Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Maria d » 30 May 2010, 22:11

Anelise wrote:Courtesy TaniaS
:thumbsup:
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 30 May 2010, 22:16

ish678 wrote:
Kinga wrote:^^^Great videos! Pleasure to watch them. :thumbsup:
cformula1 wrote:Hmmm, after today I can see one Red Bull seat opening up, as I doubt they'll be together next season. Who will go is to be decided, but I reckon that Kimi would be a good teammate to both of them.
I wouldn't mind it! :pray:
Me neither :) :pray:
Nor me :pray: lovely to see him racing brings back all the memories good and sad

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 30 May 2010, 23:12

Maria d wrote:
Anelise wrote:Courtesy TaniaS
:thumbsup:
This to me is a true testimoy of what Kimi is all about.

Go Kimi.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 31 May 2010, 02:48

About the Red Bull incident: I have to say it is Webber's fault. Webber first pushed to the left as Vettel lined up alongside him. That forced Vettel onto the white line, and Vettel lost the car because of this. That's why his car veered to the right even though he gave no steering input.

It would be just a racing incident if they were not teammates. Between teammates, you don't squeeze the other guy so tight to the white line. At least after than he should have moved away and given enough room. That didn't happen either. Not acceptable with your teammate.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 31 May 2010, 02:50

Very nice banner. Those are awesome Kimi fans. Represent!!!

Nik, danke for all the vids! Kimi was just magnificent. Especially back in McLaren.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 31 May 2010, 04:28

ish678 wrote:
Kinga wrote:^^^Great videos! Pleasure to watch them. :thumbsup:
cformula1 wrote:Hmmm, after today I can see one Red Bull seat opening up, as I doubt they'll be together next season. Who will go is to be decided, but I reckon that Kimi would be a good teammate to both of them.
I wouldn't mind it! :pray:
Me neither :) :pray:
+1

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 31 May 2010, 04:53

I do think that vettel was a little too aggressive to move to the right as quickly as he did although it may have been that he was gunning for the driving line heading into the turn and I think he was thinking his mate would give way since he was clearly ahead of him at that point. The thing that has to be said IMO is that webs already could see vettel ahead and he refused to budge and denied it during the PC. I think this is wrong considering they are teammates.

If you see the contact point, it is webs' frontwing and vettel's back tyre. it tells of where contact took place so I feel at that point, webs should have moved to the right as an avoiding action - they do teach this in advanced resistance driving courses so I should think webs should be much more professional at judging distances than us mere mortals. I would say web is at fault for not giving way although people have debated that he didn't need to...I was just thinking they could challenge other drivers around them without incident becos they were prob wary but between teammates, there should be a better understanding to let the faster driver through without too much aggression/resistence. The commentators said webs left the door wide open, this means SV was clearly attacking and webs, if he had already opened the door, shouldn't have been so aggressive to head back to SV's path and refuse to step on the brakes - becos they are teammates. Well I may be wrong for saying so cos most people on the other sites blame it mainly on vettel. I do think he is at fault but for veering too soon to the right and that is due to human error. it is the avoiding action that webs should have taken that would have kept the RB drivers in the 1-2 position. and considering the age and experience gap, I would say webs is more at fault than vettel....just my 2 cents hahahah

I'm actually happy for ham to thow himself in the WDC mix. Button drove very well IMO too, considering I never thought much of him. I'm actually open to how other drivers present themselves on track now that kimi is no longer there. I would say Vettel was not very mature in showing the hand gesture afterwards but in the heat of the moment, it is always hard to keep emotions in check, esp if it was a teammate who screwed you over in the manner that he did.
The JINX

Lynx'niK
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lynx'niK » 31 May 2010, 09:21

IMO this hole scenario has been postive at least if you´re a Kimi -Fan [ and in case Kimi wants to come back for 1 more title].

I just can´t imagine that they will get on with each other without a problem. I mean, I don´t see a battle like Ham&Alo. They aren´t that selfish but there won´t be harmony anymore, and Didi Mateschitz wasn´t really amused about this drama. RBR stands for a lifestyle and it´s not compatible with two teammates not being teammates.

But still there´s a Massa and a Kubica and a Sutil...and a Senna

but please :pray:
GOODBYE KIMI
GOODBYE RÄIKKÖNEN

http://www.youtube.com/user/niQlettsche

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 31 May 2010, 10:51

brendakarli wrote:I do think that vettel was a little too aggressive to move to the right as quickly as he did although it may have been that he was gunning for the driving line heading into the turn and I think he was thinking his mate would give way since he was clearly ahead of him at that point. The thing that has to be said IMO is that webs already could see vettel ahead and he refused to budge and denied it during the PC. I think this is wrong considering they are teammates.

If you see the contact point, it is webs' frontwing and vettel's back tyre. it tells of where contact took place so I feel at that point, webs should have moved to the right as an avoiding action - they do teach this in advanced resistance driving courses so I should think webs should be much more professional at judging distances than us mere mortals. I would say web is at fault for not giving way although people have debated that he didn't need to...I was just thinking they could challenge other drivers around them without incident becos they were prob wary but between teammates, there should be a better understanding to let the faster driver through without too much aggression/resistence. The commentators said webs left the door wide open, this means SV was clearly attacking and webs, if he had already opened the door, shouldn't have been so aggressive to head back to SV's path and refuse to step on the brakes - becos they are teammates. Well I may be wrong for saying so cos most people on the other sites blame it mainly on vettel. I do think he is at fault but for veering too soon to the right and that is due to human error. it is the avoiding action that webs should have taken that would have kept the RB drivers in the 1-2 position. and considering the age and experience gap, I would say webs is more at fault than vettel....just my 2 cents hahahah

I'm actually happy for ham to thow himself in the WDC mix. Button drove very well IMO too, considering I never thought much of him. I'm actually open to how other drivers present themselves on track now that kimi is no longer there. I would say Vettel was not very mature in showing the hand gesture afterwards but in the heat of the moment, it is always hard to keep emotions in check, esp if it was a teammate who screwed you over in the manner that he did.
Absolutely agree with everything! :)

Wow, such a cool banner! Kimi, you are loved. :hug:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 31 May 2010, 13:01

thanks for your support Kinga :O :hug:

I also dun think RB boss would look too seriously at massa as he is an emotional driver... not sure about sutil and kubica's profiles... but Massa's personality doesn't really fit the profile of RB. Actually, Seb is looking like he's losing his cool too. MW is clearly in it to try his best cos this is the only chance he'll realistically get before retiring. I just think he blew it with the big bosses for not taking avoiding action. Otherwise I was pretty sure before the incident that he would still retain his seat for 2011... cos I' m pretty sure kimi would leave enough room for his teammate cos there is no point jostling for position if you're slowing your teammate down. Oh well, time will tell who will sit alongside seb next year...there are still many races to go and anything can happen - ala button and brawn. but the more I hear from kimi's blogs, the more I am convinced he's never setting foot back into F1 - just my gut telling me so ::oops:; else, he really has poker face (channeling lady gaga now) and I'm his paparazzi :lol:
The JINX

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 31 May 2010, 13:22

brendakarli wrote:thanks for your support Kinga :O :hug:

I also dun think RB boss would look too seriously at massa as he is an emotional driver... not sure about sutil and kubica's profiles... but Massa's personality doesn't really fit the profile of RB. Actually, Seb is looking like he's losing his cool too. MW is clearly in it to try his best cos this is the only chance he'll realistically get before retiring. I just think he blew it with the big bosses for not taking avoiding action. Otherwise I was pretty sure before the incident that he would still retain his seat for 2011... cos I' m pretty sure kimi would leave enough room for his teammate cos there is no point jostling for position if you're slowing your teammate down. Oh well, time will tell who will sit alongside seb next year...there are still many races to go and anything can happen - ala button and brawn. but the more I hear from kimi's blogs, the more I am convinced he's never setting foot back into F1 - just my gut telling me so ::oops:; else, he really has poker face (channeling lady gaga now) and I'm his paparazzi :lol:
Again, great one! And :lol: @ your last sentence!! :p

Avastrol
car driver
car driver

Post by Avastrol » 31 May 2010, 14:41

Webber never drifted to the left nor forced Seb towards the white line, he kept on going straight while leaving Seb exactly a car's width. He left Seb with 2 options - 1) go straight in the dusty line and be forced to brake a good 20 meters earlier, in the process losing the place or 2) crash. It was the latter that happened. When it did, there was a good half meter of tarmac to the left of Seb.

You could argue that Webber should have moved right, and that he had clear vision of what Vettel was doing since he was halfway behind. But it is clear that to some extent, Seb relied on Mark being intimidated (he would never be). You can also argue that Seb's move to the right is a rather sudden swerve, and that he assumed Mark would move over (Mark wouldn't, he was committed to giving Seb strictly that exact one car width until the braking point. Both drivers were clumsy. Unstoppable force meets immovable object.

Overall, my verdict is that Mark was an idiot in the context of being a team player - for being hard-headed and holding his ground when he could have made it easier, given it was his teammate he was dicing with. But Seb was an even bigger idiot, because of his racecraft and his attitude, for being clumsy and assuming that Mark is some type of red sea who will part at will upon his command. If this was a collision between two cars of different teams, I would put 120% of the blame on Seb. But the team dynamics throws them spanners.

What I didn't like in this situation is the team itself - it's disgusting to see Horner and Marko throwing Webber under the bus. It's definitely worse than how Ferrari treated Kimi. So despite the rustling of Kimi to RB in 2011 growing louder and louder every minute, there is a lingering cause of concern, given how slimy Horner and Marko are in all of this. Of course, Kimi and Webber have vastly different personalities and yesterday's incident would have been a non-incident if it was Kimi being overtaken, but still, what's happening in RB is much much worse than the cold shoulder Kimi was receiving in Ferrari.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 31 May 2010, 15:05

Avastrol wrote:what's happening in RB is much much worse than the cold shoulder Kimi was receiving in Ferrari.
Right now not, or not yet. It was just one incident, let's see what happens in the future. Let's see how they could handle it, both the drivers and the team principal and other bosses in RB.

What they have done to Kimi at Ferrari was beyond words ...

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 31 May 2010, 15:11

Kinga wrote:
Avastrol wrote:what's happening in RB is much much worse than the cold shoulder Kimi was receiving in Ferrari.
Right now not, or not yet. It was just one incident, let's see what happens in the future. Let's see how they could handle it, both the drivers and the team principal and other bosses in RB.

What they have done to Kimi at Ferrari was beyond words ...
yeah i agree.. what ferrari did to kimi is unacceptable..