FISI-GONE?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Will Fisi be around for the entire season?

Hell Yes! He'll stick around like burnt Risotto!
59%
Hell No! Briatore's fat lady will tell Fisi to: "Volare, oh, oh, Cantare, oh,oh,oh,oh... "
41%

Total votes: 22

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

FISI-GONE?

Post by BANANAGP » 15 May 2007, 00:59

Do you think Briatore will give Fisi the Trulli treatment and make him Volare ("fly away")? I'm betting after Italy, Fisi is history and Nelson Piquet Jr. takes over with Koveleinen. Thoughts?

...nel blu dipinto di blu! hehehe

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 15 May 2007, 15:16

I'm not really sure to be honest if he will go but he will have lots of things to do after F1 with running his GP2 Team etc

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 15 May 2007, 16:53

I do not think that he will make him leave before the end of the season, but I'm sure he won't be there in 2008

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 15 May 2007, 17:54

I was actually very surprised to see him still driving for Renault this year. I don't think Briatore will get rid of him during the season. If he will be there next year well thats totally different i'm not sure he will
ImageImage

theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by theo » 15 May 2007, 19:05

i'm sure someone should be brought to renault, dunno who, but i'm sure or heikki or fisi will be get rid of, but i think it'll b hekki, cause fisi is more experienced, so i say he stay.
GO KIMIIII....

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 16 May 2007, 15:18

Saw this in another post!

From F1-Live.com

Giancarlo Fisichella says he wants to stick around in Formula One for at least four more years.

The Italian, although enduring a difficult season for Renault so far in 2007, is setting his sights on countryman Riccardo Patrese's long-standing record of 256 grands prix.

Already a ten-year veteran with more than 180 races under his belt, surpassing Patrese's record would see Fisichella appearing on the grid beyond 2011.

He told Gulf News: "I want to beat the world record before I consider leaving the circuit."

Fisichella said he also hoped to see out his career at Renault, even though test driver Nelson Piquet Jr is impatiently eyeing the seat.

The Roman, who has also driven for Minardi, Jordan and Sauber, explained: "I will hopefully retire while competing for Renault because they are the best team I have had."

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 16 May 2007, 16:05

I doubt it will be Fisi that gets kicked out... Heikki has only beaten Fisico once and apart from Spain Fisi has done a good job in a car that even Flavio admitts needed a lot of work... If they do kick Fisi out they would need to replace him with an experienced driver...

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 16 May 2007, 16:34

i don't think flavio will sack giancarlo...i mean i don't understand why he would do that, he can score points and it would be quite difficult to find someone who isn't with the quicker teams that can do that
Dark_Fisico wrote:I doubt it will be Fisi that gets kicked out... Heikki has only beaten Fisico once and apart from Spain Fisi has done a good job in a car that even Flavio admitts needed a lot of work... If they do kick Fisi out they would need to replace him with an experienced driver...
i'm sorry but your comparison of fisi and a rookie :lol: :lol:
is this the only comparison

anyway i think heikki is getting better, at the beginning he was quite far off then the next race he got closer etc and at catalonia he was in front so i think he has improved a lot BUT it has been 4 races which it still quite early on of course
mm tofu

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 16 May 2007, 16:39

alex wrote:i don't think flavio will sack giancarlo...i mean i don't understand why he would do that, he can score points and it would be quite difficult to find someone who isn't with the quicker teams that can do that
Dark_Fisico wrote:I doubt it will be Fisi that gets kicked out... Heikki has only beaten Fisico once and apart from Spain Fisi has done a good job in a car that even Flavio admitts needed a lot of work... If they do kick Fisi out they would need to replace him with an experienced driver...
i'm sorry but your comparison of fisi and a rookie :lol: :lol:
is this the only comparison

anyway i think heikki is getting better, at the beginning he was quite far off then the next race he got closer etc and at catalonia he was in front so i think he has improved a lot BUT it has been 4 races which it still quite early on of course
Its not a comparision, your not gonna kick the guy giving you the points out of the car and put two rookies ONE who only has beaten the guy you kicked out once in the first place... If Flavio did he would be a fool really... Maybe if Heikki finds his feet and leaves Fisico in the shadow ok it would be fine, but so far this season Fisi has beaten Heikki even when he was on medication...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 16 May 2007, 19:02

Let's see... Fernando won two world championships for Renault in 2005 & 2006. (won 14 races and had 15 podiums).

During this period here is Fisichela's production...
2005 - 1 win, 2 podiums
2006 - 1 win, 4 podiums
...with the best car in the field!!

It's pretty obvious Renault's 2005 and 2006 seasons would have looked alot like this season if it were left to Fisichella! Why would anyone would think Fisi is the man to turn the team around?

He's only there because Briatore hasn't signed a driver to replace him. When Piquet jr. signs on the dotted line with Briatore (not Renault) it'll be the end of Fisico at Renault me thinks...

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 17 May 2007, 17:33

perfectly agree, Bananagp.

Also, it is not a good thing for a team to change both his drivers in one season, although Maccas did it. This year was a transition year for Renault. Changed 1 driver, changed tyres, and but needed the other driver to be the same one.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 17 May 2007, 20:34

I agree that Fisico is gone at Renault... But at the moment I don't think Flavio would be stupid enough to dump him and stick another rookie in the car, when the one that is already in the car has only had 1 good race...

Busi
Donator
Donator

Post by Busi » 17 May 2007, 21:17

The key to answer the poll is which driver will perform better; if Kova starts outperforming fizi, he might be sacked soon yeah, but I don't think so cause Kova is not that great either...
Alonso, future 5 times world champion

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 17 May 2007, 21:33

Good points... my bias for Piquet jr. is clouding my judgement. :)

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 18 May 2007, 19:21

BANANAGP wrote:Good points... my bias for Piquet jr. is clouding my judgement. :)
I've watched him drive, his a good driver i wouldn't mind seeing him in the Renault
ImageImage