Rally de Portugal 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Rally de Portugal 2010

Post by luieluv » 28 May 2010, 17:15

WRC »P-G Andersson joins Stobart team

Per-Gunnar Andersson will join the Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team as a guest driver in Rally Bulgaria next month.

The 30-year-old former Junior World Rally Championship title winner will compete in a Ford Focus RS WRC in the famous Stobart green and white livery, and will be nominated for points in the seventh round of the 2010 World Rally Championship.

Andersson has valuable experience in a WRC car having formerly driven for the Suzuki World Rally Team, and also has winning credentials having taken the J-WRC title in both 2004 and 2007.

"I'm really proud to be joining the Stobart team in a Ford Focus RS WRC. I had my first test in the Focus two weeks ago on a gravel surface and everything went very smoothly," Andersson said.

"My only concern is that the stages in Bulgaria are tarmac and these are not my preference so it may take a bit of time to get used to the car on a new surface. I'm sure it will all be fine though and I am very excited about joining the Stobart Ford team."

Stobart M-Sport Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson added: "I am delighted that P-G will be representing the Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team in Bulgaria next month.

"We were really impressed with the feedback we received when he competed in a Ford Fiesta R2 in the Pirelli International Rally last month and I am sure that he will do just as well in a World Rally Championship round. He also performed very well in the test a few weeks ago - I have no doubt that he will be a great representative for our team."

link:
http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/1 ... _team.html
So he was blabbering a lot about deserving thingy.. Bring him on... we shall see him in Bulgaria..
Now that he would be having a car competitive that of front runners we shall see how he performs and how kimi does.

Bring him on Tarmac..

Hell Yeah... Piggy is in for a ride. Iceman Cometh!
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 28 May 2010, 17:17

Block set to return on day two in Portugal

Ken Block is set to restart on day two of Rally de Portugal following his roll on the fourth stage of the event this morning.

The Monster World Rally Team driver was in 13th place when he left the road 13.5 kilometres from the start of the 21.36-kilometre Silves stage and retired.

An initial inspection of the car, performed by a mechanic from the M-Sport team by the side of the stage, suggested that the damage was relatively light and would not prevent the American from continuing on the second leg of the Faro-based event.

Block’s engineer Mathias Aubespin said: “I didn’t speak to him direct, only to his manager so I am not exactly sure what happened but they rolled the car, a light roll, broke the suspension and couldn’t carry on. We have a mechanic with the car now and the damage he described sounds like it wasn’t a bad roll, just the back end of the car was slightly damaged. The hope is all will be okay [to restart] tomorrow. As far as we know there is some suspension to repair and a bit of cosmetic.”

Despite Block’s retirement, Aubespin said he was happy with the progress his driver was making in what is only his third appearance in a Ford Focus RS World Rally Car.
“He’s doing good,” said Aubespin, who previously worked as Marcus Gronholm’s engineer when the Finn drove for the factory Ford team between 2006 and 2007.

“He’s listening to the advice from everybody, the engineers, technicians and the other drivers. He’s really keen and has the right approach and attitude.

“At first it was the basic things like changing gear and braking at the right time. He’s got that right so now it is just a case of learning all the other things because it is not easy what he is doing. But he is definitely going in the right way.”

WRC dot com
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 28 May 2010, 17:27

Sounds like Block is going through what Kimi went through at the beginning of the season. Steep learning curve...... lots of crashes.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 17:32

luieluv wrote:10th place is okie. kimi just said that for now the only objective is to learn. The second time the stages were okie and easier than the first time.

For me i feel that now i have moved out of that zone of being feared of Kimi rolling over or throwing it away. Now more of a concern for me is his building of pace. Hope he does that and improves tomorrow.

He somehow has to match the timings set by wilson and Ostberg on a consistent basis. Perhaps be quicker than them most of the times.
That's what I feel! :shhh:

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 28 May 2010, 17:48

i think tomorrow kimi in 8 th

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 May 2010, 17:49

Sébastien Loeb wrote:i think tomorrow kimi in 8 th
I hope that too! That would be fab! :pray:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 28 May 2010, 17:54

So, we are ok with the first day.....
I think it is great...
We must not forget that all these guys no matter how young they are, they have driven many rallies, and perhaps the same rally a few times....

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 28 May 2010, 18:17

Acropolis wrote:So, we are ok with the first day.....
I think it is great...
We must not forget that all these guys no matter how young they are, they have driven many rallies, and perhaps the same rally a few times....
Many of them are rallye champs in national series or junior wrc
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 28 May 2010, 18:32

Thanks to all informations!!!!! :O

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 28 May 2010, 18:36

I reckon that Kimi has done well today. He may be feeling a bit frustrated with his slightly rusty performance but all things considering he has kept it on the road and had a solid day. You wait he will use his frustration with himself in a positive way and put it with everything he has learnt today and start a new day tomorrow determined to do a good job and bring the car home in a good position.

WELL DONE KIMI AND KAJ

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 28 May 2010, 18:44

I had to work the whole day ... very busy day. I felt anxious knowing Kimi is competing in WRC at the same time as I'm at the office :zz:

Thanks to you, I had over 40 pages to read! :lol:

Good job so far Kimi and Kaj. I'm happy Kimi is taking it safe and just concentrating on learning...... this makes me wonder, maybe he does have a long-term goal - he wants to compete in rally for many many years so it's crucial for him to learn the basics and the stages.

Hopefully I'll have time to follow Kimi tomorrow with all of you guys!!! :cool:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 28 May 2010, 19:51

I just watched MTV3's 10 min rally program. Anette asked Loeb and Latvala what they think about Kimi's progress and had interviewed Olivier Quesnel. They all said nice things but I was SO ashamed that half of the program was about Kimi and what everybody thinks of his chances. It's the same thing as with Rally Sweden when in the press conference all the questions were for Kimi. I mean I'm interested in Kimi, obviously, but I feel so embarrassed when the top rally drivers are treated like some kind of supporting actors...

Maria d
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Maria d » 28 May 2010, 20:08

Dracaena wrote:I just watched MTV3's 10 min rally program. Anette asked Loeb and Latvala what they think about Kimi's progress and had interviewed Olivier Quesnel. They all said nice things but I was SO ashamed that half of the program was about Kimi and what everybody thinks of his chances. It's the same thing as with Rally Sweden when in the press conference all the questions were for Kimi. I mean I'm interested in Kimi, obviously, but I feel so embarrassed when the top rally drivers are treated like some kind of supporting actors...
i feel the same way,cant imagine that the top drivers want to talk about Kimi and not there own race results.You know when JPM came to nascar it was the same think, but after a while all the attention stopped.Now its Danica.
when i know it...........K.Raikkonen

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 28 May 2010, 20:12

Does anybody know why Kimi has not made the Portugal Rally Preview? :confused:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 28 May 2010, 20:37

momo wrote:Does anybody know why Kimi has not made the Portugal Rally Preview? :confused:
I don't know, Momo :(

There was no Finnish Turkey review either ''hmm''
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL