The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 29 Apr 2010, 17:42

Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 29 Apr 2010, 19:19

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:http://www.mtv3.fi/ohjelmat/sivusto2008 ... at?1111916

Something new? :huh:
Kimi told some hints for young drivers: you have to trust for yourself and it's not so important to listen other people except the guys who you trust.
I miss a babysitter

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 29 Apr 2010, 20:45

Thanks Claudie, I'll translate soon, first some old translations:

KIMI WAS TAKEN FOR AN UNDER-AGED

Kimi Räikkönen had to prove his identity in a Swiss bar, Blick-magazine told.
- He lookes so young, said the waitress.

All the people in the world don't yet know Kimi's face. At least not yet.

Kimi Räikkönen may be a worldfamous F1-driver but that doesn't guarantee that his identity would be known to everybody.

Kimi got into a strange situation in St. Moritz when the young waitress who brought vodka-shots to the table asked to see some identity papers from 28-year old Kimi Räikkönen.

The male entourage laughed a lot.

- Kimi looked quite astonished when I asked for some papers, Natalie told Blick.

She hadn't recognised Räikkönen at all. According to Natalie Kimi was in a male entourage where they drank several alcohol drinks. At some point she started to suspect that the blonde guy was under-aged.

- He looked so young. I asked if he was old enough to drink alcohol, Natalie said.

Kimi didn't yet show any papers to her. Natalie found out later who she had mistaken for an under-aged.

-----------------

Rallydriver Kimi Räikkönen's market value isn't as high as the F1-driver Kimi Räikkönen's market value is on the international sponsor-fields. He was for 8 years TAG Heuer's "face" but when Räikkönen left F1 his sponsor-contract was ended.

- Our brand is focused on F1 but Kimi will still remain as our friend, Sponsorship Manager Yann de la Fouchardière from TAG Heuer says.

- TAG Heuer's and Kimi's contract wasn't terminated because of any problems, Dan Taavitsainen from TAG Heuer says and ends the wild paddock rumours about the star driver's bad attitude towards his sponsor's needs.

Yet nobody denies that Räikkönen wouldn't have looked quite pissed at times while starring his sponsor events - 15 minutes in his sponsor's guest events have often been 15 minutes too much for Räikkönen.

- Kimi's persona has a lot of attracting features, Taavitsainen reminds and refers to the Iceman's silence that is appreciated as something exotic in Middle Europe whereas in a Finn's eye it's seen as being grumpy.

- Our brand is Formula One and not rally and that's why the contract was ended, Taavitsainen says.

Kimi Räikkönen seems to have dropped from international sponsor-deals of millions to smaller and national sponsor-levels.

His latest supporter is the domestic phone company DNA. They haven't published his contract's financial value but it can't be more than tens of thousand euros.

Working as the 'face' in watch- and sunglass -business meant for Kimi Räikkönen, David Beckham and Brad Pitt over one million euros financial compensation per year.

They still believe in Räikkönen's market value in Maranello. Ferrari's shop is still selling Kimi-stuff with full price although the F1-season starts this week in Bahrain without the silent Iceman.

Tommi Aitio
------------------------
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 29 Apr 2010, 20:52

KIMI'S TIPS TO YOUNG DRIVERS: THIS IS THE WAY TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

The motor ace from Espoo made his way from poor circumstances into the top of his own sport.

Kimi Räikkönen has achieved a lot. He had a strong will to the top and also parents who did their everything for their two sons.

– You have to trust in yourself and in what you are doing. If you know that you have done your best, whether you succeed or not, you are left with a good mood, Kimi tipped.

His reputation abroad is that he doesn't talk much. His mother Paula has called him stubborn and the same pattern is seen in Kimi's tips too.

– Don't bother listening too much to others. Of course you have to listen to those people that you trust but do your own thing. And aim to be the best.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 29 Apr 2010, 20:58

Soren wrote:Its fun to speculate about Kimis future, isnt it :) And its only going to increase in intensity in the media the closer we get to summer and during it. What I wouldnt give to be a fly on the wall at the Robertsons.

Im with Wolfie on this one. To me, it seems a bit more likely that he is looking into F1 next year after reading those interviews. But thats my impression. S2000 rally cars sounds sucky to me and possibly Kimi too. 2011 and 2012 might be 2 good years for Kimi in F1 before they bring those big changes for 2013. Again, thats my reasoning. In 13 he could switch to rallying again. He has the pacenotes and the experience this time, and Loeb is most likely gone by then.

Im so glad Kimi didnt take the Brawn/Mercedes GP seat last year. I really wanted him to at the time. But the car is currently understeering like a shopping cart and that is murder for Kimi. (And Schumi) They didnt compensate enough for the narrower front tires.
Also, Horner said in a recent interview that he would like Kimi driving for Red Bull if he was to return. But also said that he wasnt even sure he would get him as many teams would be interested.
:lol:

Good points Sören :shhh:

Here's what Jordan from another forum had to say about the subject, good points too since he has a different approach (not a Kimi-fan): :shhh:

I wouldnt read too much into the fact that Kimi hasnt tested the new Citroen yet. It is only in the development stage at the moment (and its a brand new concept of car, the old WRC cars are history after this year), and as Kimi is still only very new to rallying, they wouldnt be able to gather much useful data from him to compare and contrast things - he isnt experienced enough yet. Loeb and Sordo are the current drivers, and Ogier is Citroen's golden boy, he is their future, and it is important that the car is to their liking. I didnt know Kris Meeke had tested for them, but that makes sense also. He has a different driving style from the other three, less South-West European (primarily technical style suitable for tarmac) and more of a high-octane, sideways gravel driver - he is Colin McRae's protege after all! - and he can give a different viewpoint from the other three. He is a Peugeot driver in the IRC and both teams operate under the PSA banner, so that explains why he was brought in. Its a possibility he could be drafted into Citroen Junior next year, but he has also been linked the Prodrive-BMW-Mini project team that will enter next year. And even if he does go to Citroen Jr, it will be to replace Ogier, who I reckon is a near cert to replace Sordo in the works team - Sordo is in his fifth year in the works team and hasnt won a single rally. yes, Loeb wins most of them, but he hasnt won them all, and Sordo should have at least picked up a couple of scraps by now. He has failed to step up and I believe this will be his last year as a Citroen driver. The only reason i reckon he was kept this year was because Ogier wasnt ready. Ogier has proved he is much better than Sordo so far this year.

As long as Red bull are willing to cut the cheques, Raikkonen will be a Citroen driver. And Red Bull so far have been extremely supportive, they will have him in Citroen rally car or a Red Bull F1 car next year. i dont know if there are many options elsewhere - Ford can barely afford to have Wilson in the Stobart team these days, and Henning Solberg brings his own sponsors. If Raikkonen can fund the drive with his own sponsors, he'll get a drive. But I think Red bull are very happy with him so far, he has suited their image down to the ground. He gives off a cool, ralexed image (often what people arent after drinking that vile stuff ironically!) he has a high profile, he is bloody fast and when he crashes, it is often spectacular. They love him, Dietrich loves him - and as long as he is under contract, it means there is the possibility they can put him in the F1 team. (Not that they are unhappy with Webber, but as far as a an alternative goes, Kimi isnt a bad one)

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 29 Apr 2010, 21:34

Wolfie wrote:KIMI'S TIPS TO YOUNG DRIVERS: THIS IS THE WAY TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

The motor ace from Espoo made his way from poor circumstances into the top of his own sport.

Kimi Räikkönen has achieved a lot. He had a strong will to the top and also parents who did their everything for their two sons.

– You have to trust in yourself and in what you are doing. If you know that you have done your best, whether you succeed or not, you are left with a good mood, Kimi tipped.

His reputation abroad is that he doesn't talk much. His mother Paula has called him stubborn and the same pattern is seen in Kimi's tips too.

– Don't bother listening too much to others. Of course you have to listen to those people that you trust but do your own thing. And aim to be the best.
Thanks Nicole and Claudie!!!! :thumbsup:

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 30 Apr 2010, 02:25

Hi duey! @welcome@

Haven't been able to get in here for the past few days coz I've been so busy! Teaching from 7AM to 8PM! :fear:

Anyway, I'd like to thank again for the thousandth time all those who have put pics, articles and videos! :thumbsup:

I personally can't wait to see Kimi's ad! :O

After Turkey, I thought I would have Kimi withdrawal symptoms but all the stuff on here has made the waiting for the next rally so much easier thanks to you guys! :thumbsup:

About Kimi's staying in rally or going back to F1, I can't seem to make an educated guess about this.

I agree with Nikki that what he says in the interviews seems to point towards his gong back to F1, however all the smiles and relaxed attitude that I see now in rally seems to show that he is so much happier with the WRC world.

Maybe, in the end, he will have to weigh out what is more important to him - being relaxed in the more open and friendly atmosphere of the WRC but with a slower car or getting back the speed in F1 and possibly winning another WDC but having to deal again with all the politics and bad press in F1.

Of course, there is the matter of whether Citroen and Red Bull is willing to extend his rally contract. What if Red Bull wants him to go back to F1 and because of that refuses to extend his rally contract? Do any of you think there is this possibility?

For me, though, in the beginning, I really, really wanted him to go back to F1. However, now, WRC is really growing on me so I don't really mind anymore whether he goes back to F1 or stays in the WRC.

In the end, I just want Kimi to be happy and I just want him not to disappear!

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 30 Apr 2010, 05:41

kracer wrote: About Kimi's staying in rally or going back to F1, I can't seem to make an educated guess about this.

I agree with Nikki that what he says in the interviews seems to point towards his gong back to F1, however all the smiles and relaxed attitude that I see now in rally seems to show that he is so much happier with the WRC world.

Maybe, in the end, he will have to weigh out what is more important to him - being relaxed in the more open and friendly atmosphere of the WRC but with a slower car or getting back the speed in F1 and possibly winning another WDC but having to deal again with all the politics and bad press in F1.

Of course, there is the matter of whether Citroen and Red Bull is willing to extend his rally contract. What if Red Bull wants him to go back to F1 and because of that refuses to extend his rally contract? Do any of you think there is this possibility?

For me, though, in the beginning, I really, really wanted him to go back to F1. However, now, WRC is really growing on me so I don't really mind anymore whether he goes back to F1 or stays in the WRC.

In the end, I just want Kimi to be happy and I just want him not to disappear!
I think that this year will grow Kimi's mental abilities. Being a year so different atmoshphere than F1 must be a good experience. Maybe Kimi won't take negative things from F1 world so seriously in the future and he could be more relaxed also there. For example: I am outsourced twice. At the first time I felt very bad and was angry etc. The second time I didn't care at all, just did my works and kept other things out of my mind. I am been funny that other people on my team feels just like I did in the first time.

I believe that Kimi could do contract with Citroen junior team without Red Bull for next year. He has shown so good driving so far and he will be much better with more experience. Of course I believe too that there is no problem to get contract with Red Bull F1 team. If Kimi will go back to F1 I am sure that this rally year will be shown in his appearance for media.
I miss a babysitter

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 30 Apr 2010, 06:26

Wolfie wrote: 08.03.2010

Rallydriver Kimi Räikkönen's market value isn't as high as the F1-driver Kimi Räikkönen's market value is on the international sponsor-fields. He was for 8 years TAG Heuer's "face" but when Räikkönen left F1 his sponsor-contract was ended.

- Our brand is focused on F1 but Kimi will still remain as our friend, Sponsorship Manager Yann de la Fouchardière from TAG Heuer says.

- TAG Heuer's and Kimi's contract wasn't terminated because of any problems, Dan Taavitsainen from TAG Heuer says and ends the wild paddock rumours about the star driver's bad attitude towards his sponsor's needs.

Yet nobody denies that Räikkönen wouldn't have looked quite pissed at times while starring his sponsor events - 15 minutes in his sponsor's guest events have often been 15 minutes too much for Räikkönen.

- Kimi's persona has a lot of attracting features, Taavitsainen reminds and refers to the Iceman's silence that is appreciated as something exotic in Middle Europe whereas in a Finn's eye it's seen as being grumpy.

- Our brand is Formula One and not rally and that's why the contract was ended, Taavitsainen says.

Kimi Räikkönen seems to have dropped from international sponsor-deals of millions to smaller and national sponsor-levels.

His latest supporter is the domestic phone company DNA. They haven't published his contract's financial value but it can't be more than tens of thousand euros.

Working as the 'face' in watch- and sunglass -business meant for Kimi Räikkönen, David Beckham and Brad Pitt over one million euros financial compensation per year.

They still believe in Räikkönen's market value in Maranello. Ferrari's shop is still selling Kimi-stuff with full price although the F1-season starts this week in Bahrain without the silent Iceman.

Tommi Aitio
------------------------
Here's "greedy" Kimi Räikkönen for you!!! :<>:

LOL at the waitress!!!! Just like the policeman in Italy last year. They don't know Kimi?!?!? It's kinda strange to think about this being a Kimi fan. :p

Wolfie, thanks for posting Jordan's post, good points there and hardly biased. :)
Soren wrote:To me, it seems a bit more likely that he is looking into F1 next year after reading those interviews. But thats my impression. S2000 rally cars sounds sucky to me and possibly Kimi too. 2011 and 2012 might be 2 good years for Kimi in F1 before they bring those big changes for 2013. Again, thats my reasoning. In 13 he could switch to rallying again. He has the pacenotes and the experience this time, and Loeb is most likely gone by then.

Im so glad Kimi didnt take the Brawn/Mercedes GP seat last year. I really wanted him to at the time. But the car is currently understeering like a shopping cart and that is murder for Kimi. (And Schumi) They didnt compensate enough for the narrower front tires.
Also, Horner said in a recent interview that he would like Kimi driving for Red Bull if he was to return. But also said that he wasnt even sure he would get him as many teams would be interested.
I agree! :)

LOOL at the understeering shopping cart... It seems I like oversteer too, I curse a lot at those f.cking understeering shopping carts. :lol:
kracer wrote:I agree with Nikki that what he says in the interviews seems to point towards his gong back to F1, however all the smiles and relaxed attitude that I see now in rally seems to show that he is so much happier with the WRC world.

Pauline, I agree with your post too, especially with the bold part. And, yes, I can see a possibility that if he gets a good offer from Red Bull to F1 he would refuse the rally contract.
Moominpappa wrote:I think that this year will grow Kimi's mental abilities. Being a year so different atmoshphere than F1 must be a good experience. Maybe Kimi won't take negative things from F1 world so seriously in the future and he could be more relaxed also there.
Yes! :thumbsup:

Sébastien Loeb
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sébastien Loeb » 30 Apr 2010, 07:07

can you give me the video of Kimi Raikkonen in dialogue with the channel mtv3

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 30 Apr 2010, 08:00

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote: 08.03.2010

Tommi Aitio
------------------------

I`m starting to worry a bit now. Tag were the sponsors who never left Kimi. :(
I thought they had gone with him to Rally too.. :pray:

Kimi would need money because remember he runs his own team? Raikkonen-Robertson Racing..

But I suppose he`ll get TAG back if he switches back to F1. or He might convince them to come to Rally someday. :pray:

And what about this as an advertisement in F1 from our friend Haug. :zz:

Get Kimi in your F1 team and You get Mercedes Engine FREE FREE FREE!!

:hug: :lol:

Or may be

Get Red Bull`s Kimi in your F1 team and You get Mercedes Engine FREE FREE FREE!!

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 30 Apr 2010, 08:03

Sébastien Loeb wrote:can you give me the video of Kimi Raikkonen in dialogue with the channel mtv3
Here you go friend Loeb.. :O

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 30 Apr 2010, 10:04

LOL @ Amol ::: That's a pretty nice bargain!

Kiitos for those translations, Nikki!

SilentKiller
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by SilentKiller » 30 Apr 2010, 14:30

What the hell is this???

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 30 Apr 2010, 15:48

^^that was some PR event during Rally Jordan
All rally drivers had to wear those gladiator costumes.
At firstly, Kimi hesitated to put the dress on and asked "Do I reall yhave to wear this?", but in the end, he got convinced and did it as well as the other rally guys. Very funny....love that pic! :)