The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 12 Apr 2010, 10:27

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote: Kimi was talking about not being necessary to tell what is going on at this point or something like that. He sounded so mysterious that it made me think that there is a master-plan we don't know about yet :confused:
Absolutely!!! I could sense it from the moment he announced the drive with Citroën/Red Bull. I just couldn't understand that he would walk away from F1 like this. Mostly I was thinking about it as a typical fan who doesn't like to accept that decision of his but... that little "something" was always there.... what if, what if... there's a plan already... we don't yet know :huh:
Hi Kinga :wave:

What made me think about it was an interview in Iltalehti 31.3.2010:

It's pretty certain that there isn't an option of Kimi replacing Mark Webber during this season. Rally is Kimi's main job this season. Decisions are made later this year and the decision is only Räikkönen's.

- It's my own decision and my own feeling. I have no reason to tell anything now. I guess it will be clear when the time comes. There is no rush, there's a long way to next year, Kimi said.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 12 Apr 2010, 10:40

I still like more that Kimi continue driving Rally than F1. Maybe we get some answers after Rally Finland.
I miss a babysitter

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 12 Apr 2010, 10:56

Thanks to all for the informations!!!!!

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 12 Apr 2010, 11:01

Anelise wrote:Thanks to all for the informations!!!!!
+1 :thumbsup:

ps. Vale GO!!!!!!! !yahoo:
Last edited by ReAlien on 12 Apr 2010, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 12 Apr 2010, 11:05

LadyR wrote:
dindi wrote: Chef, don't worry about the Kimster. He actually thinks it's more dangerous to go horseback riding :blink:

:lol: :lol:

You mean, cuz he is allergic against horse fur, or? I read once, that it makes him sneezing all the time if he has a horse in his environment... :80: ''hmm''
LadyR, the story is that Kimi bought Jenni a horse and then he decided to ride it and, of course, he made the horse gallop really fast and then he started to scream "how do you stop it?!" :lol: I think they reached a wall or fence and the horse stopped or something like that :lol:

After that, Jenni supposedly forbade Kimi from riding her horses again :n

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Apr 2010, 11:06

Thanks again Nikki! what would we do withou you? :hug:

About Kimi's future. I think if he is competative in rally and RBR isn't a winning car, he will stay. I believe him that he doesn't have a contract for next year but I'm sure the Robertsons are working on his future a lot. :zz:

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 12 Apr 2010, 11:16

Here's why I think that even if he wants to come back he still needs some luck:
  • I read that someone from Red Bull (maybe C. Horner) said that if Webber has an excellent 2010 season then the team won't reward him by firing him to get a replacement.
  • Schumacher's disappointing form shows that if you stay away from F1 for a while it's going to take you some time to get to the same level as before, especially when the regulations change (Massa came back well after missing half of the season but at least he raced under last year's regulations). It will take him some time to adjust to starting the race with a full tank.
  • If he demands a big salary no one is going to take him (unless a Finnish bank is sponsoring him :zz: ).

kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kracer » 12 Apr 2010, 11:21

It was so interesting to read all your stories about how you became Kimi fans :)

Welcome to all the newbies (well, all of us are) here :wave:

I may not be able to post so much during the coming days since I've got a lot of overtime to do. :<>:

I hope I can catch part of the rally, though. :pray:

Wow, it's going to be a really busy weekend for me - rally, F1, tennis...plus work! :huh:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 12 Apr 2010, 11:41

lucian wrote: [*]If he demands a big salary no one is going to take him (unless a Finnish bank is sponsoring him :zz: ).[/list]
:lol:
I am worked in Finnish bank and I can say that they are so greedy for money that don't give it outside - even a normal employer. (Of course the top bosses are out of normal control...)

I can't believe that the money will be problem for contract. Kimi has it enough and on the other side he has a big market value (no - not Finland, but he has huge amount of fans all over the world).
I miss a babysitter

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 12 Apr 2010, 11:47

kracer wrote: Wow, it's going to be a really busy weekend for me - rally, F1, tennis...plus work! :huh:
Me too :O Vamos :thumbsup:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Apr 2010, 13:28

lucian wrote:Here's why I think that even if he wants to come back he still needs some luck:
  • I read that someone from Red Bull (maybe C. Horner) said that if Webber has an excellent 2010 season then the team won't reward him by firing him to get a replacement.
  • Schumacher's disappointing form shows that if you stay away from F1 for a while it's going to take you some time to get to the same level as before, especially when the regulations change (Massa came back well after missing half of the season but at least he raced under last year's regulations). It will take him some time to adjust to starting the race with a full tank.
  • If he demands a big salary no one is going to take him (unless a Finnish bank is sponsoring him :zz: ).
What troubles me is that they have even uttered anything like that, giving an ultimatum to Webber and putting pressure on him - I remember similar talks about Kimi too only they didn't hold water, remember when the press went on that if Kimi's endseason 2009 is good then he won't have to go :zz:

Schumacher is an enigma, I'm waiting a couple more races to see how he does but when it comes to Kimi it can also be compared like this: Schumacher is older, his reflects are not the same they used to be. That's only natural. Kimi is rallying and keeping up the driving so it shouldn't be a big deal for him. He has his personal trainer who would have to make a new training program for Kimi to strenghten certain muscles just like he has had to change Kimi's program now by strenghtening muscles in the lower back etc. so that he gets used to sitting and driving a rally car.

When it comes to money again, that's the least of the problems :lol: Just look how much money has been spent in F1 to pay out and in drivers, the money wouldn't be a problem should he ask for some huge salaries - which we don't know for sure yet. Red bull has money, just look how Kimi has only one sponsor, a tiny phone-company from Finland, DNA. If they would need more money through Kimi I'm sure his overall would be packed with labels :n

But TBH I like the peace now that he is out from F1. No huge headlines or titles if he eats ice cream or has a coke and that is a huge relief from a fan's point of view :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 12 Apr 2010, 13:33

Moominpappa wrote:
lucian wrote: [*]If he demands a big salary no one is going to take him (unless a Finnish bank is sponsoring him :zz: ).[/list]
:lol:
I am worked in Finnish bank and I can say that they are so greedy for money that don't give it outside - even a normal employer. (Of course the top bosses are out of normal control...)

I can't believe that the money will be problem for contract. Kimi has it enough and on the other side he has a big market value (no - not Finland, but he has huge amount of fans all over the world).
You nailed it when it comes to Finnish banks, Moominpappa :lol:

All we have is Nokia and they don't sponsor F1 either. Finland isn't the paradise of sponsors...

Wow, Kimi is in rally but the F1-circus is trying to drag him back to F1 with keeping up all kinds of rumours.

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 12 Apr 2010, 14:01

Wow! This place has been busy!
Moominpappa wrote:Wolfie: can you remember how much was written for Kimi in Finnish media, when he got the first Sauber test? Even then was absolutely clear that he was not as typical forumula driver. I remember how his eyes was made one of the news. Look, the man with cyborg's gaze or something like that.
LOL... man with a cyborg's gaze! That's actually quite accurate so I can't blame 'em for running that headline :P

KIMBO, you're here!!! I was worried about you, too! So glad to see that you found us! Yep... Kimi's like fine wine! And cheese (three of my favorite things to eat, errr...) :blush:

And Annie from Kimi Official is here, too! :D

Woflie, that's a touching story. Which makes me think, I should make it my mission to learn the words to the Maamme and go to Spa where Kimi will surely win again, and be a Filipina in the middle of Belgium singing the Finnish anthem :D For now, I can only hum it.

LOL @ Dracaena... your story is funny. So even in Finland, Kimi is strange, eh? "It's like a rusty barn door and nails on a chalk board had a baby and that's what it sounds like." That is fckng classic. "I was embarrassed by the thought of this squeaky freak being out there in the world representing Finland... " ROTFLMfckngAO!!! :lol: Drac, are you a dude? You sound so witty and you're Finnish, too. I think I'm in love with you. LOL.

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 12 Apr 2010, 14:12

Raikkonen scores first WRC points with Stilo
Former Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen has scored his first points in the World Rally Championship, finishing eighth on the recent Jordan Rally. Raikkonen made the switch from F1 to the WRC at the start of this year. At the same time the 'Iceman' made the switch to Stilo helmets.

Raikkonen, whose co-driver Kaj Lindstrom is also equipped by Stilo, was contesting only his eighth-ever rally in Jordan. He said that it was the most difficult event that he had taken part in so far. Nonetheless, he steered clear of major mistakes to enjoy a clean run to the finish and claim four points.

The Jordan Rally was characterised by rocky roads, changing grip levels and high temperatures. Despite these big challenges, the Finnish crew's DES Stilo helmets performed faultlessly throughout the three-day event.

Raikkonen's previous event, Rally Mexico, ended when he rolled five times down a bank, but he was prevented from any head injury by his Stilo helmet. "I actually felt a bit more confident in Mexico than I did in Jordan, and that's why I was pushing a bit harder," explained Raikkonen. "My priority in Jordan was just to get to the finish."
http://www.rallybuzz.com/kimiraikkonen- ... lmets-jor/

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 12 Apr 2010, 16:53

Kriss wrote:Thanks again Nikki! what would we do withou you? :hug:

About Kimi's future. I think if he is competative in rally and RBR isn't a winning car, he will stay. I believe him that he doesn't have a contract for next year but I'm sure the Robertsons are working on his future a lot. :zz:
@Nikki, thanks for the articles! :O

Kriss, I am with you on this one. Lots of things will count for Kimi to decide what he will do next year. But the most important one is to have a competitive car in F1 otherwise I guess he will stay in WRC. Like he always say: Let's wait and see!!! :lol:

Ludy :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”