2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
MavF1
Donator
Donator

Re: 2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Post by MavF1 » 06 Apr 2010, 18:06

phil1993 wrote:Bernie: Races will be dropped
F1 will shed some of its current races to make room for New York and Russia, according to Bernie Ecclestone.

The sport's chief executive said recently he is pushing for a street race in New Jersey in 2012, and he has now said in an interview with Bloomberg that he also wants Russia to have a Grand Prix.

Ecclestone, 79, said there are three potential sites for the race outside Manhattan, while Moscow or the resort city Sochi are the possible venues for Russia.

"We'll make a decision in the next couple of months" on the locations, said the Briton.

Ecclestone has often talked about expanding the calendar from its current 19 events to 20 or more, but he now says F1 will review its "traditional" European hosts, such as the two races in Spain.

"We're going to lose some races for sure, there are some races we can afford to lose without too much problem," he said. "I've spoken to the countries to see what we can come up with."
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 2839&FS=F1

IMO, Turkey, China and Spa are likely to be dropped.
phil1993 wrote: Bernie won't shed Valencia because they're on a seven year contract and there is still Alonsomania. Maybe when he (Teflonso) retires, Spain will revert back to one race a season

China is only contracted until this year I think and Turkey next year. Not many people turned up to the Turkish GP last year so maybe that's one that might go.

Spa is struggling to break even let alone make a profit. It's pit buildings are quite good but for spectators its pretty poor. However, this should not impact on the suitability for a race. Its a great track that produces good racing. I think if anything, what's more likely to happen is Hockenheim to go completely whilst Nurburgring and Spa rotate (Germany are losing a lot of money every year)
If Hockenheim has to go, it's not a big loss imo, Nürburgring has got the better layout. But dare you taking away Spa, Ecclestone!
Last edited by MavF1 on 06 Apr 2010, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 06 Apr 2010, 18:11

China and Turkey please, there is just no racing atmosphere.
Oh and can we please have Imola back? :)

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 06 Apr 2010, 18:56

If Spa is dropped there will be uproar - and Blizzard you forgot to mention that Valencia should be dropped, because that's the worst grand prix venue of the last 15 years (since Aida in Japan basically).

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 Apr 2010, 19:03

Spa got dropped in 2003 and 2006 and Bernie seems to think thats its okay to have a year without Spa. It is, but its not the same...

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 06 Apr 2010, 19:07

blizzard wrote:China and Turkey please, there is just no racing atmosphere.
Oh and can we please have Imola back? :)
I see I'm not the only one with this idea. Imola is just great!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 Apr 2010, 19:10

I would:

Not add any new tracks for a while
Scrap China, add some trees to Turkey, revert back to the old layout in Bahrain and alter tha layout at Valencia
Bring back Imola and A1 Ring

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 06 Apr 2010, 19:59

phil1993 wrote:I would:

Scrap China, add some trees to Turkey, revert back to the old layout in Bahrain and alter tha layout at Valencia
:lol: what will the trees do to turkey (maybe add some monkey and bird spectators :lol: )

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 07 Apr 2010, 09:06

hey, did u hear that f1 will maybe in futere have 18 coll rims, now they have 13 coll, for me its absolute bull s... with the rims, are the cars not ugly enough? i mean they wanna put the rims like the ALMS or Le Mans series have... for me its bull..., 13 coll the best...

and about the tracks... they should remove tracks where it brings boring races.. like hungary, valencia, china, barcelona..., but they should keep classic tracks like spa, monza..., i dont like that f1 has every year new tracks or tracks... i really dont like that... they make new f1 track every year... ok fine make the tracks... then increase the race calendar... start the season in february and then race on 22 tracks...

for next 3 years 3 new tracks will come to f1, 2011 probably india, 2012 russia, 2013 rome... that is i just crazy, i mean its cool to drive on new tracks, but every year a new tracks... and what does it bring... nothing but just boring races, just boring races... so do we need the new tracks, yes but every 5th year new tracks not every year

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 07 Apr 2010, 13:57

sdutt wrote:
phil1993 wrote:I would:

:lol: what will the trees do to turkey (maybe add some monkey and bird spectators :lol: )
:lol:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 07 Apr 2010, 16:30

her is a pic wit f1 with 18 coll rims... i think there is not much left to say then yuck, ugly, boooo, awful... i think they want to make the cars more ugly

for me it looks like they put some hummer big rims on the car, just ugly... 13 coll forever

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 08 Apr 2010, 14:03

JoostLamers wrote:Whitmarsh says they have a revised suspension ready for China.. So they can 'play' with the ride height :n
megasyxx wrote:wanna bet that it'll be banned.......... :D
Spoiler:
FIA: Ride height control systems are illegal

Formula 1 governing body the FIA has faxed all teams, informing them that any type of system which modifies a car's ride height levels whilst in action on-track would be illegal. Suspicions have been aroused in some teams over the likes of Red Bull, whose RB6 is rumoured to contain a device which generates more downforce by lowering the car in qualifying.

With cars carrying full fuel tanks this year in order to cater for the ban on in-race refuelling, competitors would gain a simple yet effective aerodynamic advantage should their car be able to run closer to the ground and therefore generate more downforce whilst running light in qualifying sessions.

However, although the rumours are no more than that, an FIA spokesperson has confirmed to Autosport that any ride height-changing part (such as the use of pressure-operated components, as mentioned in the paddock at Sepang last weekend) would not be allowed under the current sporting regulations

"Any system device or procedure, the purpose and/or effect of which is to change the setup of the suspension while the car is under Parc Fermé conditions, will be deemed to contravene article 34.5 of the sporting regulations," reads the FIA message received by Autosport.
Off-Topic: show
see? :lol:

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 08 Apr 2010, 14:45

The RBs appear to almost bottom out on light fuel loads during qualifying as noted by Martin Whitmarsh which started the whole ride height debate... And since Red Bull vehemently denies any "active suspension" or ride height adjusting device then they should prove it.. There is no arguing that the RBs are fast cars period, but if the ride height makes up to a .3s difference then all of the teams should be give the same opportunity.. Funny how last year the FIA was fine with the diffuser issue, but now since McLaren is making a stink and developing their own "system" all hell breaks lose..

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 08 Apr 2010, 15:26

then rosberg might be promoted to 1st for malaysia....... if indeed all hell breaks loose :lol:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Apr 2010, 18:34

Kimi Raikkonen - Monaco Lap through Years

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 08 Apr 2010, 18:40

great stuff......it would be nicer if the last part would be on a chrome mclaren or even a silver mercedes? :) kimi da man!!! :D