Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kriss » 02 Jun 2010, 09:41

Kinga wrote:
Vida wrote: I have a feeling there is some scenario here that we don't know... Maybe it was all just a cover to hide something... For sure if kimi said that he still have time to think then he still have time or maybe he already made up his mind wait for a perfect time to announce it.... It could be a something that will surprise everybody....
I'm with you on this one! I already said it before that something must be going on that we do not know. :cool:

If Kimi said so in Portugal, then it's that way, I trust in his words. :O
I have the same feelig.
For me the most interesting part is:
– We haven't discussed one way or another about next season. The time comes when Kimi has figured out what he wants to do, Robertson confirmed to Turun Sanomat.
Why do they think they still have time to make a decision :huh: Why is it Kimi who has to make a decison :huh: They don't seem to be worried that they might end up without a seat.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 02 Jun 2010, 09:50

Kriss wrote: I have the same feelig.
For me the most interesting part is:
– We haven't discussed one way or another about next season. The time comes when Kimi has figured out what he wants to do, Robertson confirmed to Turun Sanomat.
Why do they think they still have time to make a decision :huh: Why is it Kimi who has to make a decison :huh: They don't seem to be worried that they might end up without a seat.
yeah! :O

Although very confusing... with Kimi you never know, wait for the unexpected. :zz:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Jun 2010, 10:02

I strongly believe that Robertson can and should find a good race seat provided kimi decides to return in F1.
Also the same piece of news is been looked upon my many as there are still chances of kimi coming back in f1.

And lets see if webber contract is signed before the next GP. This will give us clear indication as to what would be happening with Kimi's future. As far as i know this lead up to next rally is the exactly mid season of WRC what kimi was talking about. This is when he would be making some sort of decision.

And if kimi was thinking of a mid season of F1 then we still have plenty of time. So i subscribe to the views of Rbertson "Never say Never".

I am sure if kimi wants to come back in F1 then he would also be ready and willing to invest enough time in F1. If he cannot get a red bull seat its not the end of the world. May be he can have his doors open at Merc or Renault for that matter and invest his time in making those teams even stronger and can achieve a goal of driving for a top team who could be competitive.

So alls not over yet.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 02 Jun 2010, 10:16

luieluv wrote:ISo alls not over yet.
RD is ready in a day or two sign Mark but Kimi with Steve "haven't discussed one way or another about next season". Nice. :confused:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Jun 2010, 10:26

Loiste wrote:
luieluv wrote:ISo alls not over yet.
RD is ready in a day or two sign Mark but Kimi with Steve "haven't discussed one way or another about next season". Nice. :confused:
For all we know it could be a performance clause / Conditional clause that Red bull would sign with webber. and there is more than half the season to go and we cannot be sure of performance of top teams in second half. Lets wait a bit.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 02 Jun 2010, 10:29

luieluv wrote: May be he can have his doors open at Merc or Renault for that matter and invest his time in making those teams even stronger and can achieve a goal of driving for a top team who could be competitive.
I don't think so. He said already last year that he's not willing to build a team/car to be competitive. The car should be competitive right from the beginning! If not at RB, I can see him in Mercedes too. Not at Renault, it seems that Kubica is the right person for them.

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 02 Jun 2010, 10:33

[quote="luieluv] Lets wait a bit.[/quote]
Sure...

But what about if RB will sign Mark soon? :cool:
Button has 3-years contract and there was no sense to make this long deal with him to returne Kimi after year.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 02 Jun 2010, 10:35

Loiste wrote: But what about if RB will sign Mark soon? :cool:
It would be a dumb move, if you ask me. Webber hasn't been that consistent throughout his career. Let's wait and see. :zz:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 02 Jun 2010, 10:38

Loiste wrote:
luieluv wrote: Lets wait a bit.
Sure...

After the events of Sunday, I don't think Mark will be in a hurry to sign with Red Bull, especially given the team's defence of Vettel.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Jun 2010, 10:43

cformula1 wrote:
Loiste wrote:
luieluv wrote: Lets wait a bit.
Sure...

After the events of Sunday, I don't think Mark will be in a hurry to sign with Red Bull, especially given the team's defence of Vettel.
exactly... Why would mark sign a contract if people from the roof tops are shouting of Red bull favoring vettel..

He surely will have doors open elsewhere too..

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 02 Jun 2010, 10:47

I believe Kimi has been made his desicion already and he is going to continue in rally.
MTV 3 reports Citroen adds more testing to Kimis program this year. This hints to me they are ready to invest more in him and believe he can deliver if he gets more time behind the wheel.
Otherwise , I am so bored to read all the news and speculation that I just wait for Kimis own comments about the matter. Then we will know.

Loiste
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Loiste » 02 Jun 2010, 10:52

Kinga wrote:
Loiste wrote: But what about if RB will sign Mark soon? :cool:
It would be a dumb move, if you ask me. Webber hasn't been that consistent throughout his career. Let's wait and see. :zz:
:roll:: It was a dumb move already last year whan RB decided to resign Mark in July... After it Mark made a lot of faults and lost the champ.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 Jun 2010, 10:55

apple wrote:I believe Kimi has been made his desicion already and he is going to continue in rally.
MTV 3 reports Citroen adds more testing to Kimis program this year. This hints to me they are ready to invest more in him and believe he can deliver if he gets more time behind the wheel.
Otherwise , I am so bored to read all the news and speculation that I just wait for Kimis own comments about the matter. Then we will know.
Not necessary. Have we ever seen kimi not giving his best or not utilizing the resources to the maximum. We should not feel that the testing program has been announced only coz kimi has made up his mind and opted for rallying.

Did he gave up on F60 even when the team had stopped developments. So i am sure that kimi would have been given the testing and kimi would have done it even if he was to decide on anything else other than WRC for 2011.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 02 Jun 2010, 10:58

luieluv wrote: Not necessary. Have we ever seen kimi not giving his best or not utilizing the resources to the maximum. We should not feel that the testing program has been announced only coz kimi has made up his mind and opted for rallying.

Did he gave up on F60 even when the team had stopped developments. So i am sure that kimi would have been given the testing and kimi would have done it even if he was to decide on anything else other than WRC for 2011.
You might be right. They - at Citroën - want to make sure that Kimi would achieve better results. Maybe it was in the schedule already that he would get more testing days at the 2nd half of the season. When he would feel more comfortable in the car, when he would have more experience in making the pace notes and in driving with a co-driver. :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 Jun 2010, 11:44

First of all, this is what Signor Turrini wrote yesterday evening:

"In any case, taking the situation into consideration I would exclude that Red Bull would have the same driver liner up in 2011. Maybe they have but it can also be that Kimi has already called them."

And as for the incident on Sunday. I don't see it the way the majority saw it. It looks like Vettel really was treated badly since he was told on the radio to overtake Mark while Mark's race engineer gave other information to Mark. It would explain the whole situation.

Webber's race engineer gets the blame

Turun Sanomat 31.5 2010 23:05:32

In Red Bull's investigations they have now found Mark Webber's race engineer Ciaron Pilbeam to be at fault since his advices to Mark about saving fuel and revs were seen as a signal that led to a too aggressive defense.

According to the team Pilbeam should have informed that Vettel was much faster but he did it in a wrong way.

Christian Horner said that he has gone through similar problems in the smaller formula-classes and knows that by talking things through quickly and making sure that the matter won't have any bearing in the future, both parties will understand what is best for them.

Istanbul/Heikki Kulta
http://www.ts.fi/f1/sahkeet/135372.html

Webber's engineer gets critisism for the second time

Turun Sanomat 1.6 2010 22:41:21

– For Red BULL IstanBUL was a bulls** -race, they joke around the world.

Helmut Marko who is known as Red Bull -tycoon Dietrich Mateschitz's right hand was very careful not to blame Sebastian Vettel for the incident on Sunday in any way in the tv-interview on Monday.

Marko isn't blaming Webber anymore, all blame goes to his race engineer Ciaron Pilbeam. Pilbeam was also blamed in Australia GP for Webber's mistakes and now he got even more blame.

Marko said that the race engineer should have made it clear to Webber that Vettel is faster and so that he would avoid being overtaken by Lewis he is allowd to try to overtake Mark which would have been a defensive move from Vettel, not an attacking strategy.

According to Marko he should have said straight out to Webber that he was too slow and that Vettel had to use his speed so he wouldn't be overtaken by Hamilton.

– The engineer simply had a blackout and he didn't act professionally, Marko emphasised.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/135637.html
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL