2010 Gran Premio de España

Season 2010 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.

Who will win the 2010 Gran Premio de España?

Poll ended at 09 May 2010, 07:18

Jenson Button
4%
Nico Rosberg
2%
Fernando Alonso
24%
Lewis Hamilton
22%
Sebastian Vettel
31%
Felipe Massa
6%
Robert Kubica
2%
Mark Webber
4%
Adrian Sutil
No votes
Michael Schumacher
4%
Vitantonio Liuzzi
No votes
Vitaly Petrov
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 49

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2010 Gran Premio de España

Post by Fergie1 » 02 May 2010, 23:10

MavF1 wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:not bothered about the wait, im looking forward to monaco instead as spain will be boring.
No offence, but since when is Monaco not boring?
I've taken a decision on watching the next two races: If both Spain and Monaco stay dry and any RedBull will be on pole [which very likely will be the case], I'll simply don't watch it. I hope for a Hamilton pole in Monaco, though.
I never said it wasn't boring, I still prefer Monaco to Barcelona for the spectacle and drama that Monaco can provide.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 May 2010, 15:02

Not since 1993 have we experienced a beginning to a grand prix season as wet as this. Back then, four of the first five events saw rain at some stage. So far in 2010 three out of four race weekends have featured rain on the menu, and a complicated weather trend this week over northern Spain could result in another wet race.

A deepening area of low pressure over Catalonia has brought heavy rain today to the circuit and the prospects for Tuesday and Wednesday are only slightly better, as this low crawls very slowly north-west towards eastern France.

It will take until Thursday for the threat of showers to completely move away, but only for a short while as another - less potent - area of low pressure tracks across Portugal and Spain from the Atlantic late on Saturday evening and into Sunday, bringing yet more inclement weather.

With the first low never too far away over France, a slight chance of showers cannot be ruled out for Friday or Saturday. However, the risk is minimal and at this stage we expect all three practice sessions to take place in dry but cloudy conditions. Temperatures will be cool for this time of year, with a maximum of 17 degrees on Friday, possibly rising to 18 or 19 degrees by the end of qualifying on Saturday.

Sunday is already a concern as the second low begins to push in across Spain towards Catalonia. The trend will swing back towards wet weather with the risk of showers increasing throughout the day. A top temperature of 17 degrees is again expected, meaning that the teams may not even see the gauge reach 20 degrees all week.

Over the next few days the situation should become much more defined. Next update will be on Thursday.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 May 2010, 13:38

Red Bull to be 'three tenths faster' in Spain
YallaF1 wrote: Christian Horner thinks Mercedes could be in a winning position in Barcelona — but his Red Bull colleague Helmut Marko doesn’t agree.

While Horner is awaiting the success of Mercedes’ much-vaunted big technical step for the Spanish grand prix, Marko warns that F1’s fastest car is about to get even faster.

“Based on our data – and it is very reliable – I am working on the assumption that in Barcelona we will be at least three tenths faster,” Red Bull’s motor sport consultant said on Austrian TV ‘Sport und Talk aus dem Hangar 7′.

Former F1 driver Dr Marko insisted it is therefore unlikely that Mercedes’ W01 is set to take over as the 2010 pacesetter.

“Realistically, in qualifying, Mercedes was five to seven tenths behind us. We are now three tenths even quicker, which means they would have to make up a second.

“And one second (per lap) is really a lot,” added Marko.

Red Bull is only fifth and third in the drivers’ and constructors’ championships respectively, but Marko is confident the team is in good shape.

“Now that we have such a great package, we are confident that we will achieve our goal of winning the championship this year,” he said.
wow :zz:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 04 May 2010, 14:08

I heard Mercedes will use the chassis they used during winter testing and that Red Bull will only have reliability improvements (so no aerodynamical updates for RBR).. :zz:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 May 2010, 15:50

Both Karun Chandhok and Jake Humphrey have tweeted that the Spanish weekend will be affected by rain :D

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 04 May 2010, 16:08

phil1993 wrote:Both Karun Chandhok and Jake Humphrey have tweeted that the Spanish weekend will be affected by rain :D
Then I hope they're right.

And about Mercedes: Come on guys, who really thinks that they'll come out of nowhere and will start winning? When did that happen in recent F1 history? Wait. Oh yeah, never. Sorry I'm so sarcastic :p , honestly I would like them to be in front every now and then, yet I think it'll be quite unlikely this season.

However, as we've seen last year, if you got the right setup and your car fits a certain track.....
Man, I remember that I was kind of puzzled after Spa Quali: a Force India on pole on a dry track, how the heck did that happen?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 May 2010, 16:09

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 04 May 2010, 20:20

Hope this is the right place for this article :confused:

FERRARI, DOMENICALI, TRUTH
Published by Leo Turrini Tue, 04/05/2010 - 01:25

Just as I was going to enjoy a terrific dinner hosted by Ernesto Landi I received a phone call from Stephen Sunday (Stefano Domenicali), the head of the Ferrari Racing Department.

The call has NOT been monitored by the evil Cola (Colajanni) so because it's uncensored it may prove interesting.

I have written down the parts that I liked most for your evaluation. And I state, now and forever, that Dom is a dear friend so I hope he is able to win with the Red Army.

IN SPAIN.'I tell you now that we won't be the favourites in Barcelona. In Barcelona the downforce helps a car like Red Bull so I wouldn't be surprised if Seb Vettel takes the pole ...'

THE HOLE.'We are trying this, the solution allows to increase the top speed on the straights. Recently Physical (Fisico) tested it on a straight in Vairano. We will try it again during Friday free practice in Catalonia. We are coming there '.

THE ENGINE.'Okay, I admit it. During the winter we did not expect to have some problems with our eight-cylinder. But we are not desperate and this is not a tragic situation. We are working on it. Moreover the F10's troubles should not be linked to the problems Sauber has had. With Sauber it is a question of wiring, with us it something completely different.'

SCHUMI.'I do not think he is over, I do not think that at all and it has boiled over and I'm sorry when I hear or read terrible things about him. Instead I believe that a sufficient result, only one, is enough to get him back up front. Also it's a mistake to underestimate Rosberg, Nico is in fact a very good driver so it's no shame for Michael, after three years of inactivity, to be slower than his team mate...'

THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.'Wide open. The absolutely fastest car so far has been Red Bull in terms of overall performance. Yet it is not leading. This is a season in which even the little things count. We proceed a step at a time. All...'

ALO & MASS.'Ah, this is what you wanted, right? Then listen. How long have you known me, almost twenty years? Okay, I cannot come to you and say that the passing of Spanish on the Brazilian in the pit lane was a normal thing because it's not true. I confirm that I just like everyone else only saw it on television replays, the pitwall doesn't have any radar sight! But you have to be in balance, these things happen between teammates and they do occur, the important thing is not to cross the line. In a serie this tight you'll see that there are similar incidents between Ham and between Button and Vettel and Webber and also between Rosberg and Schumacher. It doesn't compromise the personal relationships and I think that you shouldn't be upset or worried about the future?

A little.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 05 May 2010, 14:09

At least 2/3 days on Race Weekend are going to be rain affected.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 May 2010, 15:58

Christian Klien has signed as HRT reserve driver and will drive in Friday practices this year
David Coulthard is doing the Mille Miglia this weekend and will not be part of the BBC's F1 team in Spain

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 06 May 2010, 01:40

phil1993 wrote: David Coulthard is doing the Mille Miglia this weekend and will not be part of the BBC's F1 team in Spain
What is that Phil?
sounds like some dance :lol:

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 06 May 2010, 07:31

iceman1 wrote:At least 2/3 days on Race Weekend are going to be rain affected.
Three race weekends out of four affected by rain already. That would make it 4/5 :blink:

The 2010 rules certainly have succeeded in producing wetter racing.

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 06 May 2010, 07:52

JoostLamers wrote:I heard Mercedes will use the chassis they used during winter testing and that Red Bull will only have reliability improvements (so no aerodynamical updates for RBR).. :zz:
TS is saying Red Bull will bring new front wing to Spain . The F-duct system isnt coming until maybe to Turkey as Newey is building a system of his own and they will never use it if there isnt sicnificant advantage coming of it.
Ferraris F-duct system is controlled by elbow btw.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 06 May 2010, 08:01

apple wrote:
JoostLamers wrote:I heard Mercedes will use the chassis they used during winter testing and that Red Bull will only have reliability improvements (so no aerodynamical updates for RBR).. :zz:
TS is saying Red Bull will bring new front wing to Spain . The F-duct system isnt coming until maybe to Turkey as Newey is building a system of his own and they will never use it if there isnt sicnificant advantage coming of it.
Didn't Newey say at some point that if one wants to copy McLaren's F-duct system then they would have to rebuild the car or something like that or do I remember wrong?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 06 May 2010, 08:24

Wolfie wrote:
apple wrote:
Didn't Newey say at some point that if one wants to copy McLaren's F-duct system then they would have to rebuild the car or something like that or do I remember wrong?
No correct, he said that McLaren built there car around the F-duct, like last year with the diffusers, Brawn built there car around the diffuser, others have to implement it, but it's not totally integrated in the car as it's just a loose part of it.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at