The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 16:52

Ice-Ludy wrote:Hello guys!!! Specially you from Finland...I found this: http://kuvat2.iltasanomat.fi/iltasanoma ... 1_kimi.pdf

But as I don't speak Finnish I thought you guys may help me. :O

It's not to translate the whole thing, it's just to say what is about!!! I am curious!!! :lol: It looks like some type of review of Kimi's career!!!!

I don't know if you guys have already posted here, if so, sorry!!! :confused:

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Ludy :O
Hi Ludy :hug:

It's a compilation of the stories written about Kimi in the papers. It's really funny :lol:

I can translate it little by little but here is the first part:

The F1-world was staring at Räikkönen in Melbourne 2001. Sauber's race engineer Jacky Eeckelaert would also have wanted to stare at Kimi before the race but he couldn't find him anywhere. Did he chicken?
- Kimi was sleeping in some truck. They had to go and wake him up, Kalle Jokinen, Räikkönen's ex-mechanic tells.

In his opening race Kimi drove sensationally to points and came in 6th - only because he was driving on the limit until the end. Räikkönen always follows his father's instructions 'always drive one million on the limit'.

Once Kimi drove out from the track in Bemböle.
- He bounced from the rocks with his foot on the pedal and forced the car back on the track. The chains were gone, the wheel was broken and there was an awful lot of damage in the car. I started to scold him telling him that these are expensive equipment, Matti remembers.

Kimi turned around and looked at his father who he has always called by his name.
- Masa hey, you have told yourself that we drive for as long as the wheels are turning, Kimi gave back to him.

- yes yes, but I meant racing conditions.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 05 May 2010, 16:52

OMG....havent that one yet! :)

Thx a million, Ludy! :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 16:55

momo wrote:
Off-Topic: show
Tilliliha is the best!
My wife cooked it for lunch today!
Naminami!
:lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 16:56

Sébastien Loeb wrote:salut
i have a question for rally
Bonjour :hug:

What do you want to know, Sébastien?

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 16:56

Loiste, thank you ;)

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 05 May 2010, 17:05

Wolfie wrote:
Ice-Ludy wrote:Hello guys!!! Specially you from Finland...I found this: http://kuvat2.iltasanomat.fi/iltasanoma ... 1_kimi.pdf

But as I don't speak Finnish I thought you guys may help me. :O

It's not to translate the whole thing, it's just to say what is about!!! I am curious!!! :lol: It looks like some type of review of Kimi's career!!!!

I don't know if you guys have already posted here, if so, sorry!!! :confused:

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Ludy :O
Hi Ludy :hug:

It's a compilation of the stories written about Kimi in the papers. It's really funny :lol:

I can translate it little by little but here is the first part:

The F1-world was staring at Räikkönen in Melbourne 2001. Sauber's race engineer Jacky Eeckelaert would also have wanted to stare at Kimi before the race but he couldn't find him anywhere. Did he chicken?
- Kimi was sleeping in some truck. They had to go and wake him up, Kalle Jokinen, Räikkönen's ex-mechanic tells.

In his opening race Kimi drove sensationally to points and came in 6th - only because he was driving on the limit until the end. Räikkönen always follows his father's instructions 'always drive one million on the limit'.

Once Kimi drove out from the track in Bemböle.
- He bounced from the rocks with his foot on the pedal and forced the car back on the track. The chains were gone, the wheel was broken and there was an awful lot of damage in the car. I started to scold him telling him that these are expensive equipment, Matti remembers.

Kimi turned around and looked at his father who he has always called by his name.
- Masa hey, you have told yourself that we drive for as long as the wheels are turning, Kimi gave back to him.

- yes yes, but I meant racing conditions.
Hi Nicole!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! :O You don't have to translate everything dear...It's a lot!!! I don't want to give you that trouble!!! Anyways, thanks so much for the explanation!!!
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 05 May 2010, 17:07

LadyR wrote:OMG....havent that one yet! :)

Thx a million, Ludy! :hug:
My pleasure LadyR. This picture is something sweet!!! :)
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 17:09

The deer gets scared in 2004

After Kimi gets out of his racing outfit it's like he is pulled into a wrong world, he is like a fragile deer in front of the headlights. After Kimi gets out of the car he loses his driving line. He is embarrassed in crowds and he can't analyse his driving in an interesting way. He is like Mozart from the motorsport who can play from his backbone without knowing the notes and without having the energy to explain his works to all the Salieres. Without his instrument he gets bored, changes into a restless man whose hands are feverishly looking for a vehicle to grab.

- Driving is like a drug for Kimi. He needs it. During karting-times he always started to fool around and wrestle during the days off the track. Or then he just slept through the day, Jokinen remembers.

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 05 May 2010, 17:21

have two questions:
First: in the Rally NZ after stage 8 Is there service park Before the 9 special stage
Second: for example, I participated in the rally NZ and was ranked 10 and Sordo 11 and I'm not registered in the tournament are you win Sordo 1 point in the drivers championship or me ganye the point

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 17:22

On the F1-paddock Räikkönen was soon known as if not as a simple then at least as a boring guy who has problems putting two words together.
- Everything was new to him. How could he have analysed Canada's track if he never even been to Canada? He just anwsers honestly, Matti says.

- Kimi isn't a high society man. The principal is that he drives the races flat out so that he doesn't have to explain afterwards, Toni Vilander tells.

Räikkönen has slowly opened up but the joking boy performs to only a few and chosen ones. In January 2004 he was in a motorsledge race in Kaana with his friends. Everything was fine until people recognised the McLaren-star in the sausage-tent's corner. He practically froze of the well-meaning attention he got from his own people - from people in motorsport.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 17:28

Sébastien Loeb wrote:have two questions:
First: in the Rally NZ after stage 8 Is there service park Before the 9 special stage
Second: for example, I participated in the rally NZ and was ranked 10 and Sordo 11 and I'm not registered in the tournament are you win Sordo 1 point in the drivers championship or me ganye the point
No, they don't have service before the 9th SS.

If you aren't registered in the tournament and beat Sordo then I don't think you get the point intended for him. I think they give the points according to the serie you are driving in. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong :blush:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 17:56

Oi, thanks Anelise, wonderful and funny pictures from Kimi's wedding :hug:

The spectators saw a glimpse of Jenni just as the car was leaving (they had mega-security):

The family across the wedding-place was renovating their roof and the boys in the family decided to remember the wedding couple with a text they made out of tiles. Kimi and Jenni sent them a bottle of the wedding-wine to thank them.

It says: Good luck Kimi - Jenni

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 18:01

The Wedding-car. A Maybach limousine is a real luxury car: handmade and costs about one million euros.

Mika and Erja Häkkinen made the most flashing entrance with Harley-Davidson.

Kimi and Jenni made their everything so that outsiders wouldn't see a glimpse of the wedding.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 05 May 2010, 18:05

Here it is: the wedding place just after the ceremony! The guests are walking to Vanajanlinna.

The security guards used a boat when driving away outsiders who tried to come too close.

A guard on the shore with a walkie-talkie.