The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 27 Apr 2010, 15:19

KIMI: I'VE NEVER BEEN INTERESTED IN OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS

Kimi Räikkönen visited his sponsor's event in Finland where they showed the Iceman DNA-commercial.

Kimi's unique sponsor-event brought a handful of media people and a full hall of eager DNA-partners who got to see Finland's most famous celebrity in flesh.

Kimi was in a good mood and he answered with a smile to Anette Latva-Piikkilä's questions. He also compared himself to other f1-drivers and pondered what made him different from other talented drivers.

– Of course there's a lot of things, everyone is a different person. Of course a lot depends on who looks and who thinks whatever but I have never thought about what they think about me. And I haven't been interested in what they do, I've always tried to do just my own thing, Kimi revealed.

According to Kimi this strategy has always worked for him but the same recipe isn't necessarily the right one for others. Kimi reminded that a good car makes a big difference when thinking of success.

– You have to have a good car and a good team. The top drivers are yet quite even although there might be some small differences in some things. But the top drivers don't differ much from each other if you would put them in the same car, Kimi confessed.

(MTV3–ANN-MARI LEINONEN)
Last edited by Wolfie on 27 Apr 2010, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 27 Apr 2010, 15:20

Where are those pics coming from, Anelise? ''hmm''

He holds at ice hockey racket in his hand and he doesn't wear the goofy hat! :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Apr 2010, 15:30

IS THIS KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN'S NEW CAREER?

The Iceman got to try his wings as an actor when the sponsor DNA's commercial was filmed in Barcelona.

– It wasn't a torturing experience at all but I doubt I'll ever become a character-actor. It will never happen, Kimi laughed.

Kimi isn't planning on becoming an actor when he retires. Yet the experience was fun and left good memories.

– It was a relatively easy day although I say so myself about a thing that has never been close to my heart.

According to Kimi shooting the commercial was remarkably easier than taking care of things in the motorworld.

– Everything was organised really well and people were really helpful and knew what to do. Usually in rally or F1 a thing that takes 30 minutes usually takes 2,5 hours because nobody knows what to do. But this wasn't a torturing experience at all, Kimi praised his sponsor.

DNA's commerciall starred by Kimi has a lot of humour too because they are joking with cheap phone bills. With Kimi's earnings one wouldn't think that phone bills would be any big money-pit; Kimi has earned over 100 million euros during his career.

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 27 Apr 2010, 15:34

LadyR wrote:Where are those pics coming from, Anelise? ''hmm''

He holds at ice hockey racket in his hand and he doesn't wear the goofy hat! :lol:
http://www.mtv3.fi/ohjelmat/sivusto2008 ... at?1109812 :lol:

Denorth
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Denorth » 27 Apr 2010, 15:40

Nicole, Anelise - big thank you! :D
These Colours Don't Run!

Kimi, Always Kimi

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 27 Apr 2010, 15:48

Anelise, Nikki thank a lot :hug:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Apr 2010, 15:57

Anelise and Wolfie ... Thats a meaty piece of info.

Thanks. :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Apr 2010, 16:00

Thanks Anelise and Miezicat for finding these articles - one would think you were Finnish :lol:

RÄIKKÖNEN: I WILL ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING TO DO

Kimi Räikkönen drives in WRC this season. His plans for next season are completely open and Räikkönen isn't going to start worrying about the future yet. And he has no reason to do so either, like the man himself says: I will always find something to do.

Räikkönen came in 5th in Rally Turkey. Part of the stages were on tarmac.

- Of course it's somewhat more familiar to drive on gravel but there they drove on tarmac with gravel tyres and that's something completely new.

- Then when you drive with real tarmac-tyres it's going to be more like what I'm used to.

- When they have drove the same roads for 6-8 years the old hands have quite an advantage when they almost remember the roads by heart. That's where the difference comes from.

- In summer there will be few completely new tarmac-races so nobody has any advantage there.

Kimi's name has been flashed, again, in rumours concerning F1. Räikkönen admits that rumours are part of motorsport.

- Firstly there's a lot of reporters in the F1-world. Everybody wants to make stories and they interview a lot of people out of which some deliberately tell wrong things and some tell right things. Then everything gets quite mixed up, Räikkönen thinks.

- Everybody wants to do their own story. There has always been rumours and there will always be too.

There isn't much truth in the recent stories. They have tried to fit the Finn into F1 but at the moment Räikkönen is focused on rally.

- I only have a contract for this year so it could be that everything changes next year. I'm in no hurry to decide anything, there's still many months before I even need to start thinking about it.

The comeback to F1 is possible but Räikkönen admits the disadvantages of the sport. Without doubt the media banging is smaller in WRC than in F1 which is filled with rumours and media.

- Of course F1 is the sport I've been doing for a long time and doing it for my living. Of course you would want to do it but there are also a lot of other things you can do for your living.

- There's much of all kinds of useless things in F1 that many don't like. A lot of everything and people are fighting for useless things. It really doesn't belong there and it spoils many good things in the sport, Räikkönen thinks.

The contract with Red Bull is for this year. The Iceman is cool and calm when he talks about his future. The door to F1 isn't yet closed.

- Of course I have to see what next year brings with it. I don't have anything against F1 but I don't have a craving back there either. Of course things can change suddenly.

- I haven't worried much, I will always find something to do, Räikkönen ends the interview.

Why is Räikkönen's name on Guns´n Roses' new albums credits and what is his favourite movie? Watch YLE Urheilu's internet-program Urgent next Monday where you can hear more Räikkönen's thoughts.

YLE Urheilu

YAY, you can all watch it too, YLE let's everybody see them ;)
Last edited by Wolfie on 27 Apr 2010, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Apr 2010, 16:08

Miezicat, the video-link was about all the things MTV3 has written about but guess what.... I saw our sweet and dear Heikki Kulta sitting in the audience so we will get A LOT of Kimi-news during the next days ;)

Kiki
car driver
car driver

Post by Kiki » 27 Apr 2010, 16:14

Thank you Nicole and Anelise! :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 27 Apr 2010, 16:19

Oh, there's one thing I forgot to tell you!

My friend has just started working in a day care center for disabled children and when they were having a coffee break the head master said that who could the next celebrity be to come and visit us?

Kimi Räikkönen had paid them a visit not so long time ago, privately of course, and he talked to the children and spent time with them.

I bet he made it extra sure that it won't get out in the papers since earlier when he and Jenni paid a private visit to the Ward 10 - it's the ward meant for children with cancer - his only condition was that they could go there in private without media. Usually when celebrities visit the ward 10 they have pictures taken of them - it's a media event - but Kimi does these things in secret.

Heikki Kulta found out about it later and heard that Kimi brought gifts to all of them and had time to talk to every sick child there.

That is Kimi :hug:

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 27 Apr 2010, 16:21

Thanks Nicole and Miezicat!!!!!!! :hug:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 27 Apr 2010, 16:25

Thanks a lot wolfie and miezicat
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season