The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by KIMBO1 » 11 Apr 2010, 21:10

LadyR wrote:Hey KIMBO1...welcome and I think, we know us from F1-live, right?
Yes thats right LadyR I did wonder if it was you, thanks for the welcome its good to meet you again its been a little while have to make up for lost time :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 21:13

KIMBO1 wrote:Thanks Wolfie for your welcome, I did miss everyone and all your invaluable information I was really lost without it.

Was so pleased that Kimi was in the points in Jordan and hope this weekend goes equally well if not better - I think he will have gained confidence by completing a rally and this can only be a boost for him.
Oi, how did you follow the rally KIMBO? So happy you found us :hug:

Like Luie said earlier, I didn't either have a bad feeling before Jordan, didn't even think about any backpain etc. So he might have found his confidence and is now one with the car :thumbsup:
AnnieM wrote:Its good to see Kimi succeed in anything he turns his hand too - so excited about the points last Rally - good for him !!

But my real heart of hearts wants him to be looking over at Red Bull F1 and thinking "Ohhh! What I could do with that car !!"
This is going to be difficult for me, Annie :fear: Can't they just rearrange the schedule so that he can drive both in WRC and F1 :<>:

The Red Bull car is like it's built for Kimi, isn't it?
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Apr 2010, 21:14

KIMBO1 wrote:
AnnieM wrote:Its good to see Kimi succeed in anything he turns his hand too - so excited about the points last Rally - good for him !!

But my real heart of hearts wants him to be looking over at Red Bull F1 and thinking "Ohhh! What I could do with that car !!"
I couldnt agree with you more, I am enjoying him rallying and he seems to be extremely happy there but I would love to see him in a Red Bull next season a bit selfish I know but cant help it
+ 1!!!!!! Flag:##

@Linda-Anne, great to see you here! :hug:

Thanks for the comments about my signature, it was made by a lovely Hungarian Kimi fan for me. :cool:
Wolfie wrote: The Red Bull car is like it's built for Kimi, isn't it?
It is!!!! :thumbsup:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 21:17

Moominpappa wrote:
Wolfie wrote: I love Kimi in rally but seeing how good Red Bull is it's a real dilemma, like you already read on the Finnish forum :blush:

What would be interesting is that there's actually a possibility that Ferrari pays Kimi for both 2010 and 2011, right?
Yes, I read from there before come here. I post an answer there - my english is too bad that could write same kind of things here :blush:
I stopped a moment and thought that salary for year 2011. I think rather that this Ferrari's payment is some kind of golden handshake if Kimi not drive any F1 car at 2010. I don't know is the extra money paid already or will Ferrari pay it afer the season 2010.
I saw it just, Moominpappa - and agree with you on the rallying thing :confused:

But what team pays a driver NOT to drive :zz:

luieluv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by luieluv » 11 Apr 2010, 21:17

@ kinga

Yes Yes Yes
So its gonna be a mix of Ravishing Black and White for Kimi Raikkonen this season

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 11 Apr 2010, 21:17

Here's my "How I became a Kimi fan" story (I probably remember 80% of it all wrong):

My first memory of Kimi is an interview he did with the Finnish TV channel Nelonen. I think this was some time before he was linked to Sauber and F1. He and Toni Vilander (his good friend) were being interviewed in the studio as up and coming motorsport talents. Well, for me it definitely wasn't love at first sight. I have no memory of what was discussed but I clearly remember my reaction to Kimi. I was like: "What is wrong with that guy :lol:?!? Someone call an ambulance, no healthy person has a voice like that! Mom, come and listen to this dude! It's like a rusty barn door and nails on a chalk board had a baby and that's what it sounds like :lol:". I felt kind of sorry for him but at the same time I was embarrassed by the thought of this squeaky freak being out there in the world representing Finland...

I was watching F1 all through the Häkkinen years, I'd say pretty intensively. I'm always excited about Finns doing well in international sports and of course I was really proud of Häkkinen being such a star in F1. And I was reading all the Heikki Kulta/Turun Sanomat F1 stuff. Well then at some point came the Kimi/Sauber test and Kulta was reporting all the details and was probably all exited about Kimi (I think it was quite a big deal in the rest of the media as well). I was of course very interested in a new Finn being involved in F1 and according to Kulta he was also very good. Well then came the miracle of the Sauber deal and I was really excited about it (and so was all of the Finnish media). Then there was the business with the super licence. A lot of people on the F1 paddock were calling Kimi a safety risk and that he's going to crash and people will ge hurt. Based on that I feared that his first race would be a big fat disaster and an embarrassment and he wouldn't get the licence and that would be it. But then he nailed the first race and it was awesome. I'd say that at some point between the events in the beginning of this paragraph and this sentence I had become a Kimi fan.

That's how it started and it's grown from there. During the depressing periods of being a Kimi fan, I've reminded myself of what a miracle it was that he ever got into F1 the way he did, I mean it was like suddenly this Kimi creature just fell of the sky. I remember Peter Sauber saying in an interview that it was a really odd thing to give someone with Kimi's experience a test like that but the Robertsons somehow talked him into it. And the McLaren deal was a similar miracle. (That reminds me that we really should remember to thank the Robertsons more often :)).

I can't believe it's been 10 years of Kimi for me &doh. But I must admit that for the most of that time I haven't really been able to listen to his TV interviews. But now that he doesn't make my ears bleed anymore there's even more of him to enjoy :lol:.

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 21:23

Dracaena wrote:Here's my "How I became a Kimi fan" story (I probably remember 80% of it all wrong):

My first memory of Kimi is an interview he did with the Finnish TV channel Nelonen. I think this was some time before he was linked to Sauber and F1. He and Toni Vilander (his good friend) were being interviewed in the studio as up and coming motorsport talents. Well, for me it definitely wasn't love at first sight. I have no memory of what was discussed but I clearly remember my reaction to Kimi. I was like: "What is wrong with that guy :lol:?!? Someone call an ambulance, no healthy person has a voice like that! Mom, come and listen to this dude! It's like a rusty barn door and nails on a chalk board had a baby and that's what it sounds like :lol:". I felt kind of sorry for him but at the same time I was embarrassed by the thought of this squeaky freak being out there in the world representing Finland...

I was watching F1 all through the Häkkinen years, I'd say pretty intensively. I'm always excited about Finns doing well in international sports and of course I was really proud of Häkkinen being such a star in F1. And I was reading all the Heikki Kulta/Turun Sanomat F1 stuff. Well then at some point came the Kimi/Sauber test and Kulta was reporting all the details and was probably all exited about Kimi (I think it was quite a big deal in the rest of the media as well). I was of course very interested in a new Finn being involved in F1 and according to Kulta he was also very good. Well then came the miracle of the Sauber deal and I was really excited about it (and so was all of the Finnish media). Then there was the business with the super licence. A lot of people on the F1 paddock were calling Kimi a safety risk and that he's going to crash and people will ge hurt. Based on that I feared that his first race would be a big fat disaster and an embarrassment and he wouldn't get the licence and that would be it. But then he nailed the first race and it was awesome. I'd say that at some point between the events in the beginning of this paragraph and this sentence I had become a Kimi fan.

That's how it started and it's grown from there. During the depressing periods of being a Kimi fan, I've reminded myself of what a miracle it was that he ever got into F1 the way he did, I mean it was like suddenly this Kimi creature just fell of the sky. I remember Peter Sauber saying in an interview that it was a really odd thing to give someone with Kimi's experience a test like that but the Robertsons somehow talked him into it. And the McLaren deal was a similar miracle. (That reminds me that we really should remember to thank the Robertsons more often :)).

I can't believe it's been 10 years of Kimi for me &doh. But I must admit that for the most of that time I haven't really been able to listen to his TV interviews. But now that he doesn't make my ears bleed anymore there's even more of him to enjoy :lol:.
Dracaena, were we separated at birth :n

You just described what went through my mind the first time I saw/heard Kimi :lol:

But yes, you make a good point: Kudos to Robertsons, they made the impossible come true especially as Sauber had to choose between a paydriver and a talented but poor driver :shhh:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Apr 2010, 21:24

Wolfie wrote: MTV3 has started a serie where people can send their best F1-memories. This one was heartbreaking :blush:

By Lassi Liimatainen.

"I was with my dad in China GP in 2007. It was a bit rainy but the atmosphere was high. We watched the race and saw that Hamilton is sliding all the time and Kimi caught him! After a couple of laps Kimi was right behind him and overtook him! We started cheering with my dad and wondered why two Spaniards beside us were cheering too. Well Hamilton came to the pitstop and we saw from the giant screen that Hamilton had drove out and that's when the party really started when we were cheering for 5 minutes with the Spaniards and everybody was thinking that those Finns are weird. And when Kimi won we just sang the anthem with my dad and it was so great when it was raining and the Finnish anthem was playing and two Finnish men stood in the middle of China singing it :)"

(MTV3)
awwwwwwwwwwwww ::oops:;

@Dracaena: Nelonen? Was it this one? :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G73dGFhuhvI

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 11 Apr 2010, 21:38

Wolfie I saw very little of the Jordan rally, hardly no information at all was shown on the old forum but it was so good just to hear he had finished safely and gained some points as well.

Someone asked (I think it was Sammy) what had happened to everyone where had you all gone, I just answered that there had been a problem and people had left but that I had no idea where they had gone, luckily Brenda saw the message and told me to contact her on facebook which I did and she very kindly directed me here for which I am very grateful to her.

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 11 Apr 2010, 21:41

Kinga wrote: @Dracaena: Nelonen? Was it this one? :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G73dGFhuhvI
Yes, that's the one :). I left the sound off :lol:! (I'm being a bit mean today :n). But look at what a little boy he is in that interview, awww :lol:.

Ice-Ludy
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ice-Ludy » 12 Apr 2010, 00:59

It's really great to know a bit more about how each of you guys started supporting Kimi. :)

The first driver I have supported in F1 was Ayrton Senna although I was too young. Then came Jacques Villeneuve and after him, Kimi. :thumbsup:

BTW, welcome to everyone who registered these days!!! :shhh:

Ludy :O
Octeto Racing Team's Blog: http://www.octetort.com
“Even a small star shines in the darkness”

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 12 Apr 2010, 02:32

Wolfie wrote:
Boudica wrote:Hi Everyone! :wave:

Did I miss something? Have we moved on again for some reason? :confused:
Hi Boudica :hug:

Looks like some of us didn't like the way the personal insulting was dealt with :(

Also there's a better chance to have civil discussions and debates about F1 here since there are so many different fans of different drivers :cool:

Hope you like it here, you are like a piece of a puzzle :pray:
Thanks! :blush:

I guess I did miss something, I left the F1 section quite quickly. :zz:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 12 Apr 2010, 02:57

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:...and his intention has been ever since the beginning to come back to F1 in 2011 to Red Bull; staying in rally has only been a show.
:cool: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

:pray:

Boudica
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Boudica » 12 Apr 2010, 03:14

Wolfie wrote:
Moominpappa wrote:Wolfie: can you remember how much was written for Kimi in Finnish media, when he got the first Sauber test? Even then was absolutely clear that he was not as typical forumula driver. I remember how his eyes was made one of the news. Look, the man with cyborg's gaze or something like that.
Moominpappa, I don't remember anything else except when he was in Joonas Hytönen Show - back then I thought that he is overhyped since it wasn't even sure if he would get the license or not.

I would have loved to see the news you talked about. Wonder if anyone else remembers, Leijona?

Here's a thing from JamesHunt, true or not, take it as you wish:

My pal Jesse told inside-information that Kimi used his option in 2010 with Ferrari and got this way a huge compensation from Ferrari but the condition was that Kimi wouldn't race in any F1-team during season 2010.

Therefore it was more sensible for Räikkönen not to drive at all since even McLaren couldn't offer him that big salary.

And Kimi saw his chance to drive in rally this year - and his intention has been ever since the beginning to come back to F1 in 2011 to Red Bull; staying in rally has only been a show.

:cool:
I have seen the exact same rumour on some rally forums, where some of the people does have inside information. So there could be something more to it.

brendakarli
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by brendakarli » 12 Apr 2010, 03:44

Hi Kimbo,

Glad you could finally join us! After I started going on the forums at the end of 2007 - to find out as much as I could about kimi, I saw his finnish interview just when he got an F1 seat and he was this skinny twig with 2 other guys and when he spoke, I was like, OMG! What a snorefest...no wonder he can drive as fast as he does...the man's heartbeat must be 100 when racing and 20 when he's not behind the wheel of car!!!! Hilarious!!! You could say I go to know the man in the reverse way!

btw, how is it you guys have these icons and I don't?
The JINX