The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 19:27

Moominpappa wrote:Wolfie: can you remember how much was written for Kimi in Finnish media, when he got the first Sauber test? Even then was absolutely clear that he was not as typical forumula driver. I remember how his eyes was made one of the news. Look, the man with cyborg's gaze or something like that.
Moominpappa, I don't remember anything else except when he was in Joonas Hytönen Show - back then I thought that he is overhyped since it wasn't even sure if he would get the license or not.

I would have loved to see the news you talked about. Wonder if anyone else remembers, Leijona?

Here's a thing from JamesHunt, true or not, take it as you wish:

My pal Jesse told inside-information that Kimi used his option in 2010 with Ferrari and got this way a huge compensation from Ferrari but the condition was that Kimi wouldn't race in any F1-team during season 2010.

Therefore it was more sensible for Räikkönen not to drive at all since even McLaren couldn't offer him that big salary.

And Kimi saw his chance to drive in rally this year - and his intention has been ever since the beginning to come back to F1 in 2011 to Red Bull; staying in rally has only been a show.

:cool:
Last edited by Wolfie on 11 Apr 2010, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Apr 2010, 19:36

Wolfie wrote:...and his intention has been ever since the beginning to come back to F1 in 2011 to Red Bull; staying in rally has only been a show.

:cool: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

AnnieM
car driver
car driver

Post by AnnieM » 11 Apr 2010, 19:43

Kinga wrote:
Wolfie wrote:...and his intention has been ever since the beginning to come back to F1 in 2011 to Red Bull; staying in rally has only been a show.

And so say all of us F1 fans Flag:##

:hug: Kinga & Woolfie
Isn't it always that the best people in life are misunderstood ! :cool:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 19:45

Kinga wrote:

Some piece of news if it's true, right Kinga?

Does it mean that Kimi had an option for 2011 and he cashed in and made Ferrari pay for sacking him? Or do I understand it wrongly? I mean if he had a contract to 2010 plus and option then Steve Robertson must have had a field day :lol:

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 19:46

AnnieM wrote:
Kinga wrote:
And so say all of us F1 fans Flag:##

:hug: Kinga & Woolfie
Hi AnnieM, great to see you :hug:

Kinga
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Kinga » 11 Apr 2010, 19:47

Hello Annie!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :cool:

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 11 Apr 2010, 19:51

Wolfie: I don't take so seriously stories by JamesHunt.
I miss a babysitter

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 19:56

Moominpappa wrote:Wolfie: I don't take so seriously stories by JamesHunt.
Don't spoil the excitement, Moominpappa :fear:

:lol:

I love Kimi in rally but seeing how good Red Bull is it's a real dilemma, like you already read on the Finnish forum :blush:

What would be interesting is that there's actually a possibility that Ferrari pays Kimi for both 2010 and 2011, right?

AnnieM
car driver
car driver

Post by AnnieM » 11 Apr 2010, 20:02

Its good to see Kimi succeed in anything he turns his hand too - so excited about the points last Rally - good for him !!

But my real heart of hearts wants him to be looking over at Red Bull F1 and thinking "Ohhh! What I could do with that car !!"
Isn't it always that the best people in life are misunderstood ! :cool:

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 11 Apr 2010, 20:05

Thanks Wolfie for your welcome, I did miss everyone and all your invaluable information I was really lost without it.

Was so pleased that Kimi was in the points in Jordan and hope this weekend goes equally well if not better - I think he will have gained confidence by completing a rally and this can only be a boost for him.

Moominpappa
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Moominpappa » 11 Apr 2010, 20:05

Wolfie wrote: I love Kimi in rally but seeing how good Red Bull is it's a real dilemma, like you already read on the Finnish forum :blush:

What would be interesting is that there's actually a possibility that Ferrari pays Kimi for both 2010 and 2011, right?
Yes, I read from there before come here. I post an answer there - my english is too bad that could write same kind of things here :blush:
I stopped a moment and thought that salary for year 2011. I think rather that this Ferrari's payment is some kind of golden handshake if Kimi not drive any F1 car at 2010. I don't know is the extra money paid already or will Ferrari pay it afer the season 2010.
I miss a babysitter

KIMBO1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by KIMBO1 » 11 Apr 2010, 20:11

AnnieM wrote:Its good to see Kimi succeed in anything he turns his hand too - so excited about the points last Rally - good for him !!

But my real heart of hearts wants him to be looking over at Red Bull F1 and thinking "Ohhh! What I could do with that car !!"
I couldnt agree with you more, I am enjoying him rallying and he seems to be extremely happy there but I would love to see him in a Red Bull next season a bit selfish I know but cant help it

LadyR

Post by LadyR » 11 Apr 2010, 20:39

Hey KIMBO1...welcome and I think, we know us from F1-live, right?

Linda-Anne
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Linda-Anne » 11 Apr 2010, 20:55

Hi guys I have just got on to thiis great new forum :) Thanks Wolfie for the link :hug:

Kinga I just love your banner :)

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 11 Apr 2010, 21:06

Linda-Anne wrote:Hi guys I have just got on to thiis great new forum :) Thanks Wolfie for the link :hug:

Kinga I just love your banner :)
Hi Linda, great to see you :hug:

Oi, Kinga's banner is great :shhh:

MTV3 has started a serie where people can send their best F1-memories. This one was heartbreaking :blush:

By Lassi Liimatainen.

"I was with my dad in China GP in 2007. It was a bit rainy but the atmosphere was high. We watched the race and saw that Hamilton is sliding all the time and Kimi caught him! After a couple of laps Kimi was right behind him and overtook him! We started cheering with my dad and wondered why two Spaniards beside us were cheering too. Well Hamilton came to the pitstop and we saw from the giant screen that Hamilton had drove out and that's when the party really started when we were cheering for 5 minutes with the Spaniards and everybody was thinking that those Finns are weird. And when Kimi won we just sang the anthem with my dad and it was so great when it was raining and the Finnish anthem was playing and two Finnish men stood in the middle of China singing it :)"

(MTV3)