Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by kracer » 19 May 2010, 09:30

It seems a lot of us are resigning ourselves to Kimi not being able to go to RB in 2011. However, I still believe it is not a done deal so I'm still hoping.

1) Mateschitz owns RB so I think he can overturn Horner's decision if he really wants Kimi in the team.

2) If it is serious that Ferrari are offering Mark a seat, he just may grab it as a common dream of race car drivers is to drive for Ferrari so this just may be his dream come true.

3) Again, if Ferrari or any other team is interested in Mark especially if he continues to do good, what's to stop him from doing the unexpected and leave the team just like Jenson did last year where even Brawn and Fry were surprised with Jenson's sudden decision to move to Mclaren.

3)And lastly, as was mentioned already by Kinga, I think, I am sure the Robertsons are working already on Kimi's behalf if they haven't yet sealed a deal already that we don't know about.

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 19 May 2010, 09:37

Agree...

I still have a faith that kimi will return to F1... so finger crossed...

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 19 May 2010, 11:13

kracer wrote:It seems a lot of us are resigning ourselves to Kimi not being able to go to RB in 2011. However, I still believe it is not a done deal so I'm still hoping.

1) Mateschitz owns RB so I think he can overturn Horner's decision if he really wants Kimi in the team.

2) If it is serious that Ferrari are offering Mark a seat, he just may grab it as a common dream of race car drivers is to drive for Ferrari so this just may be his dream come true.

3) Again, if Ferrari or any other team is interested in Mark especially if he continues to do good, what's to stop him from doing the unexpected and leave the team just like Jenson did last year where even Brawn and Fry were surprised with Jenson's sudden decision to move to Mclaren.

3)And lastly, as was mentioned already by Kinga, I think, I am sure the Robertsons are working already on Kimi's behalf if they haven't yet sealed a deal already that we don't know about.
good post :shhh:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 May 2010, 11:34

Helmut Marko told this in APA's interview today:

Marko tells that the discussions about the current duo's continuance is under work but he reminds at the same time that Red Bull is in a very good position in negotiations.

- We don't have to go and knock on drivers' doors anymore, Marko said.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 19 May 2010, 13:46

wonder what that mean?

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 19 May 2010, 13:59

I'm just wondering IF (huge if) Kimi has any kind of pre-contract or agreement with RBR what would Horner and the others say in this situation about Webber :huh: Probably the same. They have to keep him motivated.
I don't say that they want Kimi more than Webber, actually I don't think that he's coming back. Just ''hmm''

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 19 May 2010, 14:03

Kriss wrote:I'm just wondering IF (huge if) Kimi has any kind of pre-contract or agreement with RBR
I dunno why I just feel that there IS a pre-contract or agreement... I could be very very wrong though. LOL

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 19 May 2010, 14:09

well for me, pre-contract or no pre-contract i still believe that kimi will return... :)

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 19 May 2010, 14:58

Vida wrote:well for me, pre-contract or no pre-contract i still believe that kimi will return... :)
For me it is (always has been) clear that he won't come back.The earlier speculation when Webber was in a poor form and now after 2 great races don't change a thing in how I see the whole picture.

P.S. All the parties need to be vague in their statements so that can keep a good position in negociations:
- RedBull to show Webber that they can have another driver instead of him (one just around the corner)
- Webber to show RedBull that he could be wanted by another top team (even if some rumors can not be confirmed)
- Kimi and Robertson don't say anything clear because they want to keep his "status" in negociations at least as it was in 2009 just in case something might come up (not only in F1). I'm preaty sure Kimi knows 99% what he's going to do next year, but he doesn't have to say it....could influence many things.

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 19 May 2010, 16:17

Vida wrote:well for me, pre-contract or no pre-contract i still believe that kimi will return... :)

Yep, I guess. I am believing that he`ll return. :wave:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 19 May 2010, 20:42

Kriss wrote:I'm just wondering IF (huge if) Kimi has any kind of pre-contract or agreement with RBR what would Horner and the others say in this situation about Webber :huh: Probably the same. They have to keep him motivated.
I don't say that they want Kimi more than Webber, actually I don't think that he's coming back. Just ''hmm''
I'm not sure i want him back in F1 but i also have the feeling that something is already cooked....

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 19 May 2010, 21:13

Kinga wrote:
Kriss wrote:I'm just wondering IF (huge if) Kimi has any kind of pre-contract or agreement with RBR
I dunno why I just feel that there IS a pre-contract or agreement... I could be very very wrong though. LOL
Kinga, Leo Turrini wrote right after it was public that Kimi goes to WRC that he has a contract with Red Bull for several years and will be in Red Bull in 2011.

Of course things might not be that way but Leo sounded really sure about it.

What an agony this season will offer again. We knew nothing last year either :<>:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 20 May 2010, 03:25

rko281 wrote:
SpaMaster wrote:Horner does not decide driver decisions in Red Bull. Helmut Marko does, and he advises Mateschitz, and a decision is taken together with Horner. If Red Bull is anywhere as intelligent as I think, they would not decide on a driver line-up just based on two races. Webber was pretty much absent for much of the middle-half last year. Hungary, Valencia, Spa, anyone? So, don't work yourself up too much because of 2 good races from Webber. After 4 races, Webber was trailing Vettel 28-45, and his performance was mocked even more than that of Massa.
Red bull would like to keep Mark Webber on board for the 2011 season.

"It is our desire to continue with Vettel and Webber," team owner Dietrich Mateschitz's motor sport adviser Dr Helmut Marko is quoted on Monday by Austria's APA news agency.

Marko indicated that Webber's run of top form has motivated Red Bull to keep him.

"It is important that both drivers are at a high level of performance, with each one pushing the other to excellence.

Marko acknowledged that the sort of form being shown by Webber could drive up his contract price.

"Of course, the management uses it for salary negotiations. But we know what he is worth to us."
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 8462&FS=F1
Nope. The bolded line reveals more than the underlined line. Marko has never been a big fan of Webber. His tone clearly suggests that 'we are not falling for his two good races, I know you guys would use it for salary hike, etc'. Not exactly a pleased man's words. 'It's our desire to continue ..' sounds empty. My feeling is there has already been some talks between Webber and Red Bull last year. 'His management wants more salary, but we know what is worth to us", that's quite a strong statement. Almost a stinging statement.

Of course, anything can happen. But, I don't believe for one moment that Red Bull would be foolish enough to extend Webber based on two back-to-back races. Webber has driven in F1 for many years. He has never looked anything more than above-average, has often been inconsistent, disappears completely off the radar many times. All these things won't change overnight. Marko knows that more than anyone else. Webber may very well retain his seat for next year. But it won't be because of these two races.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 20 May 2010, 08:21

SpaMaster wrote: Nope. The bolded line reveals more than the underlined line. Marko has never been a big fan of Webber. His tone clearly suggests that 'we are not falling for his two good races, I know you guys would use it for salary hike, etc'. Not exactly a pleased man's words. 'It's our desire to continue ..' sounds empty. My feeling is there has already been some talks between Webber and Red Bull last year. 'His management wants more salary, but we know what is worth to us", that's quite a strong statement. Almost a stinging statement.

Of course, anything can happen. But, I don't believe for one moment that Red Bull would be foolish enough to extend Webber based on two back-to-back races. Webber has driven in F1 for many years. He has never looked anything more than above-average, has often been inconsistent, disappears completely off the radar many times. All these things won't change overnight. Marko knows that more than anyone else. Webber may very well retain his seat for next year. But it won't be because of these two races.
Agree with your post 100%, especially with the bold part. Actually that was what I felt reading those words but didn't dare to say it because I thought that I feel it because I want to feel it being a Kimi fan who would like to see Kimi in RB in F1 from next year. :blush:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 20 May 2010, 12:49

Kinga wrote:
SpaMaster wrote: Nope. The bolded line reveals more than the underlined line. Marko has never been a big fan of Webber. His tone clearly suggests that 'we are not falling for his two good races, I know you guys would use it for salary hike, etc'. Not exactly a pleased man's words. 'It's our desire to continue ..' sounds empty. My feeling is there has already been some talks between Webber and Red Bull last year. 'His management wants more salary, but we know what is worth to us", that's quite a strong statement. Almost a stinging statement.

Agree with your post 100%, especially with the bold part. Actually that was what I felt reading those words but didn't dare to say it because I thought that I feel it because I want to feel it being a Kimi fan who would like to see Kimi in RB in F1 from next year. :blush:
+1