2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Post by harrisv48 » 28 Apr 2010, 13:25

And I think Kubica replace Massa in 2011 in Ferrari :cool:

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 29 Apr 2010, 14:37

New track layout for Silverstone. The track layout has changed this year with the addition of a new section starting just before the bridge.
Next year they are planning to move the start finish line at the other end of the track.

ImageImage

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Apr 2010, 17:51

It's Good, seems like the turns at the end of the new straight will be a bit more interesting than before :thumbsup:

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 29 Apr 2010, 18:18

Where's Bridge corner??? That was a great corner, one of the few challlenging fast corners in F1. Looks like another unncessary mickey mouse section to me, similar to how they butchered Bahrain.

harrisv48
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by harrisv48 » 29 Apr 2010, 21:58

It looks awesome!!! :D

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 30 Apr 2010, 05:52

If this hasn't been posted before: just yesterday Schumacher was awarded the Légion d'honneur (a French distinction) by prime minister François Fillon, a notorious automotive enthusiast and amateur driver. He compared Schumacher's achievements to that of Fangio, his "only rival".

http://www.lepoint.fr/actualites-insoli ... 8/0/449348

This isn't quite anecdotal as it may sound. Fillon himself was was awarded a distinction by a major French automotive club last week, and mentioned that the lack of a French GP on the calendar was quite frustrating, but he hadn't "said his last word" about that yet. There might be hope, even though he'll probably be out of office by 2012...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 30 Apr 2010, 16:08

They've also made club into a two kink corner rather than a sweeping right hander.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Apr 2010, 18:24

Rumours have intensified this week that Mika Hakkinen could soon become Lewis Hamilton's manager.

In the wake of his professional split with his father Anthony, Hamilton has been perusing offers from potential managers. 1998 and 1999 world champion Hakkinen already works with a young F3 driver at his own manager Didier Coton's Monaco-based Aces Group, and said last Sunday: "Perhaps I will come back to F1 as a manager."

The Italian sports daily Tuttosport now reports that a deal between Aces/Hakkinen and Hamilton could be made in the very near future. Hamilton's career is currently handled by McLaren, but team boss Martin Whitmarsh is pushing his driver to appoint a "dispassionate, independent" manager.

Hakkinen won his two world championships with McLaren and retired in 2001.
Lewis can benefit from having a guy like him around.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 01 May 2010, 01:13

You know, I usually rue them chopping up classic tracks like Silverstone, but this new layout looks like it could be quite nice. I guess we'll see in July... :roll::
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 May 2010, 15:45

First flying lap of the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 01 May 2010, 18:27

i saw the circuit more slow, but i wait for the race
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

R.?
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by R.? » 02 May 2010, 11:36

Silverstone always had something magical. Right in the heart of British motorsport. There was a great atmosphere. Hopefully the new layout hasn't taken this away from the British GP.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 May 2010, 14:12

Drivers want qualifying change for Monaco
Spoiler:
The FIA is to be asked to consider introducing a one-off split qualifying session for next weekend's Monaco Grand Prix because of fears about traffic problems at the street event.

With just one week to go ahead of Formula 1's blue riband event, a number of drivers have expressed some concerns that the large lap time differential between the frontrunners and backmarkers on the narrow track could cause dangers in the opening Q1 session.

HRT's Bruno Senna, whose car will be one of the slowest in the field, has revealed that he plans to speak to FIA race director Charlie Whiting in Friday's drivers' briefing in Spain to put forward the idea of splitting the field up.

That would entail removing the frontrunners - who are all but guaranteed getting through Q1 – from the session entirely to minimise the possibility of a big name getting caught out or an accident taking place.

"We have to discuss this with Charlie, how are we going to do it – especially with qualifying," said Senna in the HRT motorhome in Barcelona on Thursday. "There are a few things we need to go through with Charlie tomorrow and perhaps in Monaco after first practice.

"The idea of splitting the field is not a bad one to be honest. If they take six or eight cars from the group of the fastest cars, or slowest cars, and the other guys go in a different qualifying, it will probably be a good idea for both people.

"We don't want someone much faster than us coming to overtake us, and they don't want to be every lap getting someone slower. Let's see how the time schedules go. I suppose it would be possible."

The idea of a one-off to split Q1 is Lotus driver Jarno Trulli's preferred option for sorting the situation out.

"From my perspective I think it's very hard - for me that I'm slow as well as for guys in front who are very quick," he said when asked by AUTOSPORT about the situation.

"I would think that somehow the FIA should think to split us. I don't know how to approach it but I think 24 cars on track is going to be hard. It's really going to be hard. We really have to manage it in a good way. I don't know if it's right or wrong but maybe they should consider it."

He added: "Split it any way you want, it's not up to me, but if the teams can agree, let's agree. Because otherwise we'll start complaining over that. So it's better to sort it out before than making a big mess after."

Renault's Robert Kubica reckons the traffic problems in Monaco would be greater this year than they had been in the past.

"Traffic is a normal problem," he said. "It has always been very difficult in Monaco in the past, although I have to say I was always lucky, or always in the position to set my lap time without any troubles in Monaco, which is not easy.

"But this year with three teams who are much slower pace, it will be much more difficult. I have been racing in Monaco before with splitting qualifying and there are some advantages and some disadvantages, but for sure we will need some solutions.

"On the other hand, it will be very difficult to get everybody happy with one solution, so I think it is a bit of a difficult topic. I think it will be quite tricky."

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 06 May 2010, 14:27

So that means that the qualifycation will be more than 1 hour?
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at