Formula 1 vs. Nascar

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Formula 1 vs. Nascar

Post by phillyred79 » 12 May 2007, 17:36

Do any of your friends ever snub you for being a bigger fan of F1 than Nascar? I find I'm always getting bashed for being an F1 fan. Not that I care at all. The only, ONLY, thing that is good about Nascar is that it is a little more competitive and that some of the races are determined in closing laps where as in F1 you pretty much know who will be in the podium half-way through. Other than that, the sheer beauty of an F1 car in all its spectacular livery and technology is enough to keep me glued to the TV. And that sound.... OHHHH that sound... I miss the V10s though.... Poor Nascar people....

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 May 2007, 17:44

F1- circuit, open wheels, $1,000,000+ build cost of each car, 200+ on most if not all tracks, carbon fiber, mid-engine, mid driver, and most of all contact = lights out

Nascar- oval/very few circuit, tube frames, based on either ford dodge or chevrolet family sedans for body, ~$600,000 build cost, closed wheeled, lucky if hit 200, and contact lots of contact.
In my opinion, Nascar is too boring...except maybe the crashes. But that's evil...so I just don't like it.

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 12 May 2007, 18:28

Yup... The math is pretty simple...!

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 13 May 2007, 19:20

ha ha ha nascar...people who loves nascar just have no idea

shadow_girl26
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by shadow_girl26 » 13 May 2007, 21:28

Nascar is boring.....F1 is more intersting and Better :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

VISIT THE SPANISH KIMI RAIKKONEN FORUM: http://z7.invisionfree.com/KimiRaikkonen_Iceman/

Marco A.
car driver
car driver

Post by Marco A. » 13 May 2007, 21:57

F1 is much better.

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 13 May 2007, 22:12

There is no denying that F1 is better than NASCAR in my opinion. ....... but it seems that I am nearly the only NASCAR fan here according to this thread and 2 threads I opened up about NASCAR in "Motorsport World" .... but yet again in my opinion.... there really is no denying that todays Nextel race produced better racing and excitement than Spains overtaking mad F1 Race.

theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by theo » 13 May 2007, 22:16

well yeah super aguri is right, but still, i love F1!
GO KIMIIII....

hahakla
car driver
car driver

Post by hahakla » 13 May 2007, 22:39

f1 is cool so is nascar but champcar is cool also

i would say f1 and champcars (robert doornbos goooo kick some ass) :P

Redneck70
car driver
car driver

Post by Redneck70 » 06 Jun 2007, 03:34

C'mon ask JPM I'm sure you'll get an answer. I live in the south. so nascar has been in my blood since i was born, @ 37 i watched my 1st f1 race a year ago..why?? Because you have to finish 1 through 8 to get points plus you can race in the rain plus there are rules but the stay the same. i am a big earnhardt fan but i am also a f1 fan and would rather watch an f1 race on sunday as opposed to a nascar race. I will always love nascar and will watch but i have to say there is something about those f1 cars and teams that i respect and will for a long time to come. cant wait for canada and the U.S grand prixs.......
Redneck70

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 06 Jun 2007, 08:12

I don't really like nor watch Nascar... F1 has been my life for most of my life and the only other motorsports that come close are the GP2 races and MotorGP :mrgreen:...

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 06 Jun 2007, 10:11

I prefer F1 to Nascar, just find the ovals too boring, but have to say some of the crashes in nascar are spectacular. But F1 is better for me

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 07 Jun 2007, 03:49

Super Aguri wrote:There is no denying that F1 is better than NASCAR in my opinion. ....... but it seems that I am nearly the only NASCAR fan here according to this thread and 2 threads I opened up about NASCAR in "Motorsport World" .... but yet again in my opinion.... there really is no denying that todays Nextel race produced better racing and excitement than Spains overtaking mad F1 Race.
AGREED!

Been to F1 races and Nascar races and the NASCAR races (especially at the super speedways) are WAY more exciting than F1. Hands down better entertainment, competition and value. There's action EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK! The party scene is better at Nascar too.

I spent most of the GPs I went to watching the big screens and turning to the track occasionally to see cars go by single file. At the nascar races i partied until just before the green flag and partied well after the checkered flag. I'll watch f1 on TV but will never spend the horrendous amount of money ever again.

LeMans however is better than both F1 and NASCAR... better value too... Nothing beats campingright along the race track and getting some ZZzzzzs to the sound of 700+HP v10s! ;)

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 07 Jun 2007, 15:56

BANANAGP wrote:
Super Aguri wrote:There is no denying that F1 is better than NASCAR in my opinion. ....... but it seems that I am nearly the only NASCAR fan here according to this thread and 2 threads I opened up about NASCAR in "Motorsport World" .... but yet again in my opinion.... there really is no denying that todays Nextel race produced better racing and excitement than Spains overtaking mad F1 Race.
AGREED!

Been to F1 races and Nascar races and the NASCAR races (especially at the super speedways) are WAY more exciting than F1. Hands down better entertainment, competition and value. There's action EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK! The party scene is better at Nascar too.

I spent most of the GPs I went to watching the big screens and turning to the track occasionally to see cars go by single file. At the nascar races i partied until just before the green flag and partied well after the checkered flag. I'll watch f1 on TV but will never spend the horrendous amount of money ever again.

LeMans however is better than both F1 and NASCAR... better value too... Nothing beats campingright along the race track and getting some ZZzzzzs to the sound of 700+HP v10s! ;)
I see your points guys and good ones at that... Oval track racing is nice b/c as BANANAGP said, you can see the whole race as it goes on and watch all the mini-races going on way back in the field.. I've never been to an F1 event, but would like to go just once some day.. Watching F1 from my comfy couch at home is the best place to watch road course racing in general.. However, I would imagine the best seat for an F1 event is behind the wheel! 8)

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 07 Jun 2007, 16:58

phillyred79 wrote: Oval track racing is nice b/c as BANANAGP said, you can see the whole race as it goes on and watch all the mini-races going on way back in the field..
You know this is also something I hate about F1 coverage... you can never see the racing in the mid field... it's always the lead guys with snipets of racing behind and WAY too much time showing pit action.

That's another things about Nascar, the strategy is much more exciting... there's nothing like seeing 30 cars trying to get into and out of the pits at the same time!

A friend had a service that F1 provided which gave you the ablity to choose different cameras (they were basicall 6 or seven channels you could choose... THAT was terrific...

F1 has all these TV licencing agreements which basically mean we're limited in what we see so whatever racing there is in F1 we never see it. In two races I racall only two passes! WTF?

Sorry for the rant everyone...