Vote for Kimi's next year

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP

Do you want that Kimi race next year in?

Poll ended at 24 Jun 2010, 11:29

F1
65%
WRC
35%

Total votes: 46

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Vote for Kimi's next year

Post by SpaMaster » 26 May 2010, 06:17

Moominpappa wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:I don't think we should want Kimi to do something we like. He should do what he likes. Having a third option "Do whatever he likes" would be interesting to see what his fans feel. :p
If I would done this thread to Finnish forum, I'd add there a third option: I wan't that Kimi don't race anymore. I know that most of us are happy is he in F1 or WTC or something else. I wanted see difference between these two most probable alternative.

I voted WRC.
Okay, I understand. ;) That's a good idea. I would say F1 would win overwhelmingly, something like 85%-15%. Let me check the results.
@ bourbon: :lol:
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 26 May 2010, 06:31

SpaMaster wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:I don't think we should want Kimi to do something we like. He should do what he likes. Having a third option "Do whatever he likes" would be interesting to see what his fans feel. :p
If I would done this thread to Finnish forum, I'd add there a third option: I wan't that Kimi don't race anymore. I know that most of us are happy is he in F1 or WTC or something else. I wanted see difference between these two most probable alternative.

I voted WRC.
Okay, I understand. ;) That's a good idea. I would say F1 would win overwhelmingly, something like 85%-15%. Let me check the results.
@ bourbon: :lol:
I think the question is a bit misleading. Most people wants him to win or at least fight for the top of the podium. On the other hand most of us assumes that he would surely do that in F1 while in rally has no chance. At least not for a few years. That leaves most of us wishing he'd go back to F1. Would you want him to go back knowing that he'll just make up the numbers, and gets the same treatment he left behind?
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 26 May 2010, 06:42

Kinga wrote:We'll see what is more important for him. The chance of winning or the friendly and cool atmosphere. He likes both. :p Which feeling is stronger? ''hmm''
I'm pretty sure he doesn't think like that. Whithout a chance of winning he simply wouldn't continue racing. Ever. He's willing to work hard and long for his goals, but as he said he's not there to make up the numbers be that F1, or rally.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 26 May 2010, 07:09

beefree88 wrote:
Kinga wrote:We'll see what is more important for him. The chance of winning or the friendly and cool atmosphere. He likes both. :p Which feeling is stronger? ''hmm''
I'm pretty sure he doesn't think like that. Whithout a chance of winning he simply wouldn't continue racing. Ever. He's willing to work hard and long for his goals, but as he said he's not there to make up the numbers be that F1, or rally.
Well, he's smart enough to understand that winning in rally is almost impossible (not a WDC but even a single rally). I know that he's willing to learn but it's not enough. Prove me wrong, Kimi. :)

There must be something why he didn't say "I'm done with F1 for good" last year! Had he felt that it was enough he would have said so! I hope he wants to go back to F1 because he wants to win, because of the feeling and not because of to make up numbers!

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 26 May 2010, 08:03

Kinga wrote: Well, he's smart enough to understand that winning in rally is almost impossible (not a WDC but even a single rally). I know that he's willing to learn but it's not enough. Prove me wrong, Kimi. :)

There must be something why he didn't say "I'm done with F1 for good" last year! Had he felt that it was enough he would have said so! I hope he wants to go back to F1 because he wants to win, because of the feeling and not because of to make up numbers!
Possibility and probability is not the same. If you aim high you have to set your sight at the former, never the later. Which is exactly what Kimi did all his life. His whole life can be summed up by "against all odds".

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 26 May 2010, 09:46

^^^I understand your point of view but actually we do not know what Kimi's thinking. We just try to speculate, try to analyze things, or even over-analyze them. Afterall he is the one who will make a decision we just try to read his mind which is impossible. :)

Btw, the phrase "against all odds" you used reminds me of this... nice lyrics...

Phil Collins: Against all odds

How can I just let you walk away,
just let you leave without a trace
When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh
You're the only one who really knew me at all

How can you just walk away from me,
when all I can do is watch you leave
Cos we've shared the laughter and the pain,
and even shared the tears

So take a look at me now,
'cos there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me,
just the memory of your face
Take a look at me now,
And you coming back to me
is against all odds and that's what I've got to face

I wish I could just make you turn around,
turn around and see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you,
so many reasons why

So take a look at me now,
And there's nothing left here to remind me,
just the memory of your face
Take a look at me now,
But to wait for you,
well that's all I can do and that's what I've got to face
Take a good look at me now,
'cos I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
That's the chance I've got to take, oh, oho

Just take a look at me now

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 26 May 2010, 09:57

@ Kinga,

This song is so appropriate to what I'm feeling about Kimi :hug: thanks for that
The JINX

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 26 May 2010, 10:04

the song suit the situation right now.. and we know that kimi sometimes doing things against all odds... :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 26 May 2010, 10:46

brendakarli wrote:@ Kinga,

This song is so appropriate to what I'm feeling about Kimi :hug: thanks for that
That's what I'm feeling too. That's why I put it here. :)

Phil Collins is great! :)

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 26 May 2010, 13:10

Well the reason for this thread is to express what WE want Kimi to do..... at least that's what I understood.

Of course, in the end of the day, I want Kimi to do what he personally wants!!! :cool: that's the most important thing..

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 26 May 2010, 13:33

considering that WRC has been able to get as many as 11 votes its not a bad option as well. And taking in to the account that almost all of us are following WRC for the first time the numbers are not bad at all. Perhaps we can see this coming and are enjoying the probable chances of it to happen.

As far as F1 is concerned Its very very tricky situation for Kimi right now. No team would be able to commit anything upfront right now. What ever the possibilities are but it cant happen in July and nor can it happen in August. The reason i feel like this is that at this juncture teams would rather concentrate on their current season as things are heating up within their teams. Each of the top teams have their drivers slugging it out. So i feel theres no room for negotiations for seat atleast till August.

And I am sure Kimi does not want to delay it that long coz if he was to opt for WRC then he also needs to make sure that he is getting the drive in Citroen Junior team atleast if they are planning to run two teams.

I just pray that the offers of WRC and F1 coincide with each other as i dont want Kimi to wait for F1 related decision and Jeopardize his chance to run in fairly decent team at WRC.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 26 May 2010, 13:36

I voted WRC under the assumption that he won't be offered a Red Bull seat. However if he is offered a Red Bull seat I'd love to see him back in F1 with a fast team that treats it's drivers equally (ie Red Bull). Plus he'll most likely be with Vettel and I'm certain that he'll work really well with him.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 27 May 2010, 06:14

Want him to return at F1 but am 99% sure that it will be WRC next year.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 27 May 2010, 07:34

I love the World Rally Championship is more fun and more exciting Formula 1
Her only fault is not only transported directly

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 29 May 2010, 11:29

icemaid wrote:WRC & F1, yes I'm greedy! :lol: :lol:

If he can do only one then F1, cos I want him to have a proper exit from F1...
NOT how the red team had done. :<>:
:wave:

Yes please. F1 and WRC both.. :zz: