The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Moominpappa » 09 May 2010, 19:46

Hmm. :zz:
I miss a babysitter

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 09 May 2010, 20:08

Moominpappa wrote:Hmm. :zz:

Uhh....I really love that one. Thx! :)
One of the best pics of the Raikonen/Massa era! :lol:

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 09 May 2010, 23:35

oh my did I open up old wounds....
Off-Topic: show
yes kinga & rko,

this is what I mean, they should not compare between drivers of different eras. Different support structure, equipment, team members etc. It's hardly fair. I also believe Massa has completely shut down and is taking a lot of heat becos he was the guy who was supposed to have been kicked out for Alonso but his accident made ferrari kick kimi out instead to make them appear more politically correct. I am sure they've put a gag order on Massa and put him under tremendous pressure cos he's become a docile mute all of a sudden (unlike when he was kimi's teammate, he was so brash and bold to make "I'm no. 1 claims"). When inconsistency of character is detected, you know there's something brewing... :1st: to :80: in a matter of a change in teammates...

My love for kimi is on a diff class/level than the other drivers but I also feel for them every time something bad happens when they were doing well and did not deserve such a result - like what happened to Hammy & Vettel yesterday. They are both great competitors and young, bound to make mistakes on and off track, so we have to give them time to grow into their own. Notice at the press conference that Fonzi was so subdued...he's grown a lot more PR-savvy IMO
The JINX

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by lucian » 10 May 2010, 21:55

Brown Eyed Girls - Abracadabra

^ You must see it if you're a guy :lol:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 11 May 2010, 04:56

@ wolfie

can you share the story which suggests that there is a rift between massa and alonso. The one which you had posted in previous forum.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

f194girl
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by f194girl » 11 May 2010, 05:09

Hello,
any news about Kimi attending the Monaco GP?

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 May 2010, 08:52

luieluv wrote:@ wolfie

can you share the story which suggests that there is a rift between massa and alonso. The one which you had posted in previous forum.
Hi Luie, maybe you meant this one from Italian Tifoso? He has written other things too:
There is this guy, Italian tifoso, who claims he has some inside information from Ferrari. This is quite interesting:

Sorry to say this guys, but unfortunately all is not well at Ferrari.
Before the attacks on what i am about to post, let me say this. The information presented here is from the same source who informed of Kimi's move to Ferrari, Luca moving Michael aside for Kimi, and Alonso's move to Ferrari all well before it become common knowledge. Don't ask me to provide contact names, either take it as valid information or don't.

Here it goes;

Unfortunately there is already growing angst between Alonso and Massa. Forget the charade we see publicly between the two of them or what the team has been communicating. The course of events are as follows;

Bahrain GP
- Alonso was having problems with his setup and Massa didn't want to share any tech info
- Alonso then used the "But i am number 1" card but not as direct as that
- Massa's response was to say "then you should be able to manage by yourself"

This was the beginning of the problem, It was resolved by Domenicali and Luca that both of them will share all technical and setup information and this was communicated to them both.

Australian GP
- Roles were reversed
- Massa had issues during practice
- Alonso simply stated that for whatever reason he was not having issues but his side of the garage didn't relay any useful info to Massa
- This is when things really deteriorated
- Each of Massa's and Alonso's engineers were waring with each other
- Massa's was angry because they said there was an agreement to share all info
- Alonso's was angry because they said they were disadvantaged in Bahrain so why should they give assistance to Massa
- The post race debrief was a very heated one
- Effectively we now have two teams within Ferrari, Team Massa and Team Alonso

Alonso has since called Luca to air his concerns in a very heated way.

Massa sees' Ferrari as his team and knows Alonso expects to be treated as number one, so Massa is not going to give him any easy goals by sharing info as it is his career on the line if Alonso destroys him on track.

Alonso expected to be a lot faster than Massa, apparently massa's performance in bahrain, particularly in setting up the car spooked him a little bit as he realised he will not be easy to beat.

This could be 2007 revisited, only this time in Ferrari instead of McLaren. Time will tell if Ferrari can manage this better.

For all the comments from the drivers about driving FOR Ferrari, they are not behaving that way. Alonso has to be careful, because if this behaviour destroys the team morale and he is pushed out of the team (unlikely) he will have no where else to go. He will be seen as a "team wrecker" if he is not number 1 and at the moment there is no room for number one drivers in any of the top teams. After Ferrari there will be nothing else for him.

Massa knows this, he also knows that he has to at least equal Alonso to be treated as an equal number 1 in the team, but sharing info wont do him any favours on the track only in the garage, but it is on the track where he will be measured.

Pains me to say all of this, although it was expected to some degree, i did not believe it would unravel so quickly, lets just hope it settles down quickly and doesn't derail the championship push.

Out of all the top 4 teams, there is a level of tension between all the drivers, maybe this is totally normal, they all see themselves as championship contenders, they are F1 drivers, so they are all selfish. The only team where this is less of an issue is at Merc, the car is not up to speed so they need to work together to get it there and Michael needs some help from Rosberg to get up to speed also so he is working very well with Rosberg.
Lets just say it was not a move a team mate who was getting along perfectly with their fellow driver would usually do.

Personally, i am glad he did it as Massa would have held Alonso up as he has done in previous races had he pitted first.

Ferrari openly speaking about Massa's contract is a neat little ploy to keep Massa under control, and Massa has to play the game. Don't expect Massa to stay at Ferrari after this year unless he adopts a more passive role within the team; meaning accepting that Alonso is number 1.

To be clear, i am not a Massa or Alonso supporter, i want the best arrangement to allow Ferrari to fight for both titles. For this reason Ferrari need Massa and Massa needs Ferrari also but only if he is willing to take a back seat. If there are going to be fireworks between the drivers because you cant get them to agree on a ranking within the team then you may as well have the best two drivers available to you in 2011 and for me it is not Massa and Alonso but rather Kubica and Alonso.

This is already being discussed and Massa knows it. Either he tows the line or he is gone and he knows it.

Expect prolonged contract talk for Massa as the team try to manage him. Again, i am not saying Massa is in the wrong, but laptimes don't lie, he is not as quick as Alonso so therefore Massa can never be right.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 11 May 2010, 10:19

not much said about Kimi so far... :zz:
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 11 May 2010, 12:42

I hope we see him in the red bull garage in monaco :pray: this may set tongues wagging :zz:
The JINX

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 11 May 2010, 16:48

I'm alive!!!!! :wave:
thanks for the good luck wishes guys, they worked! I survived my thesis presentation and defense and now it's officialy DONE! couldn't be happier :)
watched the F1 race on Sunday, and have to say that it was very boring. even my father took a nap while watching it....

love the new Kimi DNA ad :lol: how many are there!!!

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 11 May 2010, 17:48

Leijona wrote:I'm alive!!!!! :wave:
thanks for the good luck wishes guys, they worked! I survived my thesis presentation and defense and now it's officialy DONE! couldn't be happier :)
watched the F1 race on Sunday, and have to say that it was very boring. even my father took a nap while watching it....

love the new Kimi DNA ad :lol: how many are there!!!
Congrats!!! Törkeästi onnea :thumbsup:

How many you are seen? Two, three or more?
I miss a babysitter

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 May 2010, 22:15

Hi guys,

Are you facing any problem with loading the pages here ?

TwoHardCore
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by TwoHardCore » 11 May 2010, 22:17

iceman1 wrote:Hi guys,

Not at the moment...
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
"

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 11 May 2010, 22:20

Jes many times! :confused:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 May 2010, 22:33

TwoHardCore wrote:

Not at the moment...
I have a problem, the forum goes offline for 50 secs every 20 mins :zz:
momo wrote:

Jes many times! :confused:
OK Thanks :)