Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next season?

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Speculation-thread: Will Kimi be in WRC or F1 next seaso

Post by ish678 » 11 May 2010, 23:24

I also don't think there will be many pictures of him in Monaco where I'm guessing he'll be trying to be discreet and avoid the cameras :) But we might get some info from commentators and pundits etc if he is seen wandering around the paddock or anywhere. Like when they were talking about when the Robertsons were seen going in to the Brawn garage last year and the press were trying to read something into that.

That is unless Kimi never leaves his yacht for the entire weekend :lol:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 12 May 2010, 11:46

I expect Kimi to be in WRC next year, he's getting better and better and he'll be very strong next year. If he does return to F1 I expet it will be later (2013 onwards) as I think he is dedicated for now on WRC.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 May 2010, 12:25

cformula1 wrote:I expect Kimi to be in WRC next year, he's getting better and better and he'll be very strong next year. If he does return to F1 I expet it will be later (2013 onwards) as I think he is dedicated for now on WRC.
Wish the season 2011 would start already since if Kimi isn't in F1 then I think we will never see him there again. It's rally and only rally after that.

I do hope that he gets pissed in Monaco and puts on a show for the F1-reporters though. Nobody can shut him up this time. No Colajanni with his tape recorder or angry looks - he is free to speak up his mind :lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 12 May 2010, 12:31

Can you imagine all this "new freedom" era to give him the will to speak up.....or to laugh around and have fun showing such a different character than the sad ferrari face of last year... :( :( he looked to me like that... let's see..

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 12 May 2010, 20:49

Lets hope he really enjoys his time in Monaco now he is a free man (no corporate team press guys trying to control him). Its so lovely to see the light back in his eyes and his ready smile.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 14 May 2010, 15:22

It's going to be a funny summer with full of speculations :zz:
Rumours link Webber with Ferrari switch

At least three media sources are claiming Mark Webber is a contender to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari next year.

Britain's The Sun, the Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, and British journalist James Allen all reported the rumour from the scene of this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

It is already rumoured that Robert Kubica is another contender to replace struggling Brazilian Massa, whose current teammate Fernando Alonso is under long-term contract.

The Sun also said Webber, 33, could retire if he is not retained by Red Bull in 2011 and is unable to find another top drive.

Kimi Raikkonen has been linked with Webber's seat at the energy drink-owned team, and the newspaper said "the pieces of the puzzle" could be in place by July.

El Mundo, meanwhile, raised the possibility that Massa could simply swap seats with Webber and race alongside Sebastian Vettel next year.
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=367946&FS=F1

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 14 May 2010, 15:36

Kriss wrote:It's going to be a funny summer with full of speculations :zz:
Rumours link Webber with Ferrari switch

At least three media sources are claiming Mark Webber is a contender to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari next year.

Britain's The Sun, the Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo, and British journalist James Allen all reported the rumour from the scene of this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

It is already rumoured that Robert Kubica is another contender to replace struggling Brazilian Massa, whose current teammate Fernando Alonso is under long-term contract.

The Sun also said Webber, 33, could retire if he is not retained by Red Bull in 2011 and is unable to find another top drive.

Kimi Raikkonen has been linked with Webber's seat at the energy drink-owned team, and the newspaper said "the pieces of the puzzle" could be in place by July.

El Mundo, meanwhile, raised the possibility that Massa could simply swap seats with Webber and race alongside Sebastian Vettel next year.
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=367946&FS=F1
July aint that far..
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 16 May 2010, 15:32

Rumour coming out of Monaco is that Red Bull racing has already re-sign Webber.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 16 May 2010, 15:35

icemaid wrote:Rumour coming out of Monaco is that Red Bull racing has already re-sign Webber.
Good for him..

Go Kimi Go...and create history in WRC.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 16 May 2010, 15:38

icemaid wrote:Rumour coming out of Monaco is that Red Bull racing has already re-sign Webber.
Source of this rumour is?

Damn my hope of kimi returning fades away more and more :fear:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

saif
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by saif » 16 May 2010, 15:40

On BBC: DC just said Kimi Raikkonen watched the grand prix today, and suggested it could be indicating that he wants to come back to F1
Whats the purpose of life? Is Life Just A Game? Find out the answers: http://www.OneReason.org/

http://www.twitter.com/saifsultan

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 16 May 2010, 15:41

many speculation lately... honestly i want him back... and hopefully it will come true..

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 16 May 2010, 15:47

saif wrote:On BBC: DC just said Kimi Raikkonen watched the grand prix today, and suggested it could be indicating that he wants to come back to F1
Poor Kimi ! He can't even watch a race he's attending for charity reasons without some people suggesting he has a hidden agenda.
If he'd want to come back this would have been a good opportunity to show himself and test the waters. He did neither
Last edited by beefree88 on 16 May 2010, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 16 May 2010, 15:48

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:

No source...someone mentioned a commentator said during the race.
I hope the rumour is false.
I really want Kimi back in F1 after watching Monaco GP, he should be racing there!!!

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 16 May 2010, 17:08

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:

+1