"The Other Side of Kimi Räikkönen"- Fan Thread

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Re: "The Other Side of Kimi Räikkönen"- Fan Thread

Post by KIMBO1 » 24 May 2010, 20:59

I agree it is a great place to be :) - on other forums I used to get very despondent and even feel the insults thrown at Kimi personnally as it seemed whatever he did got criticised which was totally unfair.

Now I know I can come here and really enjoy the company of like minded Kimi fans (who are the best) also catch up with the news and lovely pictures of him without the danger of being of being attacked by some Kimi hating individual which is really comforting - thank you :hug: .

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 24 May 2010, 21:44

lucian wrote: LadyR, your post gave me an idea for a new thread: how do we defend Kimi from all the haters. I'd make the thread myself but I know much less information than other fans because I didn't read all the translated articles especially in the last 2 years, so I wouldn't know what counter-arguments to find against the haters. The thread would have to address all reasons why he's being criticized and be very well documented.

If someone is very well documented, please make the thread, I believe it is more than necessary.
Lucian, if it becomes necessary then I will do it. I have archived somewhere all the engineers praises and explanations along with Domenicali telling how they argued constantly with Kimi about the chassis in 2008 which they returned to him for Spa - not before. Things like this.

But I get a rash if I hear 'beaten by Massa', 'eating ice cream', etc etc etc so it would have to be a good reason to go through those things.

In the earlier forum they didn't even read the arguments so in order to save energy I started to archive all the articles and just posted them one after another again and again but it was useless - they jumped over the articles with arguments and went on with their bashing comments - it was insane.

Now I feel for Massa since he is getting the same treatment. Kimi-fans had no problem with Massa, it was the other fans (not Massa-fans) who constantly threw it in our face and like Acropolis said - it goes round and round and round again without getting any depth, let alone lead anywhere. That was the problem, there was no discussion.

But it's different here :shhh:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 24 May 2010, 21:46

marrie17 wrote:
Acropolis wrote:@ ICEMAN1

You have been just great with these people...
I don't count myself in because I'm new and haven't gone thru what they've been thru...

But I have followed their problems and a totally impartial, hostile, even dictatorical behaviour against them as a guest without dearing to say a word....So THANKS!!!!!THIS IS A GREAT PLACE....
+1 :)
I have followed these wonderful people through their ups and downs from the previous forums. so, they really deserved the chance to be able to speak their mind freely and thanks to you Iceman1, and the moderators Kimi fans are reunited again! Thanks a lot! :hug:
Thank you Marrie and Acropolis, that was so sweet of you :hug:

sleenster
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sleenster » 24 May 2010, 21:50

lucian wrote:
LadyR wrote:
Maria d wrote:
Linda-Anne wrote:Hello Maria d. and welcome to our world. Its a great place here where we can all be ourselves amongst like minded people. Its pretty cool that we come from different countries but have so much in common.........Kimi :)
I hate it how on other forums people constantly attack Kimi but hey...... He has the biggest fanbase in motorsport so we cant all be wrong.

So pull up a seat and enjoy as you are very welcome here :hug:
thank you again this is a great place. :)
I can only agree, with you guys.
It already seemed to me, that here might be one of the very less places on the net, where Kimi and his fans aren't being bashing by other members... :)
I experienced a lot in that way and that's why this place here is so special. Full with great people! :)

PS: @everyone who wants to talk about Kimi. In this thread, it's not only about Kimi-pics, please feel free to post articles and other stuff, we can discuss about.... :wave:
LadyR, your post gave me an idea for a new thread: how do we defend Kimi from all the haters. I'd make the thread myself but I know much less information than other fans because I didn't read all the translated articles especially in the last 2 years, so I wouldn't know what counter-arguments to find against the haters. The thread would have to address all reasons why he's being criticized and be very well documented.

If someone is very well documented, please make the thread, I believe it is more than necessary.
Usually I just ignore the haters because most of them are just trolls anyway. :zz:

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 24 May 2010, 22:28

Wolfie wrote: Lucian, if it becomes necessary then I will do it. I have archived somewhere all the engineers praises and explanations along with Domenicali telling how they argued constantly with Kimi about the chassis in 2008 which they returned to him for Spa - not before. Things like this.

But I get a rash if I hear 'beaten by Massa', 'eating ice cream', etc etc etc so it would have to be a good reason to go through those things.

In the earlier forum they didn't even read the arguments so in order to save energy I started to archive all the articles and just posted them one after another again and again but it was useless - they jumped over the articles with arguments and went on with their bashing comments - it was insane.

Now I feel for Massa since he is getting the same treatment. Kimi-fans had no problem with Massa, it was the other fans (not Massa-fans) who constantly threw it in our face and like Acropolis said - it goes round and round and round again without getting any depth, let alone lead anywhere. That was the problem, there was no discussion.

I see it could just feed the trolls so I understand your concern. But I think of a workaround: just lock it for regular members and only moderators could add when something has to be added (of course it's impossible to address everything in just one post so there would have to be a few more). You would be a great moderator since you're very active here and have good manners.

If no such thread will be made, I'd like if you could send me other things that I didn't read, as they would help me deal with those anti-fans much better.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 25 May 2010, 10:21

Leijona wrote:Kimi the ice-hockey player

Kimi the ice-hockey fan

Kimi the rally-driver

Kimi the F1-star

Kimi the snowboarder

Kimi the snowmobile-driver

Kimi the gorilla :lol:

he definitely has many sides to himself :cool:
Great post! :)

Actually I've gathered all of Kimi's activities in my video for his 30th birthday last year. I didn't want to leave out anything, wanted to represent everything that can be important for him. Here you can watch it if you'd like to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVZyRDtaBYU

and :drool: at the Spa pics........... :blush:

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 25 May 2010, 11:56

o
Last edited by LadyR on 30 Mar 2011, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 25 May 2010, 11:57

^^ aww yes, he is too cute! :blush:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 May 2010, 12:54

You can see how cute, shy and innocent he was at those early days....
Then you could see how the press and politics became unbearable for him...
He became from :) to :( ...or :<>: .....
This year I think he was again :) and :zz:
I start to believe the RB option by July thing.....

And Kinga, I just love all your videos, I have seen them many times.....

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 25 May 2010, 14:12

My heart skips a beat when I see such beautiful pics of kimi. Thanks to all of you who've helped make this waiting game a little more bearable. Cheers !Great!
The JINX

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 May 2010, 17:00

lucian wrote:
Wolfie wrote: Lucian, if it becomes necessary then I will do it. I have archived somewhere all the engineers praises and explanations along with Domenicali telling how they argued constantly with Kimi about the chassis in 2008 which they returned to him for Spa - not before. Things like this.

I see it could just feed the trolls so I understand your concern. But I think of a workaround: just lock it for regular members and only moderators could add when something has to be added (of course it's impossible to address everything in just one post so there would have to be a few more). You would be a great moderator since you're very active here and have good manners.

If no such thread will be made, I'd like if you could send me other things that I didn't read, as they would help me deal with those anti-fans much better.
Hi Lucian :hug:

Be careful what you wish for... it might come true :zz:

As for the justifications and documents, I'll take a look and see if I can get them sent to you or put up a thread - which would be crucial if he goes back to F1 :fear:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 May 2010, 17:03

Guess what happened today on my way to the store :n

We have huge ads about Kimi and here are some pictures. In the first one the text says: Now offers are Icy :cool:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 25 May 2010, 17:04

Are you seen Kimi board front of DNA stores? I am seen in Sello and one other Citymarket.
I miss a babysitter

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 25 May 2010, 17:08

Moominpappa wrote:Are you seen Kimi board front of DNA stores? I am seen in Sello and one other Citymarket.
No, haven't seen it? Maybe I should go and ask them to save one for me once their campaign is over :zz:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 25 May 2010, 17:13

Oh guys....If he's so icy, then this is exactly what we need for our hot summer....
Can't you Finnish people let us have him? for a while perhaps....