Kubi and his rallies

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Kubi and his rallies

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 23 Apr 2010, 09:25

:)

This weekend he will start at the rally Mille Miglia. Hope he has some more luck this time :)

http://mmcr.vysledky-rally.cz/rallyspor ... a/2all.php
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

TwoHardCore
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kubi and his rallies

Post by TwoHardCore » 23 Apr 2010, 10:19

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote::)

This weekend he will start at the rally Mille Miglia. Hope he has some more luck this time :)

http://mmcr.vysledky-rally.cz/rallyspor ... a/2all.php
It doesn't look like he has any luck with rallying. He's driven through SS2 with a gearbox stuck in one gear. He's already over 8 minutes behind after SS2.

Glad to see he is spending some time learning rally while he is on "off" weekends from F1. It'd be nice if in a couple years to see Kimi & Robert running rally in the forests.

Cheers,

THC
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
"

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 23 Apr 2010, 12:36

TwoHardCore wrote: It'd be nice if in a couple years to see Kimi & Robert running rally in the forests.
+ 1 :)

Kiki
car driver
car driver

Post by Kiki » 23 Apr 2010, 17:07

Kinga wrote:
TwoHardCore wrote: It'd be nice if in a couple years to see Kimi & Robert running rally in the forests.
+ 1 :)
+ 2
and Seb too!!! :O but that would take a few years since he's still so young.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Apr 2010, 05:59

So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Apr 2010, 06:00

So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Apr 2010, 06:00

Kubica took to work

Robert Kubica catch up with losses. After the failure of the gearbox on the first special stage on Friday Rally 1000 Miglia scored a huge advancement.

Transmission locks in fourth gear and Kubica crossed the 75 km section of a malfunctioning car technically.

Starting every day in a Formula 1 Pole lost his lead in the A6 class (cars with engine capacity of 1600 ccm and front-wheel drive), which won the prologue on Thursday. After a whole day to the leader class A6 Italian Mario Corsiniego loses more than eleven minutes and is eighth.

Promotion Kubica scored in the general classification, which moved from 76th the 49th place, losing 19.50. At the head of the general classification is the three Italians. Maintained by Paolo Andreucci (Peugeot 207 S2000), second place is taken by Giandomenico Basso (Fiat Punto Abarth S2000), winner of the event in 2004, 2007 and 2009 - loss of 4.7 seconds and thirds Luca Rossetti (Fiat Punto Abarth S2000) - loss 39 , 9 p.

On Saturday, drivers have to drive seven special stages. The route of the rally along with access roads has 845 km. The first crew at the finish line in Brescia is expected on Saturday after an hour in 1915, the announcement of results and prize giving will take place late in the evening at the central Piazza della Vittoria.

link:
http://www.eurosport.pl/sporty-motorowe ... tory.shtml

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Apr 2010, 08:49

so far today Kubica is kicking some real butts. He has topped in both SS8 and SS9 in his own class which is A6.

Or else in overall he is improving by leaps and bounds..

Good one from robert!!

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 24 Apr 2010, 09:16

is the car any good ?

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 24 Apr 2010, 15:26

luieluv wrote:so far today Kubica is kicking some real butts. He has topped in both SS8 and SS9 in his own class which is A6.

Or else in overall he is improving by leaps and bounds..

Good one from robert!!
Thanks Luie :hug:

Go Robert :wave: :thumbsup: :cool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Apr 2010, 16:54

Rally Mille Miglia - Andreucci leads Robert Kubica

Paolo Andreucci riding a Peugeot 207 Super 2000 has widened his lead to 28.6 seconds, and probably lead. The second is Giandomenico Basso, who has lost a lot of time when I grabbed the first Oesia puncture. In third place ranks Luca Rosetti. The day started well Robert Kubica - the first two episodes in the class won, and the third was fifth.

The first of today oes bequeathed to your account Luca Rosetti. 1.2 seconds less than the winner went to the rally leader. Renato Travaglia was third (9.8). Robert Kubica probably won class A6 oes and was 21 in the general classification. The second of the Poles, Maciek Oleksowicz came in 40 matches.

rajdy DOT v10 DOT pl

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Apr 2010, 16:55

Credits : To Shasank from Orkut
Last edited by luieluv on 24 Apr 2010, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

TwoHardCore
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by TwoHardCore » 24 Apr 2010, 17:12

Go Bob!

I think he won 4 or 5 stages today for his class and looks like he'd make a great addition to the WRC series!

You know, I never see him smiling or happy in the F1 paddock, similar to Kimi. I'd wager that he'd witness a night/day difference if he were to quit F1 and go rallying full-time like Kimi. And if I were judging his abilities from reading his times, I'd say he'd make a really good transition, much like Kimi.

Thanks for the news & pics luieluv!

Great work Robert :thumbsup:

THC
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
"

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 24 Apr 2010, 18:10

Kubica / Gerber 39th Rally in the Mille Miglia

Robert Kubica was flown by James Gerber reached the finish line Mille Miglia Rally, crowning his 39th start position in the overall standings and 6th in your [A6] class.

The fastest in the class proved to be a Pole, Massimiliano Corsini. Kubica [Renault Clio S1600] particularly pleased to be remembered episodes of Colle San Eusebio, Cavallino Tremosine 2 and 2, which show off the best results.

In the context of an intensive weekend is regrettable that the Polish team lost more than 10 minutes due to gearbox failure and punishment I'm late. The total loss to the victorious Kubica Paolo Andreucciego [Peugeot 207 S2000] was 25 minutes and 58 seconds.

The winner of the race was - who else - the aforementioned Paolo Andreucci. For the Tuscan is the fourth road triumph of northern Italy [formerly 2000, 2006 and 2008].

f1zone DOT pl

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 24 Apr 2010, 20:09

TwoHardCore wrote:Go Bob!

I think he won 4 or 5 stages today for his class and looks like he'd make a great addition to the WRC series!

You know, I never see him smiling or happy in the F1 paddock, similar to Kimi. I'd wager that he'd witness a night/day difference if he were to quit F1 and go rallying full-time like Kimi. And if I were judging his abilities from reading his times, I'd say he'd make a really good transition, much like Kimi.

Thanks for the news & pics luieluv!

Great work Robert :thumbsup:

THC
+1 :shhh:

TWH, both of them really could race in rally someday. Here are some old interviews with Kubica from TS, the first one is from 2008:

THE LOVE FOR KARTING AND RALLY MADE KUBICA KIMI'S FRIEND

TS-SPECIAL

Turun Sanomat, Sao Paulo
HEIKKI KULTA

Robert Kubica has a new friend on the F1-grid - the Polish guy and the 29 year old Finn have a lot more in common that just personalities.

-It was unbelieavable to see how a mutual first love - karting - can get these guys together. Their eyes were sparkling from excitment and they seem to still know everything that goes on on the karting-level, Kubica's manager Daniele Morelli smiles.

Kubica has just started his own karting-team in Italy and who would be better to give hints than Raikköinen, who has a longer experience of his own BMW- and F3-teams.

Turun Sanomat got the year's driver Kubica's special interview in Interlagos.

What kind of relationship do you have with Kimi?

- I used to think Kimi was a different person than now when I have been talking with him longer.

- Kimi is a strange guy. During 3 years we exchanged only a couple words. Then we met in Singapore and Japan, sat down, started talking and talked for long. Kimi likes karting just like I do too.

- We were already joking that in our next career we will be racing together in rally. It would be totally fantastic. To be honest, I hope it happens. It would be great to some day get to race in for example Finland's WC-rally. We will wait and see what happens, Kubica says with enthusiasm.

Both Kubica and Räikkönen are known as men who talk very straightly about things. Neither one of them can do politics at all.

- Maybe a personality like we have isn't good for F1. I think that's the reason that we like karting so much. We agree that karting is the most genuine racing. We would both want that F1 would be more like karting still is. Karting-times were a real pleasure and gave me as a race driver the most, Kubica says.

Räikkönen also says that Kubica is a nice and fair guy.

- Robert knows Toni Vilander well and that way we just started talking. It was nice to talk when we have a lot of mutual interests, Kimi said.

THE TWO MOST FAIR DRIVERS ON THE TRACK

One thing Kubica and Kimi have in common is also the great respect they get from their fellow racers for their fairness on track.

- I would say that the battle I had with Kimi in Japan was in it's own class. It was very fair from both of us. We were side by side but I didn't make a move to the side. I gave him room and I would say that in that situation there was mutual respect for each other as racers and it could be set as an example for everyone.

- It isn't always like that. Some drivers behave totally wrong and try to push the other one out. Of course it's a more effective way to defend your place. But it can come back to you, Kubica reminds.

- A year ago I had also in Fuji a battle with Felipe Massa but it was much more dirtier. He tried to push me out off the track but I gave a little back. It was kind of nice in the rain.

- The truth is though that tough battles in F1 are very, very rare. If count my own experiences from this season there aren't many. That's why you remember the biggest one.

Where does the line between a fair and an unfair battle go?

- It depends on the driver. Some of us are fair, some aren't. It's difficult to say exactly where to draw the line. It depends much on the circumstances, Kubica thinks.
Last edited by Wolfie on 24 Apr 2010, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL