

julie wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:Good points... my bias for Piquet jr. is clouding my judgement. :)
I've watched him drive, his a good driver i wouldn't mind seeing him in the Renault
Always liked the Irish! :)

_*kimi-Iku*_
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by _*kimi-Iku*_ » 21 May 2007, 12:56

I think he will go out!
http://www.kr-iceman.phpbb24.com [Spanish & English Kimi Forum]*
KIMI RAIKKONEN WORLD CHAMPION 2007 *Kovalainen & Hulkenberg - Forever*

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 21 May 2007, 19:02

BANANAGP wrote:
julie wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:Good points... my bias for Piquet jr. is clouding my judgement. :)
I've watched him drive, his a good driver i wouldn't mind seeing him in the Renault
Always liked the Irish! :)
I should hope so too :)
ImageImage

Jet
car driver
car driver

Post by Jet » 25 May 2007, 14:40

Yeah they're just too much talent to keep him around at the moment. Though perhaps a lesser team could benefit from his experience. Plus he owns a GP2 team, so he's got plenty to keep him busy.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 29 May 2007, 15:10

Fisi just bought himself another season! Heikki might be trading places with Piquet Jr...

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 29 May 2007, 15:17

Fisi doesn't deserve to be he's done well this season, but Briatore can be a bit of a tit sometimes.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 29 May 2007, 20:22

Wooo people are changing their minds :mrgreen:... I told you he ain't as bad as you all think...

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 29 May 2007, 20:25

I always liked Fisi, people judge him to quickly. He always seems to get a run of bad luck. But then again always does well in Monaco
ImageImage

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 30 May 2007, 02:54

ive always liked fisi as well, even if he tangled with michael in 2000 in germany!

he is a nice chap and i respect him, the poor little guy has a lot of talent!
...its just when he finally got his chance in a competetive car, he was number 2, now he is number one but his car isnt competetive anymore... hopefully renault can get their act together before so fisi can have a real shot at the title... or at least the occassional race win!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

Beserker_Rage
car driver
car driver

Post by Beserker_Rage » 01 Jun 2007, 06:51

Fisico has came under a lot of pressure this season but has raced really well. But because some people don't realise how different and difficult the car would have been for him when it was built around Fernando they do not realise how well he actually did drive around that problem.

Also because they have had to scrap the Fernando style car completely this year the actual car is not competitive, but Fisico has driven past its limits and this has shown when he got to Monaco because it is much less about the car and more about the driver in Monaco. It is a shame that this form will not be able to continue unless Renault pick the car up because Fisico never really lost his form, he just could not drive the difficult car.

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 01 Jun 2007, 16:31

Beserker_Rage wrote:Fisico has came under a lot of pressure this season but has raced really well. But because some people don't realise how different and difficult the car would have been for him when it was built around Fernando they do not realise how well he actually did drive around that problem.

Also because they have had to scrap the Fernando style car completely this year the actual car is not competitive, but Fisico has driven past its limits and this has shown when he got to Monaco because it is much less about the car and more about the driver in Monaco. It is a shame that this form will not be able to continue unless Renault pick the car up because Fisico never really lost his form, he just could not drive the difficult car.
Sorry I don't buy your argument. No way that the Renault is as "Alonso-centric" as you're making it out to be.

Alonso outdrove Fisi (and Trulli) because he's a better driver not because Renault somehow designed a car to suit Alonso's specifications to the detriment of Fisi (or Trulli).

Barrichello moved to honda and had a learning curve last year with the ("Jenson-centric") Honda. By mid season he was competitive with jense and this season he's done much better.

Fisi's been at Renault for three seasons... to say he is unfamiliar with the car is nonsense.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 02 Jun 2007, 06:22

Thats not what he was saying... They set the car up to take corners differently... And because Flavio had no attention of having competition between anyone Fisico had to adapt to a rather strange way to go into the corners and Fisico doesn't adapt :mrgreen::lol:... Thats why they've lost so much time in fast corners, Alonso attacks them differently and because Alonso is Flavs boy he got his set up...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 04 Jun 2007, 01:19

Dark_Fisico wrote:Thats not what he was saying... They set the car up to take corners differently... And because Flavio had no attention of having competition between anyone Fisico had to adapt to a rather strange way to go into the corners and Fisico doesn't adapt :mrgreen::lol:... Thats why they've lost so much time in fast corners, Alonso attacks them differently and because Alonso is Flavs boy he got his set up...

hmmm... I've read that Alonso like to chop the steering when entering the corners instead of being smooth... but still, fisi's "style" should be within the realm of adjustments of the car. The fact that Fisi came in 4th at Monaco is testament that he's able to adjust the car to suit his driving style.

I think the aerodynamics on the renault just didn't keep up with the other cars this year. The person to blame might not be Alonso or Flavio but Carlos Goshn!

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 04 Jun 2007, 13:03

BANANAGP wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote:Thats not what he was saying... They set the car up to take corners differently... And because Flavio had no attention of having competition between anyone Fisico had to adapt to a rather strange way to go into the corners and Fisico doesn't adapt :mrgreen::lol:... Thats why they've lost so much time in fast corners, Alonso attacks them differently and because Alonso is Flavs boy he got his set up...

hmmm... I've read that Alonso like to chop the steering when entering the corners instead of being smooth... but still, fisi's "style" should be within the realm of adjustments of the car. The fact that Fisi came in 4th at Monaco is testament that he's able to adjust the car to suit his driving style.

I think the aerodynamics on the renault just didn't keep up with the other cars this year. The person to blame might not be Alonso or Flavio but Carlos Goshn!
Yeah, I just blame everyone but Fisico and Heikki :P you know what I'm like :lol:...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 04 Jun 2007, 13:46

Dark_Fisico wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:

Yeah, I just blame everyone but Fisico and Heikki :P you know what I'm like :lol:...
I'm learning! :shock: But seriously I got to give Fisi props for bringing in the Renault 4th at MONACO...