The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by brendakarli » 13 Apr 2010, 16:11

I dun think vettel will be the type who throws histoys out of the pram if he gets beaten by kimi - they play sports together on their off time and no one likes to lose but someone always does - so I think they are used to that by now :cool:
The JINX

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 13 Apr 2010, 16:23

brendakarli wrote:I dun think vettel will be the type who throws histoys out of the pram if he gets beaten by kimi - they play sports together on their off time and no one likes to lose but someone always does - so I think they are used to that by now :cool:
and that someone is usually Vettel :lol:

beefree88
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by beefree88 » 13 Apr 2010, 17:55

Hi guys,
Thanks Kinga and Wolfie for inviting me. It's sad, that the gang had to find a new refugee again, but good to see Kimi fans stick together:)
Probably I wont be active for a while, but I'll try to keep an eye on you.
"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters"

Claudie_Schnaudie
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Claudie_Schnaudie » 13 Apr 2010, 18:02

beefree88 wrote:Hi guys,
Thanks Kinga and Wolfie for inviting me. It's sad, that the gang had to find a new refugee again, but good to see Kimi fans stick together:)
:wave:

So is someone still missing from the gang?? :huh: BTW I get the feeling that this will be my most used smiley :huh:
It potrays my feeling which I have when Kimi should come in after a stage pretty well :lol:

Ohhh and pleaseeee let this be our last move! It can be really exhausting :)

Love the smileys :shhh: :cool:
Kimi Kimi gimme just a little smile :)

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 13 Apr 2010, 18:07

Welcome everybody!!!!! :hug:

I don't know if you guys have already seen this video.

WRC Onboards: Jordan 2010: Raikkonen SS10 Requested by Peasuke13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fD0_o1z ... eature=sub
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 13 Apr 2010, 18:58

beefree88 wrote:Hi guys,
awwww hello!!! :hug: :wave: Nice to see you here! At least you know where we are, come as soon as you can! :)

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 13 Apr 2010, 19:01

Wolfie wrote:Welcome Ploert and Linda :hug: :hug:

Soon news and pictures will be flooding in, it's so quiet on the news-front between the rallies, all we hear about is Kimi to Red Bull :lol:

Sorry for going off-topic but Apple, Moominpappa, Leijona and Dracaena, have you heard the Finnish song 'Jos sä rakastat' with Jippu and Samuli Edelmann? I'm an absolute fan of it and must have listened to it over 20 times already :blush:

Nikki, I really like that song! I was obsessed by it about a month ago, listened to it over and over in Youtube - so "thanks" for the reminder, now I have to listen to it again and again just like before :lol: but yeah, it's a beautiful song :blush:

I'm happy everybody is slowly but surely finding this place :hug:

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 13 Apr 2010, 19:15

Do we know anything about Clarky?

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 13 Apr 2010, 19:44

Wolfie wrote:Soon news and pictures will be flooding in, it's so quiet on the news-front between the rallies, all we hear about is Kimi to Red Bull :lol:

Sorry for going off-topic but Apple, Moominpappa, Leijona and Dracaena, have you heard the Finnish song 'Jos sä rakastat' with Jippu and Samuli Edelmann? I'm an absolute fan of it and must have listened to it over 20 times already :blush:
Isn't that a Hector song originally? It's very beautiful but the video is a bit comical with Jippu and Samuli being all serious between the clips from the movie.

It's funny that you should mention Jenni Vartiainen in this context LadyR since the song that I've been obsessing over lately is her new single "En haluu kuolla tänä yönä". I was wondering how you know her music (I noticed you had her in your avatar in the old forum).

I feel the need to insert something Kimi related to this inappropriately off-topic post but I have nothing :lol:. It's really calm before the storm...

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 13 Apr 2010, 19:54

Dracaena wrote:It's really calm before the storm...
Don't freeze :hug:
I miss a babysitter

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 13 Apr 2010, 20:17

Dracaena wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Soon news and pictures will be flooding in, it's so quiet on the news-front between the rallies, all we hear about is Kimi to Red Bull :lol:

Isn't that a Hector song originally? It's very beautiful but the video is a bit comical with Jippu and Samuli being all serious between the clips from the movie.

It's funny that you should mention Jenni Vartiainen in this context LadyR since the song that I've been obsessing over lately is her new single "En haluu kuolla tänä yönä". I was wondering how you know her music (I noticed you had her in your avatar in the old forum).

I feel the need to insert something Kimi related to this inappropriately off-topic post but I have nothing :lol:. It's really calm before the storm...
:lol: :lol: Yeah, you are not the first one, how is surprised about that I know Jenni Vartiainen....so I'm a huge Finland and Scandinavia Fan in everyway....so Kimi is my Finnish sport hero and Jenni Vartiainen is my fav Finnish musician.... :lol: Oh btw, "En haluu kuolla tänä yönä" is just great, I listened to that song 180 times and more than 1400 times to Jenni in general, cuz there are so many songs I love! :zz:

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 13 Apr 2010, 20:42

Hiya! I found you guys, thanks to Wolfie for the heads up :)

I hope we've found a nice new home for all our rally ramblings :p

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Apr 2010, 21:28

brendakarli wrote:I dun think vettel will be the type who throws histoys out of the pram if he gets beaten by kimi - they play sports together on their off time and no one likes to lose but someone always does - so I think they are used to that by now :cool:
I think you're right, Brenda. They are competing already but joking about it. Here's from Turun Sanomat :lol:

Turun Sanomat, Hockenheim
HEIKKI KULTA

Kimi Räikkönen and Sebastian Vettel have become good friends.

- He's a nice guy, Kimi says about the German.

- He's a nice guy who cannot lose, Vettel says about Kimi.

Kimi lives in Zurich and Vettel lives 35 km away in Wachwil.

The friendship was born by accident. Vettel once got to travel in Kimi's private plane on a working trip and they got to know each other better.

Nowadays Kimi and Vettel have been sporting together. They especially like to challenge each other by playing badminton.

- There is a badminton-center near and we play there, Kimi says.

- Sometimes we play when we are in the same area. How often depends on how busy we both are, Vettel admits.

Both seem to have a clear opinion of their own playing skills.

- He can't play at all and he has never won me. He only gets something like 5-6 points, Kimi brags.

- Kimi is a little better - but not for long, Vettel challenges.

They both think that badminton suits perfectly a top-athlete.

- It's great when I get to play with Sebastian. I hadn't played badminton myself for a long time, Kimi says and smiles.

TS-SPECIAL
Turun Sanomat, Shanghai
HEIKKI KULTA

It's easier for Vettel to win a GP than to win Kimi in badminton

Vettel had time to come to a special interview by Turun Sanomat even though Toro Rosso had cancelled all private interviews afer the Italian GP.

When Toro Rosso informed at Fuji that Vettel is only available for general interviews the young driver went in between, tapped the TS interviewer on the shoulder and said he will make an exception now.

Vettel Is Kimi's friend, kindred spirit and play mate. He likes Finland and Finnish people so much that he spent the first summer break in August by driving through our country. Therefore TS got this exclusive 15-minute interview with him.

Which one is harder - to win a GP or Kimi in Badminton?

- I have won a GP but not yet Kimi in badminton. I promised Kimi that I will win him one day. We will both get older. I'm 8 years younger than him so at least when he is really old and I'm just a younger old man I'll beat him in that game.

- Although I do train hard so that I might do it already after 2-3 months or at least during the next year, Vettel says.

Räikkönen brags among his friends that Vettel doesn't score more than 5 points when he plays with him?

- If I play a good game I get more than 5 points against him, Vettel corrects.

The Finn does many sports. What about Vettel?

- We like the same things with Kimi but golf isn't really my thing. And I can't skate. Icehockey isn't a big sport in Germany, that's why I've never been interested in it. All Germans play football and I do that too. Although the most favourable sports are those, which include an engine, Vettel said.

Kimi's straightforwardness is what Vettel likes

Vettel lives in Wachwill Switzerland. The distance to Kimi's home is 35 km.

- I spend a very limited time at home. F1-drivers travel a lot and practically all the time. It's always nice to come home when it's so quiet and peaceful. I come from a small town in Germany. I like the big metropols but I enjoy only one day there. After that I'd rather go to a peaceful place.

- I'm happy that Kimi lives nearby. He is a great guy. I like him a lot because he is always a honest and open guy. Many say they don't like Kimi because of the way he is. But Kimi can also be very funny. He is always the same and doesn't treat you in a different way. No matter who you are. Kimi never goes around things, he says what he thinks.

- We have a great relationship although we havent' had much time and we don't meet every day. We are in different teams and we have different pr-stuff.

About Finland and vocabulary

Vettel speaks 4 languages - German, English, a little French and a little Italian - and has learned a few Finnish words from Kimi. Moi, kiitos, mitä kuuluu and a couple of words that can't be printed.

- I was in Finland in August and liked it a lot. I'm not a beach lion so it didn't matter that it wasn't so warm. I just drove around with the car. Finland is a limitless and open country where people are friendly.
Last edited by Wolfie on 13 Apr 2010, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 13 Apr 2010, 21:30

apple wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Sorry for going off-topic but Apple, Moominpappa, Leijona and Dracaena, have you heard the Finnish song 'Jos sä rakastat' with Jippu and Samuli Edelmann? I'm an absolute fan of it and must have listened to it over 20 times already :blush:
Yep, Nicole, I have heard it about thousand times too :hug: I love the words, not necessarily the usual love song words Iwould say.
:hug:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

ish678
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ish678 » 13 Apr 2010, 21:33

I think that might be one of my most favourite articles ever written :)