Rally of Turkey 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rally of Turkey 2010

Post by realms » 28 Apr 2010, 12:55

Kriss wrote:
realms wrote:
dindi wrote:
kracer wrote:
dindi wrote:Which is the hottest country on earth? Maybe they should hold a rally there
Off-Topic: show
and Kimi would have to take his clothes off...
How about here in Manila, dindi? :n

We've got the weather and we've got the horrible roads for the rally...except the car wouldn't move with the traffic! &doh :lol:
Actually, Chef!!! :::
actually if u come to my part of india ... we've got the hot weather and rains in the evening ( been like it for a couple of weeks now ).... i think u girls would like Kimi here
where do live in India? I lived in New-Delhi for 4 years :)
kerala , more specifically ' Kochi' .

Acropolis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Acropolis » 28 Apr 2010, 13:15

Speaking of Kimi's hair, I think that the short hair might be more stylish, but this wild hair probably means for him his new rebellion, his new freedom...And at some captions he almost looks angelic. Like the part in the new video where he is so carefree...I don't think he would allow to be filmed like that in F1....

luviceman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by luviceman » 28 Apr 2010, 13:36

Moominpappa wrote:
Anelise wrote:WRC Onboards: Turkey 2010: Raikkonen SS16. Requested by Juusua
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijTF-2tHiw
Very nice!

One fun thing just before six minutes, Kaitsu told Kimi: Now you must drive with your eyes open. (Vähän joudut ajamaan nyt silmät auki)
thank you Moominpappa for the translation :hug:
I learned vasen=left, oikea=right :lol:
it's nice to know how Kaj reads pace note in Finish even if it's only 2 words.
oh, one more word...sata=100 :C:

and thank you for your translation work and pictures, all :hug:

momo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by momo » 28 Apr 2010, 14:03

Anelise wrote:kimi raikkonen rally of turkey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZziGlLUPZk
Thank Anelise, I really appreciate all the hard work you do for us! :hug:

GRAZIE TANTO! :thumbsup:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 28 Apr 2010, 16:52

I had to watch the SS13 in-car footage again (I originally only watched the end). I just couldn't resist "kyrpä" :n. I feel a compelling need to share my insight on the "Oh p**** d***, s****!" matter. I think it's best to translate "vittu" as f***, "kyrpä" can be replaced with whatever is a very unpleasant name to call someone and "saatana", well, let's just pick some random swear word. So for example "You f***ing a**hole, s***!" is a good option. You're welcome children, another lesson Finnish learned :).

But I don't like Kimi dissing Jari-Matti like that :<>:.

By the way, did I hear correctly that Kaj accidentally called Jari-Matti "Jari-Mari" the first time he was mentioned? That would basically be "Jari-Mary". That and many other similar names are used of Jari-Matti on a spesific Finnish motorsport forum but I wonder if they're also used by the rally people themselves ''hmm''. I know it's like the lowest form of humor but every time someone refers to Latvala as "Jari-Marjaana" I pretty much poo my pants laughing :lol:.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 28 Apr 2010, 17:20

Dracaena wrote: You're welcome children, another lesson Finnish learned :).
:lol: Thanks Dracaena
we can go to Finnland now, we know the basics to communicate :lol:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 28 Apr 2010, 18:19

Kriss wrote:
+ 1!!!! :n

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 28 Apr 2010, 18:46

momo wrote:
Anelise wrote:kimi raikkonen rally of turkey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZziGlLUPZk
Thank Anelise, I really appreciate all the hard work you do for us! :hug:

GRAZIE TANTO! :thumbsup:
Welcome momo!!!!! :blush:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 28 Apr 2010, 19:50

Dracaena wrote: By the way, did I hear correctly that Kaj accidentally called Jari-Matti "Jari-Mari" the first time he was mentioned? That would basically be "Jari-Mary". That and many other similar names are used of Jari-Matti on a spesific Finnish motorsport forum but I wonder if they're also used by the rally people themselves ''hmm''. I know it's like the lowest form of humor but every time someone refers to Latvala as "Jari-Marjaana" I pretty much poo my pants laughing :lol:.
Kaj told something like that . I can watch the stage again tomorrow with headphones. I thought the first time that it was Jari-Marja.

Did you see from HS.fi that Mikko wants that Kimi take part of some competition week after rally Finland?
Hirvonen haastaa Räikkösen kisaamaan Helsinkiin

Mikko Hirvonen ja muut rallikuskit rentouvat ensi elokuussa Helsingin kalasataman moottorikisassa.

Helsingin Kalasatamassa on elokuun ensimmäisenä viikonloppuna varsinainen mestarien kokoontumisajo. Helsinki Motorsport Weekend -kisaan on lupautunut rallin MM-sarjan kärkikuljettajista Fordin Mikko Hirvosen ja Jari-Matti Latvalan lisäksi Petter ja Henning Solberg , Sebastien Ogier sekä moottoripyöräilijä Mika Kallio.

Entisiä maailmanmestareita ja muita eläkeläisiä edustavat puolestaan Tommi Mäkinen, Markko Märtin, Juha Kankkunen, Timo Salonen ja Markku Alen.

"Tarkoitus on ajaa samantapaisilla vehkeillä kuin mitä Kiinassa ajettiin Mestareiden kilpailussa, eli takamoottorisilla avonaisilla rata-autoilla, buggy-ajokeilla ja Legends-luokan autoilla", kisan yhtenä puuhamiehenä oleva Hirvonen kertoo STT:lle.

Viikon Jyväskylän MM-rallin jälkeen ajettava tapahtuma huipentuu sunnuntaina ajettavaan finaaliin. MM-sarjaa johtava Sebastien Loeb ei pääse muiden kiireiden takia paikalle, mutta Kimi Räikkösen osallistuminen on mahdollinen.

"Kutsu on lähtenyt, mutta vielä emme ole saaneet vastausta", Hirvonen sanoo.

Helsingissä tapahtumaa keskiviikkona esitelleen Hirvosen matka suuntautuu välittömästi kohti Uutta-Seelantia, jossa ajetaan kauden viides MM-ralli viikon päästä.

Hirvonen on MM-sarjassa kolmantena 41 pistettä sarjaa johtavasta Loebistä.
I miss a babysitter

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 29 Apr 2010, 03:07

^ Can somebody translate that, please? Kiitos, Pappa!
realms wrote:
dindi wrote:
kracer wrote:
dindi wrote:Which is the hottest country on earth? Maybe they should hold a rally there
and Kimi would have to take his clothes off...
How about here in Manila, dindi? :n

We've got the weather and we've got the horrible roads for the rally...except the car wouldn't move with the traffic! &doh :lol:
Actually, Chef!!! :::
actually if u come to my part of india ... we've got the hot weather and rains in the evening ( been like it for a couple of weeks now ).... i think u girls would like Kimi here
Hot, steamy, and wet Kimi... we like!!! :::

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 29 Apr 2010, 03:24

Dracaena wrote:...But I don't like Kimi dissing Jari-Matti like that :<>:.

By the way, did I hear correctly that Kaj accidentally called Jari-Matti "Jari-Mari" the first time he was mentioned? That would basically be "Jari-Mary". That and many other similar names are used of Jari-Matti on a spesific Finnish motorsport forum but I wonder if they're also used by the rally people themselves ''hmm''. I know it's like the lowest form of humor but every time someone refers to Latvala as "Jari-Marjaana" I pretty much poo my pants laughing :lol:
Kiitos, Teacher Drac!!!

LOL. Kaitsu is pretty good at coming up with nicknames for other drivers... Bag Lady and now, Jari-Mary. He's got a pretty mean sense of humor, methinks... no wonder he and Kimi get along so well!

What exactly did Kimi say about Jari-Mary, err, Jari Matti?
Kriss wrote:
Yeah! "How much is a fckng cup of coffee? Where the hell is the bus to Jyväskala? What in satan is your name? Oh, d**k. I have to go to bathroom." :lol:
Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:...Dunno whehter this pic was already posted? It´s Kimi and his race engineer Cedric Mazenq
http://i39.tinypic.com/17zrrd.jpg
Another addition to the Kimi Räikkönen fan club, joining Andrea Stella, Chris Dyer, Mark Slade, Martin Whitmarsh, Wily Rampf, etc. :::

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 29 Apr 2010, 05:23

Here's the Helsingin Sanomat-article that Moominpappa posted:
Hirvonen challenges Räikkönen to race in Helsinki

Mikko Hirvonen and other rally drivers will relax in August in a motor race held in Helsinki's Kalasatama.

There will be a real gathering of champions on the first weekend of August in Helsinki's Kalasatama. Of the WRC top drivers in addition to Ford's Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala also Petter and Henning Solberg and Sebastien Ogier have promised to participate, and so has MotoGP driver Mika Kallio.

Former world champions and other pentioners will be represented by Tommi Mäkinen, Markko Märtin, Juha Kankkunen, Timo Salonen and Markku Alen.

”We're supposed to be driving similar vehicles that were used in China in the race of champions, that is open rear-engine circuit cars, buggys and Legends cars”, Hirvonen, who is one of the organizers, tells STT.

The event, which takes place a week after the WRC rally in Jyväskylä, will climax on a final driven on Sunday. Sebastien Loeb, who leads the championship, is too busy to take part in the event but Kimi Räikkönen's participation is possible.

”An invitation has been sent but we still haven't got a reply”, says Hirvonen.

Hirvonen was in Helsinki on Wednesday to present the event and he will immediately head to New Zealand where the fifth WRC rally of the season will be driven in a week.

Hirvonen is third in the WRC series, 41 points behind the leader Loeb.

HS
http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/autourheilu/ar ... 5256449733

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 29 Apr 2010, 05:35

Thanks Dracaena. I was yesterday too tired to even try the translation.
I miss a babysitter

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 29 Apr 2010, 06:30

thanks everyone, it would be great, another rally, more videos, pics :shhh: