Rally of Turkey 2010

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
realms
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rally of Turkey 2010

Post by realms » 15 Apr 2010, 08:50

Claudie_Schnaudie wrote:Oh man after this crappy week I am really looking forward for this rally :shhh:
Raikkonen has received advice from his countryman Anton Alen, the son of former WRC legend Markku, ahead of Rally of Turkey. Alen came close to winning the FIAT Rally, which used a similar route to Turkey’s new WRC qualifier, back in 2007.
and what exactly is the advice ? tips to attack i hope :)
Alen was competing last year in one of those finland rallies ? i remember the name . ( or is he in WRC too ... i've never really checked the other names in WRC :D )

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Apr 2010, 08:54

WOW great start of a (hopefully) wonderful weekend !yahoo: !yahoo:

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 15 Apr 2010, 09:29

Kriss wrote:WOW great start of a (hopefully) wonderful weekend !yahoo: !yahoo:
omg those smileys go over the top with excitement :lol: :lol:

go Kimster! I know shakedown times don't tell a lot but at least he set a good time !Great!

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 15 Apr 2010, 10:17

Nice start to the competition.
I miss a babysitter

miezicat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by miezicat » 15 Apr 2010, 10:19

hello! :wave: gosh, you are hard to follow! :lol:

press conference will start soon I think so finaly we will get some pics :C:

and to continue the football talk here, Barca will win, no doubt. :shhh:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Apr 2010, 10:33

welcome miezicat :)

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... s+-+Friday++
Rally of Turkey stage guides - Friday

After Thursday afternoon’s ceremonial start in Istanbul, the proper competitive action of Rally of Turkey kicks off on Friday with one of the longest road trips of the season.

Driving non-competitive liaison sections between Special Stages is one of the features that sets rallying apart from other forms of motorsport, but Friday’s opening day in Turkey is one of the most extreme examples. With 98km of timed stages and a marathon 333km of road sections, Friday’s liaison to stage ratio is one of the lowest of the year at just 27 per cent.

After leaving the Service Park from 0800hrs, crews trek northeast for a loop of four consecutive stages before returning to Pendik for a 30-minute service. In the afternoon crews repeat the same four stages before another long drive to the asphalt Superspecial in Istanbul. The 45-minute end of day service gets underway at 2130hrs.

Here are our wrc.com stage notes for Friday’s stages. Under the summaries you'll find our list of essential website links to help you follow the rally via our live results service.

SS1/SS5: Darlik. 15.66km
Rally of Turkey begins with one of its toughest stages. Darlik winds down the side of a valley from the start, then becomes super fast as it reaches the valley floor and crosses over a dam wall. It's an awkward piece of road, with lots of adverse camber corners and no natural flow, so it will be tricky for the drivers to settle into any kind of comfortable rhythm. Of note in this stage is the number of huge, blind crests - it’s like a roller coaster in places. Generally the stage winds through open countryside but things slow a bit in last third as it goes through a tighter tree-lined section.

SS2/SS6: Karabeyli. 8.23km
In contrast to Darlik, Karabeyli is generally quite narrow but the road flows a bit better. It’s one of the few stages in Turkey to have a consistent surface; there's generally a light covering of gravel over a hard packed base, so if it stays dry this stage will clean quite a lot. The stage ends in a tree-lined section on the valley floor.

SS3/SS7: Bozgoca. 13.52km
The third stage of the loop is a tale of two distinct halves. It starts hard and fast - like Karabeyli - then at the midway point it turns left on to a more open moorland road with no natural flow to it - like Darlik. After climbing uphill and then dropping down into the valley from the start, the stage becomes fairly quick and flowing from the 7km point. In general, there is a thicker layer of gravel on the road surface here than the previous two, so it should clean only in some places.

SS4/SS8: Halli. 9.60km
Run entirely through open land, this stage is absolutely flat out from start to finish except for two chicanes in the last two kilometres to bring speeds down. Even including these measures Halli is likely to be the fastest stage of the rally. The route features a number of flat out blind crests, and a huge jump across tarmac road at the 3km point. The surface is quite smooth and should clean throughout.

SS9: SSS Istanbul. 2.20km
The day ends with an all-asphalt head-to-head Superspecial in central Istanbul. The stage was measured at 1.8km during the recce. The layout is extremely technical; with numerous hairpin corners, an extremely steep jump and a tunnel to negotiate. Running an asphalt stage on gravel tyres is going to limit the amount of grip available here - and things will get worse if it rains.

Follow these links to see the Rally of Turkey Start lists, Timetable and Entry List.

Stage and Split times will be beamed here live throughout the competition.

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 15 Apr 2010, 10:40

luieluv wrote:After 4 runs on todays Shakedown in Turkey, Petter Solberg were happy with the setup for the rally car. He ended with the 5th fastest time. Sebastien Loeb set the fastest time. Shakedown is the final test before the rally starts.

- This is going to be a hard and challenging rally. Stages are fast, but rocks and sand makes them difficult. I guess we will see some punctures here, especially on Saturday’s stages. The car worked perfect at Shakedown today, and I’m looking forward to finally start tomorrow, says Petter Solberg.

The Shakedown test took place at a 4,75km closed road, 28kms from Pendik servicepark.

Shakedown times;
Loeb, Citroën 2.30,8
Sordo, Citroën 2.31,1
Hirvonen, Ford 2.31,7
Henning, Ford 2.32,2
Petter, Citroën 2.32,5
Ogier, Citroën 2.32,5
Räikkönen, Citroën 2.33,1 :shhh: :C: !yahoo:
Latvala, Ford 2.33,1
Villagra, Ford 2.33,7
Wilson, Ford 2.35,2

Link:
http://www.pettersolberg.com/html/2010/ ... of-turkey/
Thanks luieluv!!! :thumbsup:

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 15 Apr 2010, 10:47

Welcome Bourbon and Miezicat! :wave:

Boy, I just had to read 6 pages since I haven't been able to get on here as much as I want to. :(

I hope I don't have to read to many pages this coming weekend, meaning hope I can be here a lot of the time :pray:

Thanks for the translation of the Finland rally some pages back, Nikki, I just noticed it here now. :hug:

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 15 Apr 2010, 11:06

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=10 ... Shakedown+
15/4/10
Citroen duo quickest in Turkey Shakedown

Defending World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb was the fastest driver at the pre-event shakedown for Rally of Turkey earlier today, with his Citroen team-mate Dani Sordo his closest rival.

The four-hour test took place on a 4.75km stage in Kandilli, 28km east of the main Service Park in Pendik. Weather conditions were dry and sunny throughout with a temperature peaking at 17 degrees Celsius.

Loeb was the first driver to tackle the stage - giving himself a taste of what the conditions will be like on Friday when, as championship leader, he is stage opener. The Frenchman drove the stage four times, setting his best time - 2min 30.8sec - on his final pass.

Underlining the road cleaning effect, Sordo's second-fastest time (2min 31.1sec) also came on his fourth and final run. BP Ford Abu Dhabi Team driver Mikko Hirvonen rounded off the top three times, punching in a 2min 31.7sec run on his fourth attempt.

Kimi Raikkonen's rally got off to an encouraging start. The winner of the 2005 Formula One race in Turkey was joint seventh-fastest on gravel today, setting the same time as factory Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala.

After a ceremonial start in the Istanbul this evening, the opening stage of the rally, the 15.66km Darlik, gets underway at 0903hrs on Friday. Follow this link to find out how to follow the rally LIVE and FREE here on wrc.com.

Here are the Shakedown times of the WRC drivers:

1. LOEB. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:30.8
2. SORDO. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:31.1
3. HIRVONEN. Ford Focus RS WRC 09. 2:31.7
4. H.SOLBERG. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:32.2
=5. P. SOLBERG. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:32.5
=5. OGIER. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:32.5
=7. RAIKKONEN. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:33.1
=7. LATVALA. Ford Focus RS WRC 09. 2:33.1
9. VILLAGRA. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:33.7
10. WILSON. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:35.2
11. BLOCK. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:38.5
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 15 Apr 2010, 11:18

woooohooooo Goooo Kimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shhh: :C: !yahoo:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 15 Apr 2010, 11:21

Can't wait Kaj's comments from shakedown.
I miss a babysitter

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 15 Apr 2010, 11:25

Moominpappa wrote:Can't wait Kaj's comments from shakedown.
:lol: So, you think Kimi won't say anything?! :O

Anyway, it's so nice to read/hear Kaj's comments, he is very wise and realistic. Plus he trusts in Kimi and in his skills. :)

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 15 Apr 2010, 11:30

http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/turk ... lindstrom/

Turkey should suit Raikkone, says Linstrom
15th April 2010
By Anthony Peacock
Kimi Raikkonen’s co-driver, Kaj Lindstrom, thinks that the Rally of Turkey should be the event that is best-suited to the 2007 Formula 1 World Champion so far.

Raikkonen scored his first World Rally Championship points by finishing eighth in Jordan two weeks ago, but he described the Middle East event as being the most difficult one he had faced in his short rally career so far.

Now he comes to Turkey – and Lindstrom believes that the wide and flowing stages should suit Raikkonen’s style of driving much more. “He likes the fast and wide stuff,” said Lindstrom. “There are some bits on this rally that are really quick; I’m sure he’ll enjoy that. Getting points in Jordan was great, and that’s obviously going to be our aim again. But it’s important to remember that Kimi still has so little experience of rallying compared to everyone else.”

Raikkonen made some small adjustments to the suspension set-up of his car during the shakedown stage near the Istanbul Park circuit this morning; the scene of his Turkish Grand Prix victory in 2005.

Lindstrom admitted that he was worried about rain making the stages more complex. “It’s the same for everyone, but if it does rain then it could be really slippery,” he said. “What would help Kimi learn is for the conditions to remain consistent, so for us it’s best that it stays dry.”

The local weather forecast predicts a 20% chance of rain on Friday and temperatures in the region of 11 degrees Centigrade.

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 15 Apr 2010, 11:32

Fantastic, it is always good to see Kimi get a goodstart! :cool:
Last edited by Boudica on 15 Apr 2010, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Apr 2010, 11:33

@ anelise

Kimi Forever !! :)
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season