2010 Turkish Grand Prix

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 Turkish Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 17 May 2010, 17:10

Mark Webber
25%
Sebastian Vettel
38%
Fernando Alonso
10%
Jenson Button
5%
Felipe Massa
11%
Lewis Hamilton
8%
Robert Kubica
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Michael Schumacher
No votes
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 61

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2010 Turkish Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 18 May 2010, 19:06

mikhailv wrote:Otherwise, Im looking forward to Mclaren vs Ferrari, as ferrari are massively overhauling their version of the F-duct, and apparently Im sure i heard on the BBC coverage that the Ferrari one works better than MC's, bar one handed drivingness!
I really don't believe that the developer of the F-Duct (McLaren) doesn't have an F-Duct as good as a follower (Ferrari)
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 19 May 2010, 06:52

JoostLamers wrote:
mikhailv wrote:Otherwise, Im looking forward to Mclaren vs Ferrari, as ferrari are massively overhauling their version of the F-duct, and apparently Im sure i heard on the BBC coverage that the Ferrari one works better than MC's, bar one handed drivingness!
I really don't believe that the developer of the F-Duct (McLaren) doesn't have an F-Duct as good as a follower (Ferrari)
I believe Ferrari can do it,Ferrari can make a better F-duct than Mclaren but my fears are red bull people can make Better than any one else. :fear:
Desire has no limits

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 19 May 2010, 09:27

I think it all depends on the tyres.

Bridgestone brought the two softest compounds twice this season, in Bahrain and in Monaco. In Bahrain Ferrari scored a 1-2 and in Monaco Fernando could have won, bar the accident.
But the Ferrari is only mediocre on the medium and hard compound.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 19 May 2010, 16:10

blizzard wrote:I think it all depends on the tyres.

Bridgestone brought the two softest compounds twice this season, in Bahrain and in Monaco. In Bahrain Ferrari scored a 1-2 and in Monaco Fernando could have won, bar the accident.
yup, fearri seem to do well in softer compunds but dont think they are faster than red bull on them as well. Massa particularly struggles on the harder compound tyres and this race will have the harder compound tyres.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 20 May 2010, 07:21

shailf1 wrote:
blizzard wrote:I think it all depends on the tyres.

yup, fearri seem to do well in softer compunds but dont think they are faster than red bull on them as well. Massa particularly struggles on the harder compound tyres and this race will have the harder compound tyres.
Ferrari are the one who really can give a fight to red bull but every race they have a bad luck or a team error with them.....Alonso has to be keen and not to make any mistake and massa has to keep up with Alonso !
Desire has no limits

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 May 2010, 12:29

Rubens' steering wheel still works perfectly despite having being run over by both Chandhok and Senna :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 21 May 2010, 16:58

I love this circuit, the layout is fantastic.

BUT - No spectators and dull surroundings make it a bit tame. I mean, Turn 8 is magnificent but a mile of run off makes it a fairly undaunting corner. Put a barrier relatively close and you have yourself a challenge

And for god sake plant some trees.

Putting this layout (corners, elevation changes included) in foresty Europe and you have yourself a brilliant track. Even if Turn 1 is a copy of the Senna S, it doesn't matter, it works.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 21 May 2010, 17:30

phil1993 wrote:I love this circuit, the layout is fantastic.

BUT - No spectators and dull surroundings make it a bit tame. I mean, Turn 8 is magnificent but a mile of run off makes it a fairly undaunting corner. Put a barrier relatively close and you have yourself a challenge

Putting this layout (corners, elevation changes included) in foresty Europe and you have yourself a brilliant track. Even if Turn 1 is a copy of the Senna S, it doesn't matter, it works.

Hmmm I agree with your view on things, but for safety reasons they would never put a barrier anywhere near turn 8. Would be Tamburello all over again...
But a proper gravel trap would do a job, a mistake would mean retirement, without a threat to the health of the driver.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 21 May 2010, 19:00

McLaren should be at its best in Turkey
Rubens Barrichello's spectacular accident in the Monaco Grand Prix was caused by a loose manhole cover striking his left rear wheel, his Williams team has revealed.

Barrichello was pitched into the barriers on the run up the hill out of Ste. Devote, badly damaging his Williams FW32 and leaving him facing backwards and stranded in the middle of the track.

The team conducted a detailed investigation of the wreck when the car was returned to the factory this week, and it was also alerted to the possibility that a loose manhole cover may have led to the accident.

Following that work, the team has concluded that the loose cover at Turn 2 lifted up when Barrichello ran over it and it struck his left rear wheel - causing the failure.

A statement issued by the team on Friday night said: "The car was badly damaged in the ensuing crash which ended Rubens' race. This incident has been reported to the FIA."

The Barrichello incident came shortly before a further safety car period caused by a loose drain cover at Turn 3.

The FIA will likely conduct its own investigation into the matter and could make recommendations to the Monaco Grand Prix organisers to improve the welding down of drain covers for next year's race.
De La Rosa looking for finish
Pedro de la Rosa says he is desperate to finish the Turkish Grand Prix after yet another retirement in the Monaco Grand Prix last weekend.

The Sauber driver has finished just one race so far this year, having retired with car failures in all the other five events.

The Spaniard, who is expecting his team to be more competitive in Istanbul than last weekend in Monte Carlo, says the main priority is to make it to the end of the race.

"I think Istanbul Park is a track where we should be able to regain the competitiveness we showed in Barcelona, therefore I'm very much looking forward to the Turkish Grand Prix," said de la Rosa.

"I like the circuit. The last time I raced there was in 2006 and I finished fifth. Again, I desperately want to finish a race."

Team-mate Kamui Kobayashi is also confident the team will return to its competitive form after the difficult Monaco weekend.

"We learned another lesson in the last race in Monaco," he said. "But before that in Barcelona we had a really positive feeling for the improvement of the car, and I hope we can carry on from there.

"Istanbul Park is a nice track and it should suit our car, especially because it has both high and medium speed corners. The slower parts in the last sector should not be too much of a disadvantage. We have to remain confident and work hard."

tristan1117
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tristan1117 » 21 May 2010, 22:57

I'm hoping for a good race. Another Tilke track that looks nice but mostly produces bad races. Hoping for rain but its unlikely. And De la Rosa is going to have a worse finishing record than Andrea de Crasheris.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 21 May 2010, 23:24

blizzard wrote:
phil1993 wrote:I love this circuit, the layout is fantastic.

Hmmm I agree with your view on things, but for safety reasons they would never put a barrier anywhere near turn 8. Would be Tamburello all over again...
But a proper gravel trap would do a job, a mistake would mean retirement, without a threat to the health of the driver.
Hmmm I agree with your view of things, but for Bernie's reasons they would never put anything anywhere near turn 8. Would make F1 interesting all over again...
But proper thought process would do the job, and ensure Bernie stays out of retirement, without a thread against the wealth of the F1 supremo.
Off-Topic: show
couldnt resist :n :rofl:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 22 May 2010, 16:08

Sorry about the music (not my video), but here's proof that this track can put on an awesome race, courtesy of L. Hamilton

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 23 May 2010, 16:39

F1fanatic wrote:The long-range weather forecast for next week’s Turkish Grand Prix suggests a dry weekend’s racing in prospect.

Temperatures are expected to be around 20 degrees on all three days with minimal chance of rain.

This is somewhat cooler temperatures than the race used to in its original late-summer place on the calendar. In 2008 the race was moved from August to May, meaning the race is held in less blazing temperatures than it used to be.

This has helped ease tyre wear concerns at one of the most punishing tracks on the calendar. Drivers will use the soft and hard compounds in this year’s race, the same which were used last year.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 24 May 2010, 00:53

I personally love the Turkish track. The layout is fantastic, especially with that diabolical turn 8 (which I have tons of fun with on rFactor). Plus, it was added to the calendar in 2005, the same year I started watching F1 so it's kind of 'my' race if you get what I mean...
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

Eric_Cartman
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Eric_Cartman » 24 May 2010, 11:58

phil1993 wrote:Sorry about the music (not my video), but here's proof that this track can put on an awesome race, courtesy of L. Hamilton

unbelievable race. :drool: A F1 race will never be as good as this one. Especially Glock vs. Hamilton is fascinating, wheel to wheel action over the half track. :thumbsup:
FC BAYERN 7 - BARCELONA 0