Rally de Portugal 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Rally de Portugal 2010

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 27 May 2010, 15:12

Is there a link to the channel carrying the super special stage

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 May 2010, 15:15

Kimi Raikkonen kept up the momentum in Portugal :cool: :thumbsup:

Kimi Raikkonen was a promising pace with the Portuguese Rally test a special test.

Raikkonen was on Thursday morning five-kilometer-long test clip eighth fastest and reached close to their fellow Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala.

Raikkonen lost the dry and dusty conditions ajetulla test on the road just 1.6 seconds for two seconds Latvala and Hirvonen.

Ford's Finnish duo was able to prevail four Citroën driver. The fastest was the beginning of the period comet Sebastien Ogier before Petter Solberg, Sebastien Loebia and Daniel Sordoa.

- This was a challenging piece. Maybe the whole rally the most difficult, championship leader Loeb said the test clips.

Portuguese Rally opening special stage run on Thursday evening in the Algarve Stadium.

link:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uutin ... id=2167669
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 27 May 2010, 15:20

Go Kimi

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 27 May 2010, 15:34

luieluv wrote: Raikkonen lost the dry and dusty conditions ajetulla test on the road just 1.6 seconds for two seconds Latvala and Hirvonen.
ajetulla = driven (I think that you could guess that one word without translation - hmm. I am not sure how good my translation is :blush: )
I miss a babysitter

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 May 2010, 16:18

Solberg to push for Portugal victory

Petter Solberg insists he has no regrets about the crash that cost him a possible win on Rally New Zealand earlier this month and will once again go all-out to claim victory on Vodafone Rally de Portugal, which gets underway with a superspecial stage in Estadio Algarve this evening (Thursday).

Solberg crashed into an electricity pylon on the final stage in New Zealand while travelling in sixth gear. Miraculously his Citroen C4 suffered only superficial damage and has been repaired by his Petter Solberg World Rally Team mechanics for use on the Faro-based event.

The crash cost Solberg second place in the title order but means the Norwegian will start Friday’s gravel stages in fifth position on the road by virtue of his championship standing.

“It was maybe a little too much but I decided to go like a maniac to try to win in New Zealand because I am here for winning,” said the 2003 world champion. “I tried to do it, I pushed too hard and it didn’t work but I am not so disappointed because my starting position here is better and I am in control of my situation for Saturday, which wasn’t the case in New Zealand when I lost a lot of time. I will push again for the win here and that is my only goal.”

Solberg began his Rally de Portugal bid with a successful shakedown in Vale de Judeu earlier today, ending up second fastest to Citroen Junior Team pilot Sebastien Ogier. To maximise the amount of running Solberg got, his team serviced his car away from the main service area, which co-driver Phil Mills said had proved to be beneficial.

“It’s 20 minutes back to service each time so servicing where we did saved us time - we’re a private team so we don’t come under the rules of the world championship in that respect,” said Mills. “We had no issues at all in shakedown and everything was straightforward. People went fast towards the end but I always look at the first two times and we were there straight away.”

link:
http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id ... al+victory
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 27 May 2010, 16:51

Hmm where is Wolfie my little dahling??? :huh:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 27 May 2010, 16:53

Don´t get one thingy with the shakedown! Why did some do 6 runs and others less? :huh:

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 27 May 2010, 16:55

Lets all just send Kimi collective good vibes to have a really good rally Portugal, to drive some stunning stages and to finish the rally in one peice. :)

Bring it home Kimi we are all behind you Flag:##

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 May 2010, 17:06

The opening stages of Vodafone Rally de Portugal

Round six of the 2010 World Rally Championship kicks off this evening with a spectacular head-to-head Superspecial built at the 30,000 capacity Algarve Stadium.

After tonight's 2km teaser, cars will be kept in an overnight Parc Ferme ready for the first full day of gravel rallying. Friday’s action gets underway at 0810hrs (GMT +1) with a 15-minute visit to the Service Park before the first stage - the 22.72km Santa Clara.

In the morning, crews will tackle a loop of three gravel stages in the Serra do Caldeirão hills north of Faro, before returning to the Algarve Stadium for a midday 30-minute service. In the afternoon, crews will repeat the morning loop then return for an end of day 45-minute service.

Comprising seven stages and a competitive distance of 130km, day one (which includes Thursday's Superspecial) is the second longest of the rally.

Wrc.com stage notes for Thursday and Friday's stages are listed below. Under the summaries you'll find a list of website links to help you follow the rally via our live results service.

SS1 (Thursday night): Estadio Algarve Superspecial. 2.21km
The rally begins with the first of two visits to a Superspecial Stage at the Estadio Algarve - a soccer stadium built for the 2004 European Championships. The stage comprises four laps of a tight and twisty circuit inside the stadium and a faster section through the car park outside. Unlike the rest of the rally the Super Special has a smooth asphalt surface, which on gravel tyres will mean a serious lack of grip. Water filled barriers do a good job of keeping the cars on track.

SS2/5: Santa Clara. 22.61km
Friday's opener is the first gravel stage of the rally, the longest of the day and the most northerly of the event. The route is unchanged from 2009 but drivers will need to make fresh pace notes because this year it's run in the reverse direction. The opening 100 metres are on asphalt but after that it sweeps downhill onto gravel and stays on that surface until the end. It features a mixture of fast, flowing sections and others that are tighter and more technical. Blind crests feature as well; with three in a row at the 1.5km point. There's another sequence just before the finish - each with corners immediately after to catch out the unwary.

SS3/6: Ourique. 23.42km
Like Santa Clara, Ourique runs through a valley and features a mix of fast, flowing roads and tighter, technical sections. The change in character makes it tough for drivers to settle into a comfortable driving rhythm. The surface is similar to Santa Clara as well, with a lot of gravel but plenty of abrasive bedrock showing through. This stage will be especially tough on tyres.

SS4/7: Silves. 21.54km
The third stage of Friday's loop is another undulating affair that climbs up hills and drops down into valleys. After a 200 metre asphalt section at the start, the road switches to gravel and is generally flowing and fast except for a tighter, technical section in the middle. There's still a lot of bedrock to test the tyres, but also some softer sections on packed soil that won't clean as much. There are two big crests at the 4.5km point and a stomach-churning sequence of five in a row at 18km.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 27 May 2010, 17:13

Sébastien Loeb wrote:http://www.rtp.pt/tv/rtp2/includes/guia.php?s=1
ss1 live in rtp 2
Anelise: Can you get us a live stream :huh:

Gooo Kimi :cool:

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 27 May 2010, 17:21

btw I read that Todt will be at Portugal this weekend! :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 May 2010, 17:25

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Hmm where is Wolfie my little dahling??? :huh:
Present :hug:

When does the stage start?

Linda, let's keep our boy on the road :shhh:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kriss