The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Kriss » 19 Apr 2010, 17:58

thank you :hug: :hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 19 Apr 2010, 20:40

Busts of six former winners of the Formuala One Chinese Grand Prix stand in a park adjacent to the Shanghai International Circuit, the venue of the Chinese Grand Prix, in Shanghai, China, Saturday, April 17, 2010. Bronze statues of F1 magnate Bernie Ecclestone and the six former winners of the Chinese Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso and Rubens Barrichello, were unveiled Saturday in th epark. (AP Photo)

I have no idea which one is Kimi :confused:

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 19 Apr 2010, 21:04

Kriss wrote:
Busts of six former winners of the Formuala One Chinese Grand Prix stand in a park adjacent to the Shanghai International Circuit, the venue of the Chinese Grand Prix, in Shanghai, China, Saturday, April 17, 2010. Bronze statues of F1 magnate Bernie Ecclestone and the six former winners of the Chinese Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso and Rubens Barrichello, were unveiled Saturday in th epark. (AP Photo)

I have no idea which one is Kimi :confused:
Thanks Kriss!!! I agree with you, it's really hard to tell where is Kimi!!! :confused:

BTW, this picture you have posted reminded me that in Hungary in 2008, in the Hungaroring Circuit they have made a square to pay a tribute to the F1 drivers.

Here is Kimi:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iqek1UNA-ZE/S ... h/Kimi.jpg

The other drivers you can see here: http://octetort.blogspot.com/2008/07/pi ... ronze.html

Ludy :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 19 Apr 2010, 21:23

Kiki
car driver
car driver

Post by Kiki » 19 Apr 2010, 21:53

:lol: He doesn't look like Kimi maybe his eyebrows and hair are similar, definitely not his nose. ''hmm'' :p
Ice-Ludy wrote:http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iqek1UNA-ZE/S ... h/Kimi.jpg
:blink: OMG he looks disfigured!...or drunk. :rofl: :rofl:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 19 Apr 2010, 21:57

Dracaena wrote:
I opened the link to a new tab and when I looked at it after a while I had already forgotten that Heikki was supposed to be in there. I spent a long while pondering why there's an old man from the Soviet Union in there with the young F1 drivers. Then I read the names and well, some hilarity ensued :lol:...
Boudica wrote:
apple wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:
Dracaena wrote:A translating question for the Finns. How would you translate "ulosajo", is there a simple word for it? (Feel like an idiot asking this :blush:).
I don't know exactly. Drive out perhaps.
There is no direct translation I guess. "Driving off the road" is perhaps the nearest.
Of course I don't know anything about Finnish, however if you mention the words "drive out" or driving off the road" perhaps the English equivalent you guys are looking for is "excursion".
Thanks for your input guys :), I guess driving off the road simply is the best phrase to use. I'll have to remember "excursion" also.
In racing terms or when talking about motorsport excursion always means driving off the road or track, however when used in general English, it could also mean other things. It happens sometimes that one word are used differently, or means different things, depending on the genre or subject. However, it wouldn't surprise me if you guys had specific or unique words for racing, as mototrsport is so popular in Finland. :)

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 19 Apr 2010, 21:59

That doesn't look like Kimi, the one in Hungary is much better. :lol:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 20 Apr 2010, 03:06

his nose is tooooooooo big :zz:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 20 Apr 2010, 05:35

Boudica wrote: In racing terms or when talking about motorsport excursion always means driving off the road or track, however when used in general English, it could also mean other things. It happens sometimes that one word are used differently, or means different things, depending on the genre or subject. However, it wouldn't surprise me if you guys had specific or unique words for racing, as mototrsport is so popular in Finland. :)
Thanks a lot! I believe that excursion = ulosajo. In Finnish there is no sense in word are you driving out the road on racing or in normal traffic. Of course same thing can be told many different ways. In finnish is also lot of words which have more than one sense, depends how it is used. Btw. I like playing in words but only in Finnish. :blush:
I miss a babysitter

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 20 Apr 2010, 06:05

bwhahaa really?!? :lol: doesn't resemble Kimi... actually it looks little bit like Ewan McGragor ... maybe they have mixed it with him when making the statue? :lol:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 20 Apr 2010, 06:48

I miss a babysitter

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 20 Apr 2010, 07:08

Those links don´t work for me :(
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 20 Apr 2010, 07:14

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:
Those links don´t work for me :(
If you try with Firefox you might need some add on. How about IE?
I miss a babysitter

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 20 Apr 2010, 07:29

What up guys :)
Another forum joined, another place to hang out :D

I am looking for an article. It was posted on the other forum I think but I was shocked to see that the topic was not only closed but completely deleted? Thats pretty crazy.

Maybe Wolfie or some of you others remember it. It has a segment where it says that Kimi has complained to Kaj that he doesnt feel that the car really "goes". As in - feels slow compared to what he is used to. I think it was way back around Sweden time. Or maybe even leading up to Sweden.
I know its a lot to ask, but maybe someone remembers :)
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 20 Apr 2010, 07:40

Hey, Soren! :wave: Sorrily I don't remember that article. :(

Moominpappa, thanks for those videos. Awesome stuff!!!! :lol: