Team Orders @ McLaren-Turkish GP

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Did McLaren impose Team Orders @ the Turkish GP !

Yes:
72%
No:
28%

Total votes: 18

corry
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Team Orders @ McLaren-Turkish GP

Post by corry » 06 Jun 2010, 21:54

iceman1 wrote:You can hear Hamilton turn up his revs right after he is passed
can u lol

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 06 Jun 2010, 22:03

I know what I said in my previous post, and I still do think that they were orchestrating the finish, however, I am by no means against having team orders in Formula 1. Ultimately, it's a team sport and anything you can do to secure the best possible finish for your 2 cars collectively is fair game in my opinion. I just don't like to see it blatantly done as in the case of Austria 2002 for example.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 06 Jun 2010, 22:49

Ferrariman60 wrote:I know what I said in my previous post, and I still do think that they were orchestrating the finish, however, I am by no means against having team orders in Formula 1. Ultimately, it's a team sport and anything you can do to secure the best possible finish for your 2 cars collectively is fair game in my opinion. I just don't like to see it blatantly done as in the case of Austria 2002 for example.
I agree. F1 is ateamsport, but Ferrari pushed the limet at Austria in 2002, but in 2001 as well. In 2001 Todt said to Barrichello: let Michael pass for the championship please. It was on TV, but teamorders were not illigal back then. But the real pre arranged victory was in Melbourne 1998 when Coulthard and Hakkinen made a deal. Who came out of the fist corner fist, was given the win. Hakkinen had the best start and led. But he had a bad pitstop and coulhard took the lead. And on the main straight he let him pass again. But for a fact, they were so fast, they lapped the entire field I believe.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Jun 2010, 18:03

No team Orders :n
GMM wrote:An engineer was wrong to tell Lewis Hamilton that his teammate Jenson Button would not overtake during the recent Turkish grand prix.

A video edit of the Istanbul Park race released by F1’s official website revealed that Phil Prew, the British team’s principal engineer, answered ‘No Lewis, no” when Hamilton asked if Button would overtake him.

Conspiracy theorists interpreted the news as 2009 world champion Button having ignored a veiled team order.

But team boss Martin Whitmarsh explained on Tuesday: “Phil gave an opinion to Lewis, and as it turned out his opinion was wrong. It’s as simple as that.

“They were being told to look after fuel, (and) as a consequence of that Phil Prew had the opinion that Jenson wouldn’t overtake,” he told reporters during a teleconference.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 08 Jun 2010, 18:08

they'll never admit it of course. :n or else, they'll be banned! :p

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 08 Jun 2010, 18:53

Megasyxx was behind these team orders,

(whispers): "he's in love with Button"

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 08 Jun 2010, 19:01

Off-Topic: show
RagingJamaican wrote:Megasyxx was behind these team orders,

(whispers): "he's in love with Button"
cut it Rj! :lol: who's in love with Jenson? Lewis? :p :lol:

RagingJamaican
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by RagingJamaican » 08 Jun 2010, 19:04

Off-Topic: show
ah so its Lewis you live eh? dont worry i will tell everyone on Jtv :p

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 09 Jun 2010, 20:29

I think Button started to believe that nice guys finish last, so he simply ignored the team's decision. What I hate about it is that the team thought he would comply and he didn't even announce that he intended to overtake. It would have been fair to just say it and give them a few seconds to tell Lewis to prepare his defense.

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 10 Jun 2010, 10:50

Maybe it was a miscommunication. they would not tell Button: Don't overtake Lewis. If they say, safe fuel, he may have saved fuel and still be able to attack. As Hamilton was going 2sec per lap slower then he had done before. Which is a lot. Button slowed down as well, but not as much as Hamilton did. So he probably thought: why not? And had a go. But after all, teamorders or not, it was a great fight!