The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 15 May 2010, 20:17

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:TBH I am tired of this Ferrari ranting. Yes I am happy when they get a bad result and pissed when they win but well...all this bashing isn´t any better than the one Kimi got last year.

I don´t like the image of embittered Kimi fans :confused:
Maybe it gives some of us some kind of consolation to see that the same happens again only this time it's Massa's turn. Haven't we heard more than enough all the Kimi-bashing that usually started 'I like Kimi but....' and all the topics like:

Is Kimi autistic?
Kimi is overpaid
Kimi is overrated
Kimi is lazy
WTF is wrong with Kimi
Kimi should get sacked
Kimi is lazy and a drunk
Kimi is a mediocre driver
Ferrari would be better off without Kimi
etc etc etc

So in that light I do feel for Massa now that he gets comments like: Massa is so classless, he used his tyres as excuses but he is just a bad driver etc etc.

I'm not happy to read the Massa-bashing on forums since it's like a deja vu from the last two years - the name only changed - so I can feel empathy for the Massa-fans since I know exactly how it feels myself as do many others too.

It's only a blessing that Kimi isn't in Ferrari and it's not so much bitterness, it's more like watching the same happening again and thinking at the same time how the 'justifications' suddenly have no grounds anymore.

I mean... Kimi was all about making poor excuses for his poor performances. Blaming everybody else but himself. Just being c**p. Crashing all the time. Unforgivable.

And I just can't respect Alonso for some of his actions both on and off track. That's why I'm a Kimi-fan. I'm all for fairness and honesty. Fair sportsmanship. Respecting your team mate and respecting your contenders.

So I really don't mind that much that Alonso took his seat. Honestly. And I'm so happy that the c**p-reporters don't have a chance to say anything anymore.

It made me almost cry when reading after rally Sweden how Citroen guarded Kimi because they said that Kimi has been treated so badly by reporters that he needs time to find out that the rally reporters are completely different. :(
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 15 May 2010, 20:26

I hope I didn't miss any posts , Its the Alonso support that puts people off ( much like we kimi fans ). . . But in Alonso's case it's the so called experts who portrays him as ' the complete driver ' ... That's not quite bearable ... Even th Ferrari tweet got quiet when he crashed ...

As for webber I think he has had enough of f1 ... Like his twitter handle , I think it's the aussie grit we r seeing now .
He has had formula1 and either way this year he might not see a point staying on . He got the best car and if he can't beat a young driver like vettel , no point staying on ... If he does beat him , what is the point continuing next year.

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 15 May 2010, 20:28

Nikki I agee with you that the Kimi bashing was over the top...it wasn´t about his performance on track anymore...they just couldn´t stand him (the italian press) and criticized everything he did.

Flippi is damn slow at the moment so he derserves to be criticized. I don´t think that it´s bashing people do to him. But Fairnando got criticized today as well as he wasn´t delivering...that´s the game. :)
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 15 May 2010, 20:30

realms wrote:I hope I didn't miss any posts , Its the Alonso support that puts people off ( much like we kimi fans ). . . But in Alonso's case it's the so called experts who portrays him as ' the complete driver ' ... That's not quite bearable ... Even th Ferrari tweet got quiet when he crashed ...

As for webber I think he has had enough of f1 ... Like his twitter handle , I think it's the aussie grit we r seeing now .
He has had formula1 and either way this year he might not see a point staying on . He got the best car and if he can't beat a young driver like vettel , no point staying on ... If he does beat him , what is the point continuing next year.
Like your thoughts!! :)
Not sure about Webbo!! Haven´t pottered that much at him so I dunno what he might want to do after this year.
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 May 2010, 20:41

realms wrote:I hope I didn't miss any posts , Its the Alonso support that puts people off ( much like we kimi fans ). . . But in Alonso's case it's the so called experts who portrays him as ' the complete driver ' ... That's not quite bearable ... Even th Ferrari tweet got quiet when he crashed ...

That's my thinking as well. He would be 35 this August. I have a feeling he is contemplating retirement. I think Red Bull already talked to Webber last year about the chances of replacing him, and that probably made Webber make some decisions about his future.

PS: It is one thing to talk about Ferrari on issues that are directly related to Kimi. But, I don't think it fits wells to talk about Ferrari in this thread on issues that have no direct relation to Kimi. I think it reflects badly on this thread for the outsiders. It would be okay if it is a full Kimi forum, fan-managed or official. Just think about it.
Last edited by SpaMaster on 15 May 2010, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 May 2010, 20:48

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Nikki I agee with you that the Kimi bashing was over the top...it wasn´t about his performance on track anymore...they just couldn´t stand him (the italian press) and criticized everything he did.

Flippi is damn slow at the moment so he derserves to be criticized. I don´t think that it´s bashing people do to him. But Fairnando got criticized today as well as he wasn´t delivering...that´s the game. :)
But telemetry show that Flippi's tyres warm up slowly, yet he is called a crappy driver but nobody mentions how Alonso has won by luck - there's no way he would have won hadn't he been gifted the victory by others - he has messed up starts, crashed into Schumi in the first corner, told the staff that there's time enough left in quali and they started from the back of the grid, now he crashes in practice on a track that he should know better. Remember when Kimi crashed into Sutil in Monaco -08? There was no end to the bashing back then.

So Flippi doesn't deserve to be critisised IMO. It was strange wasn't it how Kimi was leading the championship in Barcelona 08 but after that they made changes into the car so it suited Massa's driving style and we still hear about Massa beating Kimi.

Then again when Schumi beat Rosberg they said that it's not Schumi, they made the car suit Schumi better - Different driver, different explanation.

Imagine if Kimi had crashed today. The headlines would be horrible to read, the topics about it would be endless and so on. I don't think Alonso will ever get that much bashing.

Sorry, I might go on strong about this but something happened today in another place that made me feel once again that even critisism toward Mr. Alonso is seen as bashing and is not tolerated.

But Claudie, I have a plan... I will e-mail you later about it :n

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 15 May 2010, 20:51

Wolfie wrote:
Is Kimi autistic?
Kimi is overpaid
Kimi is overrated
Kimi is lazy
WTF is wrong with Kimi
Kimi should get sacked
Kimi is lazy and a drunk
Kimi is a mediocre driver
Ferrari would be better off without Kimi
etc etc etc

Well, after looking at all this questions, I have to say, that I think, that only people, in that case reporters, who aren't able to understand someone like Kimi, a man, who belongs to the very less people in this world, who still have their own personality, could such a kind of c**p, although they don't have any authority for that. It's just sad. If they don't understand, they should better shut up, instead of offending!!! :( :(

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 15 May 2010, 20:52

I think it's time for being back offtopic ... What do u people drink ... U know fav drink ?

It's so bizarre ... Th fact that kimi hasn't been found partying ... Mr Mallya got the Indian Empress and I believe ' Force India ' there ... nd his parties are quite well known ...
And redbull's energy station ... Can't believe kimi would want to give it all a miss

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 15 May 2010, 20:57

SpaMaster wrote: Oh, of course, except for very few people nobody inside Ferrari appreciates Kimi. Otherwise, he would not have been replaced. I meant the "can't set up the car properly" part. It is Ferrari's way of upping how good their car was. Never mind Massa qualified at P5 while Kimi qualified at P2 with a difference of 0.5 s. And, Kimi missed the pole only because he made a mistake. In Q2 he was again 0.5 s faster than Massa. Car, sure!
At Ferrari is not about simply who likes who,or even who's appreciated. There's lots of politics. Kimi had and probably still has supporters there, but in the end he got caught in the crossfire. Now it's probably Massa's turn.
The can't set up the car properly was a lame excuse to explain why they needed Alonso instead of Kimi. It came from the bosses not from those who actually worked with him.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 15 May 2010, 21:03

Okay, I'm done with my venting, should not have gone to Atlas to read what they write about Massa, that set me off big time - and the thing that Kimi is in Monaco now - bless him for not driving in F1 this year :pray:

My apologies to those who might feel offended. Just a venting, nothing more :blush:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 15 May 2010, 21:06

realms wrote:I think it's time for being back offtopic ... What do u people drink ... U know fav drink ?

It's so bizarre ... Th fact that kimi hasn't been found partying ... Mr Mallya got the Indian Empress and I believe ' Force India ' there ... nd his parties are quite well known ...
And redbull's energy station ... Can't believe kimi would want to give it all a miss
Well, he didn't . He had fun with his friends in Monaco, and today he has a party on his ship. No drunken pics yet, he seemed to be low key until now. Even journos couldn't catch him, just reported that they saw him in town
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 15 May 2010, 21:11

beefree88 wrote:
SpaMaster wrote: Oh, of course, except for very few people nobody inside Ferrari appreciates Kimi. Otherwise, he would not have been replaced. I meant the "can't set up the car properly" part. It is Ferrari's way of upping how good their car was. Never mind Massa qualified at P5 while Kimi qualified at P2 with a difference of 0.5 s. And, Kimi missed the pole only because he made a mistake. In Q2 he was again 0.5 s faster than Massa. Car, sure!
At Ferrari is not about simply who likes who,or even who's appreciated. There's lots of politics. Kimi had and probably still has supporters there, but in the end he got caught in the crossfire. Now it's probably Massa's turn.
The can't set up the car properly was a lame excuse to explain why they needed Alonso instead of Kimi. It came from the bosses not from those who actually worked with him.
My point exactly!

I don't know if any of you have read this. Tania at Kimi forum posted this.
Just two little news about Kimi:
- Yesterday on Sky Sport (Italy) a reporter told that to prepare this weekend at the best, Alonso asked the team for last year Kimi's data for his setup (now we better understand because he said "we know that here, having the right set-up can make more of a difference than pure aerodynamic downforce and we already have a good baseline, given that last year, Kimi nearly took pole with a car that was far off the F10 in terms of its potential").

- On another forum, someone who was in Montecarlo and near Kimi's yacht told that Kimi came to ask him the rummy cards. Then, Kimi came back on his yacht and stayed there to play with his friends.
Alonso wanting Kimi's set-up! :80:
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 15 May 2010, 21:16

Wolfie wrote:Okay, I'm done with my venting, should not have gone to Atlas to read what they write about Massa, that set me off big time - and the thing that Kimi is in Monaco now - bless him for not driving in F1 this year :pray:

My apologies to those who might feel offended. Just a venting, nothing more :blush:
I hear you. Makes me wonder how Kimi's story would continue should he come back to F1. I'd love to see him win and show his critics his real worth, but when he was there, they teared him apart . Would that change if he gets back? Do I wish that on him?

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 15 May 2010, 21:17

Wolfie wrote:Okay, I'm done with my venting, should not have gone to Atlas to read what they write about Massa, that set me off big time - and the thing that Kimi is in Monaco now - bless him for not driving in F1 this year :pray:

I don't think anyone should be offended... We all know why we are here....It's ok to vent a few times....
And if you go to the very truth you cannot call this bashing compared to what happened to Raikkonen. There were times he couldn't even breath and it was wrong.... come on guys...let's not be so politically correct.We must let our feelings out....and nobody really said anything so bad...
Again Kimi sets everybody on fire even if he does't drive....KIMI ON PARAS!!!!!

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 15 May 2010, 21:19

SpaMaster wrote:
I don't know if any of you have read this. Tania at Kimi forum posted this.
Just two little news about Kimi:
- Yesterday on Sky Sport (Italy) a reporter told that to prepare this weekend at the best, Alonso asked the team for last year Kimi's data for his setup (now we better understand because he said "we know that here, having the right set-up can make more of a difference than pure aerodynamic downforce and we already have a good baseline, given that last year, Kimi nearly took pole with a car that was far off the F10 in terms of its potential").

- On another forum, someone who was in Montecarlo and near Kimi's yacht told that Kimi came to ask him the rummy cards. Then, Kimi came back on his yacht and stayed there to play with his friends.
Alonso wanting Kimi's set-up! :80:
Yep, I read that!

That's odd!

Obviously Mr. "Super-Duper" is unable to make his own setup! :<>: