The Kimi Rally Monster Cool Lounge

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
kracer
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Kimi Red Bull Rally Monster

Post by kracer » 10 Apr 2010, 02:09

Hi everyone!

I'm here! Hope we have an even greater time in our new home.

Right on time for the next rally. Woohoo!!! :zz:

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 10 Apr 2010, 06:58

Hi,kracer :hug:
The gang is slowly coming together again.. :cool:

ReAlien
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ReAlien » 10 Apr 2010, 08:44

LIVE TIMING WRC: http://www.wrc.com/
DRIVER COMMENTS, LIVE TIMING & STATISTICS: http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/

Leijona
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Leijona » 10 Apr 2010, 11:06

Hello everyone :wave:

I made it here too!

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Apr 2010, 11:23

WOOHOO, great to see you all here!!!!

Welcome Leijona, Realien, Claudie, Dracaena, LadyR, Kinga, Ludy, Anelise, Angel of Music, Vida, kracer (Pauline) and Brenda :hug:

And thank you for the warm welcome Iceman, Shalif and cformula1 :wave:

Alex1369, I'm with you on Petter Sohlberg. He is an extremely talented driver who has had some bad luck and who is still hanging there with small funds - and shows what he is made of :thumbsup:

His mechanics cook dinner and fix the cars while Citroen again brings own cooks with them wherever they go. I'll say that Petter is made of such a tough skin that it wouldn't amaze me if he would take himself back to the top this season already - his whole team has really understood the word of 'teamwork' ;)
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

Wolfie
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Wolfie » 10 Apr 2010, 11:24

ReAlien wrote:Image
Thanks Realien, that is a picture that gives good vibes :cool:
To be changed soon - rko281, where are you??? LOL

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Apr 2010, 11:29

Welcome Leijona :)

apple
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by apple » 10 Apr 2010, 11:43

Wolfie wrote:WOOHOO, great to see you all here!!!!

Welcome Leijona, Realien, Claudie, Dracaena, LadyR, Kinga, Ludy, Anelise, Angel of Music, Vida, kracer (Pauline) and Brenda :hug:

And thank you for the warm welcome Iceman, Shalif and cformula1 :wave:

Alex1369, I'm with you on Petter Sohlberg. He is an extremely talented driver who has had some bad luck and who is still hanging there with small funds - and shows what he is made of :thumbsup:

His mechanics cook dinner and fix the cars while Citroen again brings own cooks with them wherever they go. I'll say that Petter is made of such a tough skin that it wouldn't amaze me if he would take himself back to the top this season already - his whole team has really understood the word of 'teamwork' ;)
Yeah, Solberg is talented driver and brings some action to WRC serie. Otherwise it would be only Citroen and Ford guys fighting for the first four places.
Solberg has been fast but also made some of the most hardest shunts there. Once I saw his car after a big shunt and wondered how he could survive from that in one piece. Even the cars engine was smashed.
The fact that there is only two manufactures in rally just pulled the rug out of Solbergs feet. With his performances in this years rally serie he will secure the place in some team next year, I hope.

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 10 Apr 2010, 13:53

Courtesy: _TaniaS_ KROF
http://club.quotidianonet.ilsole24ore.c ... o_bevitore
Pilots, what a kind of people: the Holy Drinker’s Conundrum

Today I’ve promised to talk about Kimi and maybe I could get off with a direct and frank admission: I have always had a sincere liking for this atypical and unusual blond, for his extraneity to some styles of ‘robot’ behaviors in this post-modern Formula One, and so on. But I understand that would be not enough.

So. Well, since the beginning of his career Raikkonen seemed to me a subject comparable to someone like Mansell. Do you remember, the British Lion? Definitely he was not as complete as Senna and had not 'political' talent like Prost had, and that’s because he was beaten by him during the year they spent together at Ferrari. But Mansell, with a steering wheel in his hands, was a volley of pure emotions.

The Holy Drinker, ditto. Since the beginning, back when he still was at Sauber, we had guessed that his relationship with the auto motor-racing got exhausted in the agonistic element. Driving. Keeping the pedal on the metal. Pushing the car you had to the limit. And paying zero attention to the outside, to the details, to the unwritten rules that are characteristic of that environment.

Is it a limit? For the way things went, for the way things turned out to him, certainly yes. Usually when a driver becomes world champion is cuddled by the team that he brought to triumph. So I also was wrong when on the magical evening of Interlagos 2007 I thought “Kimi has won in an incredible way, I know, he was helped by the feuds inside McLaren team and by the consequences of the spy-story scandal, but now, at Maranello he will be the king, the landlord. So, a new age is coming and this age will last, because the talent can’t be questioned anymore".

I said that I was wrong. The Holy Drinker also was wrong. In 2008, after the success in Barcelona, the second of the season, he had the championship in his hands. On the contrary, because of the tyres covers forgotten at Montecarlo GP, the wrong tyres at Silverstone, the failure to the exhaust in France and the crash with Hamilton in Montreal, well, the de-legitimation is started. Accompanied by a strategic choice that it’s not the case to further analyze here: Ferrari had decided to bet on Alonso, perhaps the course was already fixed in the late 2007 summer, when El Banco was decisive in destroying Dennis, showing those notorious e-mails of his computer.

But this news is story now. I claimed and I still claim that Raikkonen didn’t deserve to be treated in that way. I have the deeply knowledge that if Todt didn’t change job, well, nothing of what we have just told would be happened. But I can’t prove my own sensation, then I stop here.

In brief, Kimi as a driver can’t be disputed and even those who left him agree with this statement. Kimi is the king of Spa and anyone who knows the Ardennes knows that on that track the top winners are really Dragons, from Senna to Schumacher to Prost. Perhaps Raikkonen doesn’t worth these three in absolute terms, for example no-one has ever described him as a formidable test driver. But among his contemporaries (Schumi is not, though he made the foolish thing to return in F1) I haven’t seen yet a pilot who can or should be considered significantly higher than the blond. Alonso is not that, Hamilton or Vettel are not either.
Last edited by Anelise on 10 Apr 2010, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

Anelise
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Anelise » 10 Apr 2010, 13:54

Maybe (and so we come to the heart of the problem) the human element didn’t help the Holy Drinker. I mean, Kimi is really a person of few words. Raikkonen is not a pimp, he doesn’t butter up anyone, he asks for what he's worth, he respect and demands respect. Then stop. I have no memories about ‘political’ pressures he has exercised, in three years he has never been angry with Massa and his clan, and so on. Another driver, in his place, after the miracle of 2007, would probably have raised his own voice, telling ‘from now I am the leader’. He didn’t. He shut up. Sometimes he came to ‘racing department’, chatting with the engineers, then he went to Fanano, where there is an ice establishment, to organize a hockey game.

You understand yourself that, at the end of the day, to get rid of someone like him, very naive but also very practical, it was just a matter of money. Kimi has not a lobby behind, he has no allies in heaven, on Ecclestone’s maps Finland is just a tiny mark. “Everything is held and there is nothing wrong, it’s life and it’s time for you to grow, you have to take it so, yes, beautiful ...” (Vasco Rossi, when you need it, you need it).

In the end, speaking a bit about loyalty and fair play on the track, I don’t remember blatant improper acts or fauls of the Holy Drinker. Hard and tough gamer, but without bandit attitudes. In this, he is much like his compatriot Hakkinen, a fair player.

I think Formula One is missing Kimi, not vice versa.

Kriss
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Kriss » 10 Apr 2010, 14:14

thanks Anelise30 :hug:
I think Formula One is missing Kimi, not vice versa.
So true :thumbsup:

Dracaena
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dracaena » 10 Apr 2010, 14:18

Thanks Anelise for posting Leo Turrini's blog. He really knows how to warm a Kimi fans heart :blush:.

By the way, I can't but love a forum that has this smilie in it's collection: :n.

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 10 Apr 2010, 14:20

This is what I get for not checking my mail... you guys are already on another forum and I'm there at the old one doing my little monologue :lol:

Vida
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Vida » 10 Apr 2010, 14:28

Glad u finally can make it here dindi.....:)

dindi
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by dindi » 10 Apr 2010, 14:36

TK, Vida! Now where's my kopi Sumatra? :D