The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Loiste » 11 Jun 2010, 07:35

Sorry, if it has already been here ... :blush:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 11 Jun 2010, 07:39

Loiste wrote:Sorry, if it has already been here ... :blush:
It's certainly new to me. Thanks
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by ish678 » 11 Jun 2010, 08:43

I CANNOT wait for it to start - I have my wall chart up on my wall and everything. It's going to be awesome. I do get slightly carried away during big tournaments like this, I'll try and hold back though :blush: :p

Come on England! (Although, Spain are my second team so I'll be for them as well) :)

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 11 Jun 2010, 08:54

redstorm wrote:BOOOOOOOO!!! Huge Wings fan sorry!

Just listening to quali from earlier at Le Mans and it got me thinking...... I think that its laid back enough for Kimi. Has he ever said anything about racing there??? I would love to see him run a LMP1 there. SeaBass is on prov pole and as much as I like him, I know Kimi's quicker!

Anyone here going to follow the race? Just found out radiolemans plays on my phone so I can rattle my brain all night long at work. Oh what an invention those Bose headphones are!!!
He said he'd love to race there. Actually there were rumours, that there would be a RB sponsored Peugeot this year driven by Kimi, Seb Loeb and DC.
Kimi's friend Toni Vilander races in GT2 for Ferrari alongside Alesi and Fisi
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Jun 2010, 09:00

Maria d wrote:Hockey is over so maybe i will watch, dont know much about the game, not as big here as other sports.and yes we call it soccer.
Hear that, Iceman1 :n

It's SOCCER :<>:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Jun 2010, 09:01

Thank you, Loiste :)

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 11 Jun 2010, 09:02

That would be sweet if he tries that out! Would like to see the Ferrari do well but it has had a tough run up till now. If I remember right Alesi went off yesterday and the team car is out from terminal damage.
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 11 Jun 2010, 09:05

All the back and forth shows me he definately has the speed just not the experience just yet. Closing in........
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Jun 2010, 09:12

Agree, Redstorm :cool:

Here are some comments from Gazzuk:
...rallying because I was in the sport for so long and being apart of it all through my tech training,it was always my first sport,but I enjoyed building the cars as much as the rallying itself.

Kimi has a great chance on the tarmac,but the cars are worlds apart from an F1 car,and will the second team have a equal car to rest of the field in the Redbull team,I'm not sure,but Kimi has been putting down some good times,so I wish him all the luck,as it's not easy learning a new sport,and it must be a lot easier doing it the other way round,as he is learning to slide a car and use the brakes to steer and stabilize the car under braking,it's an art and takes time to learn.
Kimi is taking on the worlds best and you don't just catch them in a few rallys,it takes time,as it is far from just the driving side,which gives you top times,and it takes time for co-driver and driver to work as a perfect team.Kimi should be a lot closer on the tarmac stages.As we said,there is as much foot work as steering and gear changes in controling these cars and picking the right tyres on the stage,and all sorts of hazards to take you out and the stages are changing all the time with every car.I hope Kimi does catch them,it would be great to see.

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 11 Jun 2010, 09:18

redstorm wrote:That would be sweet if he tries that out! Would like to see the Ferrari do well but it has had a tough run up till now. If I remember right Alesi went off yesterday and the team car is out from terminal damage.
Are you sure it was Alesi? The other Ferrari was withdrawn, but I found no mention of no95.

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 11 Jun 2010, 09:20

Alesi had a off. The OTHER car is out from another accident.

If I have my info right.......listening online to replays
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

redstorm
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by redstorm » 11 Jun 2010, 09:22

Wish Mario and Emmo would take a shot again here. It would be sort of a mini race of champions!
It's just a FORUM!!!
RED

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 11 Jun 2010, 09:29

redstorm wrote:Wish Mario and Emmo would take a shot again here. It would be sort of a mini race of champions!
All the Mansells are there, Andretti , Prost and Ickx have their sons racing. It's a popular race in F1 circles. I wish Kimi could be there one day

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 11 Jun 2010, 09:30

redstorm wrote:Alesi had a off. The OTHER car is out from another accident.

If I have my info right.......listening online to replays
Darn! They won't even race?

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 11 Jun 2010, 10:21

beefree88 wrote:If I'd be a RB boss, I'd definitely try to keep him as long as I can. He's a bit crazy, unpredictable, famous , and attracts both men and women one way or other. What more they can ask? :)
In Erzberg he was so full of life and joy, that even the blindest journos couldn't miss that. Really a far cry from the reserved and sometimes haunted man we was often shown if F1. This was really the kind of PR work, that not just suits him, bot brings the best out of him.
That's damn true! The Kimi I saw at Erzberg were so f*** different to the Kimster from F1...in a very very positive way!!! :cool:

It's looks like he will continue rally racing and that damn awesome!!! Can't wait for his confirmation!!!