The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 02 May 2010, 00:35

LadyR wrote:Here's a list of all articles of Kimi in newspaper "Iltalehti" since 2005.... :) :lol:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/julkkislista/20 ... 9_jl.shtml
LadyR, thanks :hug:

Phew, I'm going to bed but first... Kimi has answered to readers questions in 2005 :cool:

KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN ANSWERED TO READERS QUESTIONS

Iltalehti's readers had an unique chance to ask through the net whatever they wanted from McLaren's Kimi Räikkönen. We got over 2000 questions and Kimi answered to the most interesting ones.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you the world's best F1-driver?
Jonna

- Oi, Jonna threw in a bad one. What else can one say except of course.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What did you think one minute before the start in Indianapolis, USA?
Kimionparas

- What was I thinking... to drive or not to drive...? It bugged me of course.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would it be good if there was a regulation so that you could change tyres during the race?
Fan1

- You mean going back to the old system? Noooo, this current situation is good.
How would you think F1 could get more visibility (overtakings etc.)?
F-angio

- Less downforce to the cars and more grip to the tyres.
Are the rumours about you going to Ferrari true?
Laurentius

- No.
Would you like to race with M.Schumacher in the same team? Who would be your favourite team mate at the moment?
Sammy

- I don't care much about the team mate. On the other hand that Schumi could be nice to have in the same team someday, then we would see which one of us would be faster with the same equipment.
How would you describe your and Montoya's differences in driving styles?
V-Man

- Montoya has maybe a little more aggressive style, he wears out tyres more, he 'slides'.
How much can a driver decide in the team during a GP-weekend? Can you for example decide yourself how many times you come in and when?
Janne P.

- In principal the drivers don't get to decide, we decide upon it together in the team's meetings. Of course the driver gets the changes he wants to the car but the strategical decisions depend on so many things. There are people who calculate things so that they happen at the best possible time.
Your best memory from F1 so far?
2 Fast 4 You

- It has to be Monaco in May. It is such a legendary race and difficult to win. Anything can happen there. Then again the victory from Spa comes quite close.
What is physically most straining when driving F1 - fighting the G-powers, heat, dehydration, turning the steering wheel, or what?
Info

- Well turning the steering wheel of course but in fact the hardest strain is in the neck. It is put on trial, especially when braking and accelerating.
What is the worst hit you have got in F1?
Formuloita seuraava limonaadintuhlaaja

- The worst must have been in the beginning, in Sauber's tests in Magny-Cours. I lost the car's control and drove into the beton wall. They took me to the hospital with a helicopter, something was probably damaged in the back, the disk, but fortunately nothing more worse.
Which track do you like most? And least?
KoLeRa

- Maybe I like Spa most. It's a track from the good old days, a racing-style track. There are up- and downhills - it's just so great. I don't think there's any bad track, all tracks are okay but sometimes the surroundings sucks.
What is the most embarrasing situation during your F1-career?
Peke

- I don't know if there is anything embarrassing... Maybe this isn't the most embarrassing thing but in one of my first races I almost won but then I slipped in oil and went wide and it bugged me. It didn't embarrass me but it bugged.
Do you get to keep all the trophys that you win? If you do, are they in your home in a center place?
Viivi

- No, I don't get to keep them. I got one original trophy from Malaysia home with me. All the others are replicas so they aren't those you see in the ceremonies. The real ones go to the team. It differs in different teams but I make replicas of all trophies for myself. And they are in my home in Switzerland in a special place.
Do you have time to see the Finnish flags that are in the audience to cheer you when you drive?
Racer 98-99

- Yes, sometimes, if there are really big flags in a good place. If they are in the corners after the straights in the right places I might see them with side-eyes.
What would happen if a normal person would try F1? Would they even get it started and if they would, could they keep it under control?
Fopa

- I guess they would get it started if they know how to use the clutch with a hand. I think that it would spin quite quickly or then it would go so slow that it would make no sense. Niki Lauda tried it a few years ago and he was spinning quite flashingly although he used to be a tough driver earlier.
Do you ever get the urge to pee during the race?
Marts

- I can't remember that it would ever have happened. If you need to pee you have to pull down your pants.
How does the water get out of the cockpit during rain?
Räikkönen on mestari!

- It doesn't come that much water in there because there is no room for it. Even though it would be pouring it hardly comes in at all. Your gloves and helmet get a little wet.
How do you get drinks during the race? Do you drink a lot during the race or do you even have time to think about it in that speed?
Anna

- It depends a little. In some races I drink during the race and in some races I don't drink at all. We get a drinking hose to the helmet and there's a button on the steering wheel and when pressing the button you get to drink.
How can you sneeze when you drive F1? One would assume that the helmet and the speed would make it difficult...
Jaska

- I have never sneezed. I guess there's nothing to it, you just sneeze.
What was your first car?
Jussi

- Lada. I sprayed it black with a spray bottle. I drove it for the first time when I had my birthday in 17.10. and the year was 1997. I got the car for free from friends because the engine was broken. I put in a new engine with my pals at school. Later on I sold it to my friend with 1000 FIM and he sold it to someone else with 1000 FIM.
What car do you normally drive with?
Antti

-Merc, a DTM-Merc, E55 AMG.
Where would you be now and what would you do if your F1-career would have remained only a dream?
Heidi

- I guess my doings would have something to do with motorsporting. I would probably drive motorcross or some other vehicle with an engine, maybe even in some serie.
With who F1-driver do you spend most time with during the race weekends or during your free time?
Maradona

- I don't really spend time with any driver. The closest people are found from other places, they are not the drivers.
When you get to spray champagne, why do you always take a sip before you start spraying it?
Mia 7v

- You have to taste the good stuff so it's not all wasted.
Do too eager female fans disturb your life?
Mari

- No. I get mail from one Italian woman every single week, mostly cards.
Would you wish there were female F1-drivers?
Esci

- I wouldn't mind if there were women too.
Which karting-track in Finland is the best one according to your own opinion?
Mac

- Kimi Circuit in Lappeenranta, Muuko.
How did your dog get the name Ajax?
Fabrizio

- He was already named Ajax when I bought him from Switzerland. And because we couldn't come up with a better name we left it as it was.
Motorsporting is your job but how much time do you have to do other sports?
Jartsi

- In the summer I have less time of course when the season is on but otherwise really lots of different things. In the winter motorsledge, in the summer motocross and water-jets, golf, tennis, gym, all kinds of things. I just beat Mark (Arnall) in tennis.
Have you ever given any money to charity, for example to cancer-sick children or something like that?
Maailmanparantaja

- I have worked with SOS Children Village for several years already.
How is your marriage doing?
Avioliiton puolesta

- Fine.
When can we expect babies with Jenni?
Bouge

- Not quite in a while. You should ask this from my wife...
Have you ever tried horseback-riding and what did you think of it?
Hevostyttö (Horsegirl)

- I've tried it twice but it's a bit tricky because I'm allergic to horses. But I got the horse to gallop at once because I got so good advice. And I didn't fall. But I will leave the horse-stuff to my wife.
Where do you get your hair cut and do you have an own stylist or do you always choose your own clothes?
Mikko

- I don't exactly have a stylist but Kukka Kuparinen cuts my hair in Helsinki Katjamaria.
Your favourite book? Do you have time to read during the season?
RepeSorsa82

- I am in the middle of James Hunt's biography.
You have been in the pioneers when you where young. What kind of memories do you have from pioneering acticity?
JM

- I have never been in pioneers as far as I know. I might have been at some skiing camp with my cousin's mother that might have had something to do with the matter.

I heard that after you got your driver's licence you went flat out in Helsinki center with your Lada every now and then, you friends where stiffed with horror when sitting in the car. Is this true? Someone who has once been in your ride told me...

- I already confessed the Lada but I think I used to drive in Espoo unless I then sometimes got lost all the way to Helsinki...
How old will you drive F1?
JoniZ

- I guess I have strenght to circulate here for some time.
What do you want to do when you are big meaning after your F1-career?
Viljami76

- I haven't decided yet. Something fun.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

SpaMaster
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by SpaMaster » 02 May 2010, 01:55

luieluv wrote: And add to it Michelin Tyres and Adrian Newey package.... Everyone else go bite the Dust...
Kimi + Red Bull + Adrian + Michelin + Mercedes are on their way to 2011. I can sense demolition times for the rivals..

Flag:## :1st:

On a serious note Michelin coming back would boost Kimi's decision in coming back to F1. Very much possible.
From the years past, I remember demolition times only for Kimi with that combo. :p Rear wing flying off, engine kabooms galore, engine shield catching fire during SC, .. so that was not so demolishing for others. However Kimi was being his natural self i.e. the fastest driver on the planet. I also think Red Bull would get a decent handle on reliability as time goes on. Kimi could really enjoy life at Red Bull this time.

About the tyres: Yes, Kimi did have a problem adjusting to it in the beginning of 2007, and he used to say Bridgestone tyres lacked consistency standards since they are single supplier. However, by 2009, Kimi was well and truly comfortable with the Bridgestones. I don't think he had any problems with the Bridgestones in 2009. If at all, the team could have made Kimi lot more comfortable with the tyres if they had catered to their driver's needs better.
Curious case of Kimi Raikkonen..

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 02 May 2010, 04:02

Thanks for the icon adding advice...will try it when I have some time. Spamaster, I agree that what I remember from his maclaren days were super explosive - that was how i noticed him in the first place :cool: sure hope they've upped the reliability - esp if kimi returns to F1 next year.
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 May 2010, 04:55

SpaMaster wrote:
luieluv wrote: And add to it Michelin Tyres and Adrian Newey package.... Everyone else go bite the Dust...
Kimi + Red Bull + Adrian + Michelin + Mercedes are on their way to 2011. I can sense demolition times for the rivals..

Flag:## :1st:

On a serious note Michelin coming back would boost Kimi's decision in coming back to F1. Very much possible.
From the years past, I remember demolition times only for Kimi with that combo. :p Rear wing flying off, engine kabooms galore, engine shield catching fire during SC, .. so that was not so demolishing for others. However Kimi was being his natural self i.e. the fastest driver on the planet. I also think Red Bull would get a decent handle on reliability as time goes on. Kimi could really enjoy life at Red Bull this time.

About the tyres: Yes, Kimi did have a problem adjusting to it in the beginning of 2007, and he used to say Bridgestone tyres lacked consistency standards since they are single supplier. However, by 2009, Kimi was well and truly comfortable with the Bridgestones. I don't think he had any problems with the Bridgestones in 2009. If at all, the team could have made Kimi lot more comfortable with the tyres if they had catered to their driver's needs better.
Yes i agree Dheeban. But the prospect of that combination looks good and if we add reliability there, We definitely have a winner and i know that and you also know that Kimi could do complete justice to the winner. So we can stick to demolition times for the rivals.
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 May 2010, 05:00

@ wolfie
superb superb article. I just love the old priceless stuff. Reading some of the classic kimi answers gives me calmness and also makes me laugh on some of the witty remarks.

Keep em coming. I simply love it.

Thanks for this one. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 02 May 2010, 05:33

I do feel that kimi was less witty to questions posed by fans than those by the press - maybe he meant to be sarcastic to the media :zz:
The JINX

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 02 May 2010, 05:34

brendakarli wrote:I do feel that kimi was less witty to questions posed by fans than those by the press - maybe he meant to be sarcastic to the media :zz:
Ofcourse, At times Media needs to be given apt replies and nobody does better than Kimmpa at times. :n

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 02 May 2010, 09:12

@Wolfie: Thx for translating and that's great to read....Kimi's answers rock as usual! :cool:

I even didn't know the one with Ajax and his name....*geek*

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 02 May 2010, 09:24

Just looked arounf on YouTube, but there is still no DNA commercial uploaded.... :(
But instead of that, I found that and I have to say, it's just cool and funny....maybe you guys already know it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdc4zUosBPw

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 02 May 2010, 09:49

KIMBO1 wrote:
LadyR wrote:
brendakarli wrote:momo, your icon is so cute !!! I dunno how to input my icons here &doh
you just have to copy the link of the icon you want to input between [img]....[/img] :O
LadyR I would also like an Icon like brendakarli but dont even know where to start to find an Icon I am really thick about this sort of thing any advice would be appreciated
It might sound like a long way around - I saved imaged on hard drive, opened it with the 'Paint', altered Attributes (to have it in a size acceptable by this site) and then added in the profile. Hope this can help.
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 02 May 2010, 11:29

Many thanks for the article Wolfie! :cool: :)

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 02 May 2010, 12:06

momo wrote:Many thanks for the article Wolfie! :cool: :)
+1
Nicole you're amazing!!!! :cool: :cool:

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 02 May 2010, 15:24

I loved the Q & A article with Kimi. Thanks, Nikki! :hug:

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 02 May 2010, 17:53

Thanks Nikki, I enjoyed reading the Q&A article as well :)

I saw Kimi's TV ad today. It was really good! :thumbsup: I think it was pretty funny, a nice idea... now I feel pleased I have a DNA operator since it is one of the companies supporting Kimi :zz:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 02 May 2010, 17:56

Congrats to our Nicole, member of the month!!!! Wooohooo!!!! :hug: :cool: :thumbsup: :shhh: