Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by Kinga » 17 May 2010, 11:33

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Thinking about it...I am actually happy with Kimi at the WRC IF it was his decision you know.
I meanaaa if he really already made up his mind to stay at the Rally thingy and isn´t forced now to do so because the RB option is gone. :)

People you know he will rock the Rally world soon :shhh: Just some patience is needed :)

And he will get a good seat next year. I meanaaa if Citroen doesn´t want to continue with him there is still Ford...and he is a better option than Wilson :cool:
Haha you want to calm yourself down, don't you? :n

You would be as sad as I would be if there wasn't any option left for Kimi in F1.

Kimi won't rock the WRC world. In this I'm pessimistic (or realistic). Sorry Kimi and sorry all the people who believe in Kimi could be a WRC champion too. Prove me wrong and I will be the happiest person on Earth.

Ford might be an option but I think Wilson is there because we know who he is... Also Loeb is still there, results won't chage until he decides to retire, then would come Ogier. I think he is the next Loeb. So, doors are closed for Kimi in WRC IMO.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 17 May 2010, 11:37

saif wrote:
apple wrote:Now I read from TS that despite Webbers recent success there is no rush to deside the driver, and in this light Webbers form really seems to be for the driver markets, as Dietrich Mateschitz and Helmut Marko arent so keen to deside the driver just yet. TS refers to July as the desicion month.
Also Mark Webber has found something new from the car with his engineer and rumours tell that he isnt that good team mate anymore as the information doesnt go to the other side of the garage. From car developing point of view this isnt considered to be good thing.

It looks like as Red Bull starts to success the game goes tougher in the team.. ''hmm''

where on TS :blink: , i couldn't find it :fear: ... Can u please give me the link? :)
http://www.ts.fi/f1/kolumnit

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 17 May 2010, 11:39

Kinga wrote:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Thinking about it...I am actually happy with Kimi at the WRC IF it was his decision you know.
I meanaaa if he really already made up his mind to stay at the Rally thingy and isn´t forced now to do so because the RB option is gone. :)

People you know he will rock the Rally world soon :shhh: Just some patience is needed :)

And he will get a good seat next year. I meanaaa if Citroen doesn´t want to continue with him there is still Ford...and he is a better option than Wilson :cool:
Haha you want to calm yourself down, don't you? :n

You would be as sad as I would be if there wasn't any option left for Kimi in F1.

Kimi won't rock the WRC world. In this I'm pessimistic (or realistic). Sorry Kimi and sorry all the people who believe in Kimi could be a WRC champion too. Prove me wrong and I will be the happiest person on Earth.

Ford might be an option but I think Wilson is there because we know who he is... Also Loeb is still there, results won't chage until he decides to retire, then would come Ogier. I think he is the next Loeb. So, doors are closed for Kimi in WRC IMO.
I agree. Obviously if Kimi's decision is to stay in WRC then good for him because he's doing what he wants to. But I just miss seeing Kimi fighting at the front of races, for wins and for good points. And what you say in your post, Kinga, shows that it will be a LONG time before it happens for him in WRC, if it happens at all. I keep thinking, surely Kimi will start to miss the thrill of winning races and being on the podium? He is more likely to get that sooner in F1 than he is in WRC IMO. :)

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 17 May 2010, 11:40

apple wrote:
saif wrote:
apple wrote:Now I read from TS that despite Webbers recent success there is no rush to deside the driver, and in this light Webbers form really seems to be for the driver markets, as Dietrich Mateschitz and Helmut Marko arent so keen to deside the driver just yet. TS refers to July as the desicion month.
Also Mark Webber has found something new from the car with his engineer and rumours tell that he isnt that good team mate anymore as the information doesnt go to the other side of the garage. From car developing point of view this isnt considered to be good thing.

It looks like as Red Bull starts to success the game goes tougher in the team.. ''hmm''

where on TS :blink: , i couldn't find it :fear: ... Can u please give me the link? :)
http://www.ts.fi/f1/kolumnit
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 17 May 2010, 11:46

ish678 wrote: I agree. Obviously if Kimi's decision is to stay in WRC then good for him because he's doing what he wants to. But I just miss seeing Kimi fighting at the front of races, for wins and for good points. And what you say in your post, Kinga, shows that it will be a LONG time before it happens for him in WRC, if it happens at all. I keep thinking, surely Kimi will start to miss the thrill of winning races and being on the podium? He is more likely to get that sooner in F1 than he is in WRC IMO. :)
That's what I hope that he would miss the thrill of winning races and being on the podium. He said it all the time that he's there in a race or in a championship to win races not just to drive around! Now it's a learning year or a sabbatical from the real profession, the real chance is in F1 STILL! I hope that Kimi will see that, he's smart enough to realise what's the situation in WRC. :pray:

He can enjoy himself freely now but he's born to race, to win, it's in his blood, so I hope he will miss the smell of a win soon!

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 17 May 2010, 11:47

I tend to agree with ish and Kinga regarding Kimi becoming a WDC in WRC. Of course I would like him to achieve that ("think of the worst but hope for the best") however I think that he started a bit too late.

If he had done rally from the very beginning of his career then I really believe he would be in the same league as Loeb and Mikko but it might be too late with age catching up with him.

I would like to believe that he still has a slight chance of going back to F1 next season if Mark gets a much better offer elsewhere (like Ferrari).

Until there is an official announcement, I will continue to hope.

In the end, I've already said this countless times, I hope Kimi just ends up where he is happiest and that we can continue to follow his career... :pray:

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 17 May 2010, 12:01

@kracer
I think you wrap up the storey in the best way!!!!
I agree 100% with you!

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 17 May 2010, 12:20

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 17 May 2010, 12:27

Kinga: No I don´t just say that to calm myself down.

You know that following his rallys gives me the same feeling as following his doings at F1...i am a nervous wrack. :lol: the only thing which makes me mad about rally is this crappy coverage :roll::

About Kimi´s chances...he will fight for podiums one day! Not this year that´s for sure but maybe already next year. I looked at some times Ogier did last year. And he was way behind Loeb as well...and look where he is now! This doesn´t mean that Kimi has to develope the same way Sebbie O. did but it´s possible. And Kimi still has soo much room to improve. At some stages he already did some great times although not pushing to the limit (as he himself said)...and he isn´t 100% happy with the car and his driving style yet and still can imrpove his pacenotes. There is still soo much to come. Maybe he won´t become WRC champion but who says that he will get the F1 trophy again?

And who says that he will fight for podiums at F1? Who says that we don´t have to go through the same BS as in 2008 (after the spain gp) and the first half of last year?? who says that he won´t get beaten by Sebbie??
TBH the last 2 years of F1 haven´t been that joyful anymore for me...no matter what he did he was bashed heavily. At Rally he can live in peace.

Of course I´d have prefered him to go to RB!! But that chance is gone now...I just hope that it was really his decision and he was not forced into it.

it´s not that he got many wins and podiums the last few years at F1.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 17 May 2010, 12:31

All I want to say ... Never lose hope ... Don't ever give up .
The truth might take a while to sink in but it will eventually.( so there is no need to worry about things in advance :) )

Ok just to be positive ... When did kimi sign his 2007 Ferrari contract ? Before 2006 season ?
am sure robertsons would hav done some sorta watertight contract somewhere to secure his future :)

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 17 May 2010, 12:34

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Maybe he won´t become WRC champion but who says that he will get the F1 trophy again?

And who says that he will fight for podiums at F1? Who says that we don´t have to go through the same BS as in 2008 (after the spain gp) and the first half of last year?? who says that he won´t get beaten by Sebbie??
TBH the last 2 years of F1 haven´t been that joyful anymore for me...no matter what he did he was bashed heavily. At Rally he can live in peace.
I agree! :hug:
realms wrote: am sure robertsons would hav done some sorta watertight contract somewhere to secure his future :)
+ 10000 :pray:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 17 May 2010, 12:38

Kriss wrote:Little help please :hug:

http://blogit.mtv3.fi/pitstop/
Saari just thought that RedBull has now the perfect team so there is no reason to change drivers. His mind there is full harmony - almost magical touch - between drivers. Saari don't believe rumors that Webber and Massa could change teams. He told also that Webber is not lead championship before and he is like Teemu Selänne, both get success in old days.

Nothing special there in my mind :blush:
I miss a babysitter

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 17 May 2010, 12:41

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote: About Kimi´s chances...he will fight for podiums one day! Not this year that´s for sure but maybe already next year. I looked at some times Ogier did last year. And he was way behind Loeb as well...and look where he is now! This doesn´t mean that Kimi has to develope the same way Sebbie O. did but it´s possible. And Kimi still has soo much room to improve. At some stages he already did some great times although not pushing to the limit (as he himself said)...and he isn´t 100% happy with the car and his driving style yet and still can imrpove his pacenotes. There is still soo much to come. Maybe he won´t become WRC champion but who says that he will get the F1 trophy again?
Good point from you :thumbsup: I believe that Kimi will improve much as rally driver, he has potential. He is shown the talent that I am not seen before. (Senna maybe, even I didn't like him 80's and 90's) I hope that he will go to finish in Bulgaria.
I miss a babysitter

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 17 May 2010, 12:49

the only thing I'm really happy about that I don't have to worry alone (like last year) and I'm very grateful for that for all of you :hug: :hug:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 17 May 2010, 12:54

Kriss wrote:the only thing I'm really happy about that I don't have to worry alone (like last year) and I'm very grateful for that for all of you :hug: :hug:
Off-Topic: show
egy csónakban evezünk... engem mondjuk nem nagyon vígasztal... de ez van, ezt kell szeretni