Rally News

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Rally News

Post by ish678 » 14 Apr 2010, 22:07

For me, I guess I'd like him back in F1 for selfish reasons. I just prefer F1 as an all round sport than rally (although since Rally Finland last year I've found myself more interested in it than I thought possible :lol: ) and I guess I'm impatient too. I want to see Kimi racing in great cars and challenging for wins NOW and in rallying it's just not possible yet due to lack of experience etc. But I realise that he seems happy and it's his decision and I totally respect that....but I still hope he returns to F1 and races alongside other drivers on track. Surely he must miss the thrill of going toe to toe and fighting with other cars around him? :)

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 15 Apr 2010, 03:11

Wolfie wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:It seems that I am the only one who likes more if Kimi continue driving Rally next year than go back to F1.
Not the only one, Moominpappa, not the only one ;)
Yep, Moominpappa. I'm more interested in F1 but if staying in rally for good is what it's gonna take for Kimi to get that WRC title, I'm all for it :O Yes, it would be nice for him to prove his critics wrong by bagging another F1 championship but honestly, and please do pardon my French, I don't give a fck what they think :D (Wow, after all these years, Kimi's attitude has kinda rubbed off on me) :blink:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 15 Apr 2010, 05:05

Wolfie wrote: I wonder who they will pick on now when Kimi is gone? Schumacher gets a lot of uncalled negative writings in the press :(
Easy, It's a crystal clear that Kimi has design the bad engine (and cooling system for it) for Ferrari and all Alonso's problems are Kimi's fault.
I miss a babysitter

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Apr 2010, 08:41

Loeb excited by French tribute stage

News
14th April 2010
By Anthony Peacock
Citroen’s six-time world rally champion Sebastien Loeb says that he is delighted that this year’s all-new Rallye de France, based in Alsace, will incorporate a 4.2-kilometre stage in his home town of Haguenau.

The asphalt stage – which runs through the town centre – has been designed as a tribute to Loeb, Haguenau’s most famous citizen, with spectator access a priority.

“I’m very happy that the route is going through Haguenau – that’s really nice,” said Loeb. “My memories of the stages in the area are somewhat fragmented, but I’ve got a vague idea of what to expect. I think it’s going to be a little more technical than the Rallye Deutschland, the roads in Alsace tend to be more twisty.”

Rallye de France, which runs from October 1-3, will be based in the city of Strasbourg: the home of the European parliament. On the first day, there will be eight stages split into two loops of four. The main service area for the event will also be in Strasbourg.

The second day will start off with some vineyard roads, taking in eight more stages split into two loops of four.

The final day includes the Haguenau stage, which is repeated, and also two runs over a 24-kilometre stage in the Camp de Bitche military range – which is renowned for several surface changes. The rally then returns to Strasbourg for the finish after 20 stages totalling 355.6 competitive kilometres.

“I think the route will be good, but quite different from Rallye Deutschland,” said Loeb. “I’m sure we’re going to see loads of people there.”
http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/loeb ... ute_stage/
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 15 Apr 2010, 08:55

Thanks for the information everywhere friends, I am too tired to say anything, just looking now. I hope this isnt mole fever, I am feeling terrible. ::oops:;

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 15 Apr 2010, 09:01

apple wrote:Thanks for the information everywhere friends, I am too tired to say anything, just looking now. I hope this isnt mole fever, I am feeling terrible. ::oops:;
Awww, poor u! :(

Get well soon! :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Apr 2010, 09:02

Get Well soon Apple
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 15 Apr 2010, 09:12

apple wrote:Thanks for the information everywhere friends, I am too tired to say anything, just looking now. I hope this isnt mole fever, I am feeling terrible. ::oops:;
Oh wow, again?? :blink:
Hope you get well soon :hug:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 15 Apr 2010, 09:14

Prodrive focuses on the World Rally Championship and sportscar racing
Prodrive will focus its attention on a return to the World Rally Championship for 2011, as well as continuing to expand its Aston Martin racing programme and will not therefore pursue an entry for the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Prodrive chairman, David Richards said: “Our current focus is on Prodrive’s return to the World Rally Championship in 2011 and that alone takes significant resource to design and develop a totally new car. At the same time, we continue to expand our activities with Aston Martin in all categories of sportscar racing, in the USA, Europe and at Le Mans. We also have a full V8 Supercar series to contest in Australia with Ford, which together with further investment in advanced vehicle technologies for road car applications creates a very demanding agenda for the business.

“Taking on the challenge of starting a brand new Formula One team, finding the necessary funding and developing the car from scratch is a massive undertaking and not to be under estimated,” he added. “As expected, we’ve witnessed the financial and technical challenges that the new teams have faced this year in just getting to the grid, let alone being competitive and whilst I have enormous admiration for their efforts I don’t believe this is an appropriate strategy for Prodrive or Aston Martin to adopt.

“We’ve enjoyed a successful involvement in F1 in the past and respect the value it can create; we will therefore keep a close eye on developments in the Championship. However, I have always made it very clear that the timing for a Prodrive entry would be judged on two criteria: that we could be competitive and that the business case would make it a financially viable proposition. Today, if we were to adopt the strategy of starting a new team, I don’t believe it is possible to meet these two conditions.”
http://www.prodrive.com/p_releases.html?id=263

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 15 Apr 2010, 10:49

:hug: Get well soon, Apple! :hug:

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 15 Apr 2010, 12:34

Hope you feel better soon Apple :hug:
Everyone in my church is going down with some sort of a bug at the moment too :roll::

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 15 Apr 2010, 12:35

Whats Mole fever?

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 15 Apr 2010, 12:53

Linda-Anne wrote:Whats Mole fever?
I guess epidemic nephropathy (I read dictionary, as usual...)

My first guess was pneumonia.
I miss a babysitter

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 15 Apr 2010, 13:36

Eeva, maybe coffee would help a bit? :D

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 15 Apr 2010, 14:22

LadyR wrote:
Awww, poor u! :(

Get well soon! :)
Oh Apple!!! That's bad!!! I hope you get well soon!!! :hug:
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”