The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by ish678 » 03 Jun 2010, 13:08

Thanks a lot, Pyper, great article :) It's nice that some people can still give him the recognition he deserves :thumbsup:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 03 Jun 2010, 13:16

thanks Pyper, what a great article :shhh: :hug:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 03 Jun 2010, 13:21

brendakarli wrote: I am finally sure kimi would never set foot in F1 again.
The picture is getting clearer and clearer. :( What can I do? I have to understand him. :)

Thanks for posting that article. It's like as if it was written by a hard core Kimi fan! Don't you think? :lol: It's just so great, I have no words really. :D

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 03 Jun 2010, 13:47

I agree, Kinga :D Sounds like Mr. Evans is a bit of a KR fan :p

Pyper, thanks for sharing. Great, great article... the end was rather touching :)

Chef, sorry to hear about your dad... hope he recovers fast!

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 03 Jun 2010, 14:12

thanks Pyper !!!!
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 03 Jun 2010, 14:19

Wonderful! I really hope that Kimi drive next year Citroen DS3 WRC! DS3 is nice car in civil too. I like it lot.
I miss a babysitter

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 03 Jun 2010, 14:38

WOW thanks Pyper for the article, it was great!! Especially the last sentence "Raikkonen remains one of the finest drivers ever to grace the globe." :cool:

kracer, sending good vibes to your dad also. Hopefully he will get well soon :hug:

My parents order Seiska (because of the extensive TV-guide), and there was big headlines on the front page (with a photo of Kimi): "MIKKO LEPPILAMPI'S DRINKING SPREE: VODKA-PARTY WITH KIMI".

Here's the article in a whole:
Leppilampi and Räikkönen had drinks on a terrace - vodka-party in a karaoke bar

Mikko Leppilampi continued his party spree on Monday with Kimi Räikkönen who hurried from Portugal to Finland.

Joggers in South-Helsinki were in for a surprise on Monday evening, when two celebrity-men were sitting on karaoke bar Restroom's terrace. Former F1-driver and current rally-driver Kimi Räikkönen, 30, were enjoying amateur-singing with actor Mikko Leppilampi, 31.

-Kimi had pulled his cap deep onto his head and sunglasses in front of his eyes, but a familiar voice and tattoo on his arm revealed it was Kimi. He was in a very talkative and friendly mood, eye-witnesses tell.

Off with the same taxi

Other celebrities were also seen with Mikko and Kimi in Restroom.

-Restaurant-entrepreneuer Mehdi Younes and an attractive woman were in Kimi's and Mikko's crew. Mikko and Kimi however left together with transportation company Kovanen's taxi around 10 o'clock in the evening, it was raported from Restroom.

-Neither of the buddies sang karaoke. Drinks were passed though. They drank several Ville Vallaton-drinks (made with vodka, milk and banana-liquer) and coctails made of energydrinks and vodka.

The party-spree tired Mikko

Mikko divorced his wife Emilia Leppilampi on February. The couple were married in summer 2005, and they have a daugher named Lilia born in the same year's October.

After his divorce Mikko has been a familiar sight in Helsinki's night clubs. On Monday the eye-witnesses paid attention to Mikko's tired appearance. The reason for his look could be because of his long party spree. Already on Sunday the actor had spent time in other karaoke bars in Helsinki, for example in Pataässä which is situated in Kruunuhaka.

Kimi drove rally the previous day

Kimi has also formerly enjoyed himself in Restroom-bar. He is known for his fast moves also outside the wheel of a car. This time he arrived with speed to Finland, since he were in Portugal WRC-rally still on Sunday afternoon. According to the rumours on the early hours of Monday he was celebrating Jari Kurri's birthday.

If Kimi wants, he will have time to enjoy Finland's summer for many days, since the WRC-series continues not until 11th of July in Bulgary.
:roll::

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 03 Jun 2010, 14:43

kracer wrote:Hi everyone,

@brenda - I hope your dad is doing well and will be completely recovered soon.

Haven't been here for awhile and I missed the whole rally and will probably not be able to come in again for a few days.

My dad, too, is in the hospital and has been in the ICU for the past 5 days and is still there. They discovered a leak in his aneurysm and while checking to see if his heart would withstand the surgery there was a complication which affected also his kidneys.

The doctors say he is slowly getting better but it may take some time for a full recovery.

The internet connection here in the hospital is also so slow and it takes ages to just send a message so I don't know when I can get back here.

In the meantime, I'm glad Kimi finished the rally.

Take care everyone!
hope everything is going well and your father has a speedy recovery...

thank you all for the translation and article..

F1note
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1note » 03 Jun 2010, 16:22

It’s Kimi versus Taddy on a stage with a difference

Ex-Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen faces yet another brand new challenge when he goes head-to-head with multiple trials champion Taddy Blazusiak during this weekend’s Erzberg Rodeo in Austria.

While Taddy will be on his usual KTM trials bike, fellow Red Bull athlete Kimi will race him in the Citroen C4 WRC that the Finn uses in this year’s World Rally Championship.

The gravel course measures 13 kilometres in length and runs up a mountainside quarry. Around 1500 riders will be in action during the weekend and the showdown between Raikkonen and Pole Blazusiak serves as the prelude to the Red Bull Hare Scramble bike race, which attracts in the region of 30,000 spectators.

Raikkonen and Blazusiak’s faceoff is a straightforward race from start to finish, and plenty of pride is at stake because the loser will have to wash the winner’s vehicle. Kimi has never been scared to push himself to the limit, but the challenge he has set himself this time is an awesome one, as Taddy has been the Scramble champion for the past three years running.

Kimi, by contrast, has contested only five World Championship rallies at the wheel of his Citroen C4 WRC. As usual, he will be co-driven by fellow Finn Kaj Lindstrom, while Taddy will tackle the course on his own.

“It should be a really interesting experience, although I really don’t know what to expect,” said Raikkonen. “I love bikes and I’ve got a few of my own, so I’m really looking forward to meeting Taddy and seeing the action. One thing I don’t enjoy though is washing bikes, so I have to make sure that I win! Seriously though, it’s going to be a nice challenge and I really don’t know who can be quickest. I suppose it depends on what the course is like. I’ve seen some videos and it looks awesome. We’re going to have a lot of fun this weekend...”

Blazusiak added: “Erzberg is the race that started my career as an extreme enduro rider, so it is a very special for me. Getting the chance to compete against Kimi in his rally car will be great. He's a great guy and a huge name in motorsport so I'm honoured to be racing against him. I will be doing some testing this week in order to be as best prepared as I can be. I've been fortunate at Erzberg and have three wins now, so I'm looking to make that four. But anything can happen at Erzberg, it's such a demanding and unforgiving place.”

from WRC.com

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 03 Jun 2010, 16:42

Leijona wrote:WOW thanks Pyper for the article, it was great!! Especially the last sentence "Raikkonen remains one of the finest drivers ever to grace the globe."

kracer, sending good vibes to your dad also. Hopefully he will get well soon :hug:

My parents order Seiska (because of the extensive TV-guide), and there was big headlines on the front page (with a photo of Kimi): "MIKKO LEPPILAMPI'S DRINKING SPREE: VODKA-PARTY WITH KIMI".

Here's the article in a whole:
Leppilampi and Räikkönen had drinks on a terrace - vodka-party in a karaoke bar

Mikko Leppilampi continued his party spree on Monday with Kimi Räikkönen who hurried from Portugal to Finland.

Joggers in South-Helsinki were in for a surprise on Monday evening, when two celebrity-men were sitting on karaoke bar Restroom's terrace. Former F1-driver and current rally-driver Kimi Räikkönen, 30, were enjoying amateur-singing with actor Mikko Leppilampi, 31.

-Kimi had pulled his cap deep onto his head and sunglasses in front of his eyes, but a familiar voice and tattoo on his arm revealed it was Kimi. He was in a very talkative and friendly mood, eye-witnesses tell.

Off with the same taxi

Other celebrities were also seen with Mikko and Kimi in Restroom.

-Restaurant-entrepreneuer Mehdi Younes and an attractive woman were in Kimi's and Mikko's crew. Mikko and Kimi however left together with transportation company Kovanen's taxi around 10 o'clock in the evening, it was raported from Restroom.

-Neither of the buddies sang karaoke. Drinks were passed though. They drank several Ville Vallaton-drinks (made with vodka, milk and banana-liquer) and coctails made of energydrinks and vodka.

The party-spree tired Mikko

Mikko divorced his wife Emilia Leppilampi on February. The couple were married in summer 2005, and they have a daugher named Lilia born in the same year's October.

After his divorce Mikko has been a familiar sight in Helsinki's night clubs. On Monday the eye-witnesses paid attention to Mikko's tired appearance. The reason for his look could be because of his long party spree. Already on Sunday the actor had spent time in other karaoke bars in Helsinki, for example in Pataässä which is situated in Kruunuhaka.

Kimi drove rally the previous day

Kimi has also formerly enjoyed himself in Restroom-bar. He is known for his fast moves also outside the wheel of a car. This time he arrived with speed to Finland, since he were in Portugal WRC-rally still on Sunday afternoon. According to the rumours on the early hours of Monday he was celebrating Jari Kurri's birthday.

If Kimi wants, he will have time to enjoy Finland's summer for many days, since the WRC-series continues not until 11th of July in Bulgary.
:roll::
so it seems that it´s a party week for Kimi :cool: hope he will be able to drive on saturday :lol:

thanks for the translation Jenny and also Wolfie (although I didn´t want to know that Matti and his wife wanted to have sex :lol: :p )
Meanwhile jenni was shopping http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/uutinen.asp?id=2177651
damn I also want to have a rich hubby :lol:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 03 Jun 2010, 16:47

btw I hope that kimi finds some time to get a haircut while he is in Finland :blush: :pray: :lol:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 03 Jun 2010, 17:05

no,no, a long pony tail. i think his long hair is a symbol of his freedom. :cool:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 03 Jun 2010, 17:24

Maria d wrote:no,no, a long pony tail. i think his long hair is a symbol of his freedom. :cool:
I agree that his long hair must be symbolic for him.....(cannot believe that KR can't have the best hairdresser give him a haircut at anyplace and whenever he wants...)

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 03 Jun 2010, 18:04

dindi wrote:I agree, Kinga :D Sounds like Mr. Evans is a bit of a KR fan :p

Pyper, thanks for sharing. Great, great article... the end was rather touching :)

Chef, sorry to hear about your dad... hope he recovers fast!
Pyper, thanks a lot for sharing this amazing article with us!!! :hug: I am so happy to read this because I know not that someone admires Räikkönen in the media. It was really great! The last sentence made my heart melt!!!! :roll::

@kracer I am praying here for you daddy's recovery dear!!!! Everything will be fine soon!!! You can count wiht our positive wishes for you, your dad and your family! :hug:

@Leijona and @Nikki thanks for the info and translations :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 03 Jun 2010, 18:34

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote: so it seems that it´s a party week for Kimi :cool: hope he will be able to drive on saturday :lol:

thanks for the translation Jenny and also Wolfie (although I didn´t want to know that Matti and his wife wanted to have sex :lol: :p )
Meanwhile jenni was shopping http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/uutinen.asp?id=2177651
damn I also want to have a rich hubby :lol:
Yep, that article tells that Jenni spent hours shopping in Helsinki. She was seen in Férrer fashion store, where she continued shopping until the store was closed. The article also tells that Kimi and Jenni both were at Jari Kurri's birthday party.