The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Linda-Anne » 09 May 2010, 09:37

I know how you feel Brenda I read the post myself and was seething. I know most of you know my views on a certain team and its current drivers. I find it best to stay away from all these negative posts on other forums and take a leaf from Kimi's book when he states he "doesnt care what people think of him". He is happy in is own skin, lets his driving do the talking and is the most dignified person I have probably ever seen.
On a positive note he looks so relaxed and happy now and has the light back in his eyes. For all of us that admire him seeing him this way is the best thing of all. :shhh:

No amount of knockers can take that away from him :)

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 09 May 2010, 09:39

SpaMaster wrote:Hi Brenda, don't think that I was specifically refering to you. Actually you had a valid point in complaining about some people bringing Kimi's name into the mud while comparing two other drivers. Just jump into the ring there and throw some punches. :p :n
We have all tried that Spa Master and for some reason when we as Kimi fans exercise our right to fight back we get banned :zz: :O :lol:

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 09 May 2010, 09:43

Linda-Anne wrote: On a positive note he looks so relaxed and happy now and has the light back in his eyes. For all of us that admire him seeing him this way is the best thing of all. :shhh:

No amount of knockers can take that away from him :)
Oh wow, that was too good a post! :hatoff: :)
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 09 May 2010, 14:08

Off-Topic: show
I can't believe I'm saying this, but my heart is aching for hammy today
The JINX

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 09 May 2010, 14:17

Now, I can't wait for F1 in Monaco, cuz obviously Kimi will attend the weekend! :zz:
F1 today was just stupid! Fonzi, this jerk, got on P2, completely undeserved :<>:
MS, jerk no.2, simply stupid with keeping Button behind, although he had such a damn slow car, just ridiculous.... :<>:
Hambo, just unlucky, I'm sorry, that he retired two laps before finish line, he'd deserve P2 and not Fonso.... :(
Congrats to Webber, how drove a seriously good race, defended his pole and didn't risk anything during the 66 laps. :)

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 09 May 2010, 14:40

LadyR wrote:Now, I can't wait for F1 in Monaco, cuz obviously Kimi will attend the weekend! :zz:
F1 today was just stupid! Fonzi, this jerk, got on P2, completely undeserved :<>:
MS, jerk no.2, simply stupid with keeping Button behind, although he had such a damn slow car, just ridiculous.... :<>:
Hambo, just unlucky, I'm sorry, that he retired two laps before finish line, he'd deserve P2 and not Fonso.... :(
Congrats to Webber, how drove a seriously good race, defended his pole and didn't risk anything during the 66 laps. :)
I was saying this morning that we all shouldn't have such negative posts here.
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but the driver that we support is completely different. I don't think he has that kind of hate/dissapointement towards Ferrari or Alonso.
I also believe that as long as someone keeps on wanting bad results for a driver, it will happen the opposite. It's a funny statement, but :blush:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 09 May 2010, 14:52

rko281 wrote:
I also believe that as long as someone keeps on wanting bad results for a driver, it will happen the opposite. It's a funny statement, but :blush:
I get the same feeling whenever I find myself wishing for someone to dnf because I don't like them :). I get afraid that that will jinx my favorite drivers.

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 09 May 2010, 14:56

brendakarli wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but my heart is aching for hammy today
Now you will really jinx him. :p
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 09 May 2010, 16:15

Ok, I understood. I'm going to shut my mouth up. But, you know, where to say what hurts me if not here. Injustice hurts so much. Especially when I see Alonso gaining good points because of other people's unluck!!! I think we've seen enough of it already...

Everyday I try to learn from Kimi, I'm sure that he isn't feel bad because of what's happened to him last year and already in 2008, I should try to do the same, but we are different. For me, it's too hard. :(

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 09 May 2010, 16:24

Kinga wrote:
Ok, I understood. I'm going to shut my mouth up. But, you know, where to say what hurts me if not here. Injustice hurts so much. Especially when I see Alonso gaining good points because of other people's unluck!!! I think we've seen enough of it already...

Everyday I try to learn from Kimi, I'm sure that he isn't feel bad because of what's happened to him last year and already in 2008, I should try to do the same, but we are different. For me, it's too hard. :(
I understand you, but that's the way things are, some have more luck than others. There are plenty of things that aren't fair both in life and in sports.
But, even if most of you don't like Alonso (his character and his controversies) you have to start to accept that he is indeed a great driver. It's not only about luck. This season you will see it especially in comparation with Massa.

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 09 May 2010, 16:28

rko281 wrote:
I understand you, but that's the way things are, some have more luck than others. There are plenty of things that aren't fair both in life and in sports.
But, even if most of you don't like Alonso (his character and his controversies) you have to start to accept that he is indeed a great driver. It's not only about luck. This season you will see it especially in comparation with Massa.
Pardon me, I've never ever said that Alonso is not a great driver!!!! I appreciate his talent, no doubt about it. I also know that life and sports can be unfair a lot of times.

But I just can't swallow that he's much better than Massa. That would mean that Kimi is worse than Alonso, which is not true IMO. He's luckier than Kimi, has better PR and he gets all the support from the team. That way he can shine much better than Kimi could.

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 09 May 2010, 16:35

You know, I never wished Fonzi something really bad....it's just unbelievable, that this guy has always so much luck - also if he doesn't deserve it..... :<>:

rko281
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by rko281 » 09 May 2010, 16:46

Kinga wrote:
rko281 wrote:
Pardon me, I've never ever said that Alonso is not a great driver!!!! I appreciate his talent, no doubt about it. I also know that life and sports can be unfair a lot of times.

But I just can't swallow that he's much better than Massa. That would mean that Kimi is worse than Alonso, which is not true IMO. He's luckier than Kimi, has better PR and he gets all the support from the team. That way he can shine much better than Kimi could.
you see, some comparations just can not be made. I don't think it's fair to compare Alonso and Kimi because they haven't driven the same car and the comparations through Massa it's not fair because the cars are different and Massa and Alonso both like the same type of car. But the comparation is brought by Kimi haters to show how Kimi was overated.
Make no mistake, if the situation was the other way round (Massa dominating Alonso) there will be some Kimi "fanboys" who would destroy Alonso with some posts. I'm not saying that you would do it...

My favourite driver was/is Kimi and I always though he is better that Massa, but I can not say he is better or not than Alonso. As a fan I would like to think it like this :roll::
I am more rational than passionate and I try not to mind those Alonso fanboys and Kimi haters...I won't get to their levels of hatred or total unrealistic claims..

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 09 May 2010, 18:03

I think that I am lucky guy because I am not so interested in F1 :blush: Some of you already know, I am not watch any F1 race for several years...
I miss a babysitter

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Off-topic thread for rally fans

Post by Moominpappa » 09 May 2010, 19:12

To all mothers: Hyvää äitienpäivää!
I miss a babysitter