The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Dracaena » 18 Apr 2010, 16:59

Moominpappa wrote:
Dracaena wrote:Welcome marrie17 :wave:.
Off-Topic: show
I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad when I told about the link to this site being posted in the previous forum (not you marrie or the person who posted it), I was just passing on information :).
Welcome marrie17 :wave:
Mutta eikös olekin säälittävää peesailla meikeläisiä kolmanteen jutustelupaikkaan :roll::
No älä! Täytyy jo melkein ruveta ihailemaan tota sinnikkyyttä (mutta vaan melkein) :lol:.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Apr 2010, 17:09

rko281 wrote:great, great result from Kimi :thumbsup:

P.S. someone is really looking for trouble .... :cool:
Welcome rko281, Bono, acropolis, marrie17 (hope I remembered you all) :hug:

I don't think that we have to worry about anyone looking for trouble :n
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Apr 2010, 17:13

marrie17 wrote:Hi guys! i'm new here and i have been wondering where have the kimi bunch gone to this time around...i posted a question on the last thread and somebody gave me the link to this site. so, i'm very sorry if that has caused the access for some antikimis or trolls to this forum.i didn't mean to do that. i have been a kimi fan since 2006 and kimi immediately got my attention the firdt time i saw him on the tv. i'm just the typical female fan of kimi. lurking around various forums and sites about kimi have been the source of news about him and my usual everyday "kimi therapy". maybe just like many other ''have been'' lurking kimi fans. i got nervous the second time the kimi bunch have gone somewhere else again, so i'm glad i finally got here. i've always loved the happy atmosphere amongst you guys, the passionate spirit, and the witty chats. i dont think i can contribute any worthy materials here, so i wont be posting much, just wanna read through. so i guess people can already find out the reason why i registered here.
btw; it's almost unbelievable that for a rally rookie, kimi has scored wrc points two times in a row in just 4 rallies! i believe there will be much more coming from him this year! Cheers to the king Raikkonen!! :shhh:

p/s: pardon for my amateur english
Of course you have a lot to contribute, just by writing this and that :hug:

King Räikkönen :shhh:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 18 Apr 2010, 17:14

Wolfie wrote:

I've just Banned "Wild" for being a "Troll" :zz: - Please report any unwanted user so I can ban him :zz:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Apr 2010, 17:15

Toshiya wrote:
Kriss wrote:
Toshiya wrote:Hi, glad I managed to find all the Kimi fans again. I'm losing track of all the forums I'm joining now though! :lol:

Nice to see him pick up more points in Rally Turkey! Although I hope he returns to F1 in 2011 he's doing pretty well and it's nice to see him smiling so much :)
@welcome@ :wave:
Thanks. It's great to see all of the articles again, it's my main source of Kimi news :)
Welcome Toshiya :hug:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Apr 2010, 17:17

iceman1 wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

I've just Banned "Wild" for being a "Troll" :zz: - Please report any unwanted user so I can ban him :zz:
You are the best, thank you :hug:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 18 Apr 2010, 17:20

Wolfie wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Thank you! I was just thinking that Wild might ruin our celebration!

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 18 Apr 2010, 17:45

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
What did he do so wrong? :huh:

realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by realms » 18 Apr 2010, 17:55

If I remember correctly it looked like a post with an agenda ... start off with the positive ( otherwise it's plain obvious ) then say Alonso is doing good against massa ( and here we were totally off with f1 or back to f1 stuff ) , which wasn't necessary

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 18 Apr 2010, 17:57

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
Fantastic, I actually laughed when I read that! :lol: This is a good place! :thumbsup:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 18 Apr 2010, 18:02

What has happened? I am just as out as the snow man, again. :blink:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 Apr 2010, 18:03

amoljoshi wrote: What did he do so wrong? :huh:
Ban us from one forum, follow to another and then came here. Seen that guy.
I miss a babysitter

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 18 Apr 2010, 18:14

Moominpappa wrote:
Dracaena wrote:A translating question for the Finns. How would you translate "ulosajo", is there a simple word for it? (Feel like an idiot asking this :blush:).
I don't know exactly. Drive out perhaps.
There is no direct translation I guess. "Driving off the road" is perhaps the nearest.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 18 Apr 2010, 19:01

Who remembers Rally Sweden?

I went looking for what the Swedish papers had to say and found an article from Rally Sweden by NWT, a local paper:

CHAOS WHEN KIMI ENTERED THE SCENE

NWT wrestled their way up front and got an exclusive chat with the mega-star

We have seldom seen a chaos like this in the rally-world. When the ex F1-driver Kimi Räikkönen entered the scene in Citroen's press conference in Sweden, the photographers and reporters were going over each other. I got a big tv-camera in my head.

Kimi Räikkönen is a mega-star. Sebastien Loeb was completely in the shadows in Citroen's press conference.

Kimi Räikkönen's co-driver Kaj Lindström calls the hullabaloo around his driver 'crazy' but tells that Kimi feels more and more at home in the more peaceful rally-world than he felt in the F1-circus.

Citroën's media representant was desperately pleading with the media to take many steps back.

– This is completely crazy, Kaj Lindström says.

And he has been a co-driver to Tommi Mäkinen who has won the championship four times in a row.

– Rally Sweden will be much more difficult than Arctic Rally. The surface and the stages are so different. I made quite many mistakes in Arctic Rally. Hopefully I have learned from them. And when it comes down to it a rally car has a steering wheel and four wheels just like a F1-car has.

The hullabaloo around Kimi is enormous and will go on for the whole year. Sebastien Loeb is the best rally driver of all times but still the media hardly noticed him in Citroën's press conference.

– Please. Show some respect and listen, Citroên's media representant pleaded when Loeb started talking.

– I'm forced to be both a co-driver and a bodyguard to Kimi. He has to get some peace at times. It's such an enormous hullabaloo around him all the time, Kaj Lindström says.

”Kimi feels more safer now”

But he thinks he already sees a change in the constantly hunted F1-star.

– Kimi is starting to notice that all people in rally are much more friendlier than those he was surrounded by in F1 are. Here it's almost only about the sport itself and I can see how he likes it and feels more safer.

Kimi stepped into the press conference and looked uninterested and lazy just like he looked like in F1. But at some point Kaj Lindström's words became true. Kimi melted, smiled many times and didn't answer shortly anymore.

The finn is a passionate icehockey-fan. NWT had to ask him:

Did you know that Karlstad has one of Europe's best icehockey-leages?
– Oh yes, I know your leage, Kimi smiles and the interest makes his eyes sparkle.

The pair Räikkönen/Lindström doesn't feel any pressure before the WRC-debut.

– Just remember that Kimi has only had five rallies before this. All the others have had at least 20, Lindström said.

– This reminds me of what it was like when I was young and was going up to another racing class. Rally is going to be an enormous challenge for me and I will learn something new on each kilometer, Kimi said.

In F1 you drive on tarmac. Is it going to be your favourite surface?
– Don't know. I have mostly drove on snow but I dig gravel.

A contender crashed into Kimi during recce on Tuesday.
– It wasn't a biggy. And I knew the bloke but am not going to say who it was.

A countryman?
– Haha! Yes.

After that Kimi puts his hap on his forehead and leaves the chaos while the rest of the drivers stay and mingle in a familiar way with the media.

There is a difference between a star and a mega-star but still we got closer to Kimi than the F1-reporters ever did!

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 18 Apr 2010, 19:06

Thanks Wolfie. Kimi might get now more free from media?
I miss a babysitter