The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 19:14

Kinga wrote:Congrats to our Nicole, member of the month!!!! Wooohooo!!!! :hug: :cool:
It took me a while to figure out what has happened :lol:

Thanks Kinga but it's a group-thing, I would be a complete zero without you people who keep up the spirit all the time - we are all members of the month, I can't take any credit :hug:

By the way, where is Linda :confused:

Have you ever heard this song, lyrics made especially for Kimi :lol:

Here is something about both Finns and Kimi - LOL

You know the original song, don't you:

http://www.seiska.fi/karaoke/_a67379/

I AM A SWISS

Up in the northern was my very first home,
but now the one who doesn't enjoy those sceneries anymore,
is the one who is the Swiss

If they only knew out in the world
about what is done under the sky of Finland
there is a nation drinking so much booze
that you could get quite many oceans made out of those

But as soon as I get drunk, it doesn't take very long
before someone envious starts to get a headache
because I didn't do the rap or step in London
and because I also flashed my stick

You all should know that F1 is work for the boars
amateurs don't get lucky over there
the only only who knows this,
is Kimi the Swiss

Up in the northern was my very first home,
but now the one who doesn't enjoy those sceneries anymore,
is Kimi the Swiss

But out of Finland's coldness I got an icy temper
and what some just can't deal with is,
the face of the Swiss

I might sometimes drink like a cuckoo clock
and in the morning put the helmet on
and show that Montoya boy again
who the real driver number one is

I don't put dollars on the table with a mourning soul
I don't push the Mercedes biting my teeth
If I enjoy it like I do it when doing it with Jenni
I know that nobody can win me here

- the rest is repetition-

:lol:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 19:29

momo wrote:
Off-Topic: show
I ate the porcini so many times...
I still have house full of dried mushrooms, kantarelli, suppiloivahvero that I picked in the forests of Vittäsk (Kirkkonummi) where I lived some years ago.
You forgot to mention these: karjalanpiirakka, mämmi, kaalikääryle, karjalanpaisti ecc. :lol: :lol:
Momo, aren't the mushrooms good? I just made a risotto with suppilovahveros and it was soooo good :drool: My grandfather was from Karjala and my grandmother had to learn to make real karjalanpiirakka before he agreed to marry her - the real ones are something amazingly delicious. Mämmi is good too with lots of cream and sugar :thumbsup:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 19:31

LadyR wrote:Hmmm....yeah, why doesn't someone do the non-Finnish Raikko a favor by uploading the commercial....seeing that would make my weekend! :n :lol: :)
It's weird isn't it, LadyR - every Finn talk about the commercial yet no link anywhere :(

Hopefully it comes soon since they also speak English and you probably love it :pray:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 02 May 2010, 19:35

If someone knows when the commercial will shown, I can save it and send it for you.

Btw. I saw this from IS
Citroen boss told that Kimi has been a good member of the team.
"Räikkönen on sopinut talliin todella hyvin"
02.05.2010 17:08

Kimi Räikkösen alkukausi on saanut Citroen-pomo Olivier Quesnelin myhäilemään tyytyväisenä - kahdestakin syystä.

Kahden ensimmäisen rallin vaikeuksien jälkeen Räikkönen on hiljentänyt kriitikkonsa ajamalla pisteille sekä Jordaniassa (8:s) että heti perään Turkissa (5:s). Se on saanut Citroenin tehdastallin päällikönkin tyytyväiseksi.

- Olen todella iloinen Räikkösen kehittymisestä, Quesnel kiittelee Citroenin junioritiimissä ajavaa formulamestaria rallin MM-sarjan verkkosivuilla.

- Hän on sopinut tiimiin todella hyvin ja ajanut nyt kaksi hyvää rallia Jordaniassa ja Turkissa. Se auttaa häntä saamaan hyvän itseluottamuksen myös kauden toiselle puoliskolle.

Alkukaudesta MM-sarjan positiivisin yllättäjä on ollut Räikkösen tiimikaveri Sebastien Ogier, joka on MM-sarjassa viidentenä 45 pisteellään. Quesneliltä heruu kunnon kehut myös Ogierille.

- Jokaisessa rallissa olemme yllättyneet Ogierin jatkuvasta kehityksestä. Hän saa hommat tehtyä, kuuntelee, oppii ja kehittyy jokaisessa kisassa. Pian hän ottaa jo ensimmäisen voittonsa!

Rallin MM-sarja jatkuu tulevana viikonloppuna Uudessa-Seelannissa. Räikköstä ei kauden viidennessä osakilpailussa nähdä, mutta Ogierille puolestaan järjetyi lisäbudjettia sen verran, että Citroen lennättää hänet alkuperäisestä suunnitelmasta poiketen myös Uuteen-Seelantiin.

Räikkönen sen sijaan on seuraavan kerran tositoimissa Portugalin MM-rallissa toukokuun viimeisenä viikonloppuna.
Kalle Takala
I miss a babysitter

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 20:07

luieluv wrote:@ wolfie
superb superb article. I just love the old priceless stuff. Reading some of the classic kimi answers gives me calmness and also makes me laugh on some of the witty remarks.

Keep em coming. I simply love it.

Thanks for this one. :)
Loved it too, Luie - especially when asked about his way of driving since that's a thing I've come across on Finnish forums, people talking about what a daredevil he used to be pre-F1.

This is a great thing, taken from Urheilulehti in 2008 and written by Father Mitro, an Orthodox Priest who is obviously also a F1-fan:

The real winner lives behind the Finnish self-confidence, those massive resources that we only have to take more efficiently into use. Because of the centuries of humiliation we still have a huge need to prove to the world that we are the best in everything. That is why Kimi Räikkönen would be a better President than Barack Obama or George W. Bush. His attitude to life is so brilliant: I drive faster than everybody else, I overtake everyone except myself.

The boasting is not important, what is important is a complete and realistic self-confidence, which Räikkönen always have had in the right way.

The man knows himself, his abilities and he trusts in them 100%. For me this is only a positive thing and it tells that we Finns are little by little becoming more European and start to trust in our abilities. :cool:
---------------------------------
But so that it wouldn't be all praise, here's from some columns written by a critic in Finland, Matti-Esko Hytönen - he bashes everyone in his articles :lol:

IT'S SO MUCH MORE FUN UPSTAIRS

15.8.2009 klo 02.08

When someone knows nothing about things, he/she should be quiet. Reporter Jaana Rinne is not quiet. She claims in City-magazine that restaurant Teatteri's VIP-area is the mecca of Helsinki's gossip press. It isn't. It's my mecca.

Jussi69 has at least sometimes visited Teatteri's VIP-terrace and he brags that he has taken some drinks with Kimi Räikkönen. The last time I saw Kimi he was dancing on the window sill in Teatteri. Inside Teatteri. No, it wasn't Kimi, it was Jenni who was dancing. Kimi was wrestling with someone on the floor.

KIMI AND JENNI IN THEIR FREETIME

6.3.2008 klo 02.18

Kimi Räikkönen and Jenni Dahlman-Räikkönen let in a photographer to their home in Switzerland. You can detect insane details from the photos.

In the first picture Kimi and Jenni sit on the kitchen table. Kimi is staring at the camera but Jenni is looking at the dog who is reaching for Kimi's sunglasses.

In the second picture Kimi sits on the floor in front of the sofa and stares at the camera but Jenni sits on the sofa and looks at the dog who also sits on the sofa.

In the third picture Kimi is sitting on the floor in front of the sofa and has a dog in his lap who looks at Jenni who sits on the sofa and who has taken Kimi's earphones.

In the fourth picture Kimi and Jenni stand on the balcony. They both wear sunglasses although it's a cloudy day. Jenni looks only little taller than Kimi because she isn't standing straight.

You can see Kimi's ring in only three pictures because in the fourth picture his is hiding his hand. Jenni doesn't have a ring in any picture.

But don't worry. When Kimi sits this week in Kämp-hotel's sofa without Jenni he won't wear a ring either.

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 02 May 2010, 20:31

boy is this Hytonen guy bitter, as we say if he bites himself he'll get poisoned.What things he implies....
The song I'm not sure I like it either...why should they sing that he's drinking...in some cultures this is not so acceptable and it is not good for his profile...I'm a bit of a blinded fan and I don't like anything negative... But again...nothing of this can touch anything but his own sensitivity ( if he is sensitive to these things, we don't really know it...to say the truth....)

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 02 May 2010, 20:48

Wolfie wrote:
Momo, aren't the mushrooms good? I just made a risotto with suppilovahveros and it was soooo good :drool: My grandfather was from Karjala and my grandmother had to learn to make real karjalanpiirakka before he agreed to marry her - the real ones are something amazingly delicious. Mämmi is good too with lots of cream and sugar :thumbsup:
I love mushrooms!
Where I live now, in the mountains, there are many ...
My wife knows how to make excellent dishes from Karjala because her mother was from Viipuri.
I am a lucky man. :cool:
But I'm also good at cooking Italian dishes ...
:n :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 21:11

momo wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
I love mushrooms!
Where I live now, in the mountains, there are many ...
My wife knows how to make excellent dishes from Karjala because her mother was from Viipuri.
I am a lucky man. :cool:
But I'm also good at cooking Italian dishes ...
:n :)
Viipuri, oi, you must have tasted the rye bread from Viipuri too, Momo? Everytime I find them in a store, rye bread from Viipuri, I buy a lot and put them in a freezer :drool: You are a lucky man to have such a wonderful wife and you also cook for her, sounds like you two have a lot of :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 21:18

Acropolis wrote:boy is this Hytonen guy bitter, as we say if he bites himself he'll get poisoned.What things he implies....
The song I'm not sure I like it either...why should they sing that he's drinking...in some cultures this is not so acceptable and it is not good for his profile...I'm a bit of a blinded fan and I don't like anything negative... But again...nothing of this can touch anything but his own sensitivity ( if he is sensitive to these things, we don't really know it...to say the truth....)
Oi Acropolis, sorry :(

Maybe we are just so used to it in Finland so we laugh at all those things, black humour seems to be the thing here :blush:

But about Hytonen, he is really nice to Kimi, you should only see what he writes about other people - really mean stuff :<>:

But Finland has a drinking culture, we don't drink wine at dinner, usually we get wasted during the weekend and people know about this abroad so they always connect Kimi with alcohol mainly because he is Finnish.

I don't think Kimi himself is upset about the alcohol-things, he probably laughs at them.

Acropolis, I try and keep it in mind in the future, sorry :pray:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 02 May 2010, 21:26

Nicole, that song & lyrics were awesome! Thanks! I laughed so hard! :lol:

Usually I don't like it if people always talk about Kimi as an alcoholic (except Turini's "Holy Drinker" phrase LOL) - which he is not obviously - but in this lyrics I found it funny.

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 02 May 2010, 21:45

Wolfie wrote:
Viipuri, oi, you must have tasted the rye bread from Viipuri too, Momo? Everytime I find them in a store, rye bread from Viipuri, I buy a lot and put them in a freezer :drool: You are a lucky man to have such a wonderful wife and you also cook for her, sounds like you two have a lot of :hug:
No, I never ate rye bread from Viipuri ...

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 22:08

momo wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
No, I never ate rye bread from Viipuri ...
Momo, those smileys of yours, they are priceless :hug:

You have to ask your wife what the bread is like :wave:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 22:15

Kinga wrote:Nicole, that song & lyrics were awesome! Thanks! I laughed so hard! :lol:

Usually I don't like it if people always talk about Kimi as an alcoholic (except Turini's "Holy Drinker" phrase LOL) - which he is not obviously - but in this lyrics I found it funny.
Kinga, have you ever read the Fiszman cartoons? I just love the way he draws Kimi, it's about alcohol but he also has drawn Kim as a tough guy :cool:

Do you remember these one:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 22:22

If you want to read more cartoons, they are here:
http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5778

By clicking at the picture they get bigger ;)

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 03 May 2010, 01:33

luieluv wrote:Yes i agree Dheeban. But the prospect of that combination looks good and if we add reliability there, We definitely have a winner and i know that and you also know that Kimi could do complete justice to the winner. So we can stick to demolition times for the rivals.
That's a mouth-watering prospect, for sure! !Great!
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..