F1 Routinier

Re: Cricket

Post by sdutt » 25 Dec 2009, 18:32

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 26 Dec 2009, 03:05

swca92 wrote:Cricket in Britain is on the Murdoch owned, cable channel Sky Sports which only a 1/4 of the nation have as it costs roughly 30 quid a month and most people won't pay for that.
In Aust, by law the Australia matches played in Australia (or England) must be on free-to-air television. Everything else (expect the IPL and T20 Champions League- which are on One HD) is on the Murdoch owned, satelite/cable channel Fox Sports which only 1/5 of the country have as it costs $A55 a month.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 26 Dec 2009, 15:49

cformula1 wrote:
swca92 wrote:Cricket in Britain is on the Murdoch owned, cable channel Sky Sports which only a 1/4 of the nation have as it costs roughly 30 quid a month and most people won't pay for that.
In Aust, by law the Australia matches played in Australia (or England) must be on free-to-air television. Everything else (expect the IPL and T20 Champions League- which are on One HD) is on the Murdoch owned, satelite/cable channel Fox Sports which only 1/5 of the country have as it costs $A55 a month.
thats a lot for just one channel :blink:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 26 Dec 2009, 16:00

sdutt wrote:
cformula1 wrote:
Actually it's 3 channels, and you get ESPN Australia, Eurosport Asia Pacific, Eurosport News, a horse racing channel and Fox Sports News bundled in as well. Also the 30 or so channels that come in the basic pack (which is $A37, but it is required for you to be able to buy the sports pack ($A18 on it's own) which is a rip-off).

The only problem with the free-to-air coverage is that i's covered by the Channel 9 (yes, THAT Channel 9), and they always cut away to the 6pm news at 6pm, even if there are overs still to be played (unless it's the last day, and a close match). Also WIN (the regional affiliate channel) are hell bent on sticking their logo over any Channel 9 logo, which is very annoying.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 26 Dec 2009, 16:44

cformula1 wrote:
sdutt wrote:
cformula1 wrote:
Actually it's 3 channels, and you get ESPN Australia, Eurosport Asia Pacific, Eurosport News, a horse racing channel and Fox Sports News bundled in as well. Also the 30 or so channels that come in the basic pack (which is $A37, but it is required for you to be able to buy the sports pack ($A18 on it's own) which is a rip-off).

The only problem with the free-to-air coverage is that i's covered by the Channel 9 (yes, THAT Channel 9), and they always cut away to the 6pm news at 6pm, even if there are overs still to be played (unless it's the last day, and a close match). Also WIN (the regional affiliate channel) are hell bent on sticking their logo over any Channel 9 logo, which is very annoying.
oh ok! thats atleast something (though i still feel it costly :D )

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 26 Dec 2009, 17:26

sdutt wrote:
cformula1 wrote:
sdutt wrote:
cformula1 wrote:

oh ok! thats atleast something (though i still feel it costly :D )
Agreed, and it is too costly for me (but there are now twice as many free-to-air channels as there was 2 years ago :D )

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 26 Dec 2009, 17:54

thats nice to hear :)

Senninha25
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Most Boring Sport To Watch

Post by Senninha25 » 03 Jan 2010, 00:12

I think golf is boring as hell too...it's only good if someone decides to do a comedy sketch involving it...
I also find that 3-ball snooker game very boring (the only kind of pool/snooker game I don't like at all, you know, the one in which the table has no holes for the b*** to be putted on, there's no fun in that).

Moba-F1
kart driver
kart driver

Re: German Bundesliga

Post by Moba-F1 » 04 Jan 2010, 18:11

What do you think: Who will be German Bundesliga champion in 2009/2010?
I hope it will be my favourite team Bayer 04 Leverkusen :cool:. But it is a looong way and it will be very difficult.
VISIT GERMAN FORMULA1-FORUM:
http://www.moba-f1.foren-city.de

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 04 Jan 2010, 19:04

Moba-F1 wrote:What do you think: Who will be German Bundesliga champion in 2009/2010?
I hope it will be my favourite team Bayer 04 Leverkusen :cool:. But it is a looong way and it will be very difficult.
Bayern Munich - they're playing very good and it's time to Come Back.

Bye Totti :wave:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Jan 2010, 22:05

I'm going to Borussia Mönchengladbach - VFL Bochum on the 16th of January! :D :D :D But Bayern are dead good! Louis van Gaal is king!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 05 Jan 2010, 19:20

Bundesliga is alright, we get 1 game a week live on Free TV, and I occasionally watch it.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 07 Jan 2010, 00:34

following the match between India and Sri Lanka, one is forced into the conclusion that these days batsmen have become too secure and have got too used to having tracks that are batting beauties, forgetting what it is to be a real batsman. Here is just something that i made connected to it.

and i do believe that not just Sri Lanka, but many other of the current teams would have done the same.

sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by sdutt » 07 Jan 2010, 00:35

sdutt wrote:following the match between India and Sri Lanka, one is forced into the conclusion that these days batsmen have become too secure and have got too used to having tracks that are batting beauties, forgetting what it is to be a real batsman. Here is just something that i made connected to it.

and i do believe that not just Sri Lanka, but many other of the current teams would have done the same.
incase you cannot see above picture clearly, click on quote and then click preview :thumbsup:

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 07 Jan 2010, 00:43

Agreed, and I think that these days batting is celebrated more than bowling, which may reduce the bowling talent pool in the future, creating problems in cricket. Personally I like unpredictable pitches that catch the batsman out.