We all love McLaren

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: We all love McLaren

Post by Rachael The Great » 14 Dec 2009, 18:55

blizzard wrote:
Rachael The Great wrote:so this was just a Hamilton hate thread? in my opinion, still out of order.
and also, its not exactly Lewis' fault if he's overhyped by the media.
Nah I wouldn´t say "hate". I don´t even know him and he hasn´t done anything to me. I might be deluded, but not THAT deluded to hate him for nothing :)
It´s just a serious dislike.
fair enough then, i have those too :lol:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 14 Dec 2009, 18:56

Alonso? Definitely not. Kubica yeah, but Hamilton deserved it most. Felipe was brilliant in Hungary and Interlagos but he was neither he or Hamilton were consistent.
Canada was terrible by Hamilton, such a silly mistake but remember Hamilton was in his 2nd season in F1, Massa was in his 6th.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 14 Dec 2009, 18:57

Rachael The Great wrote:so this was just a Hamilton hate thread? in my opinion, still out of order.
and also, its not exactly Lewis' fault if he's overhyped by the media.
ITV did brownose Hamilton though for 36 shows in 2008 and 34 shows in 2007.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 14 Dec 2009, 20:51

phil could you please change the name of the topic to the headline of the article?

Thanks mate.

rfs
kart driver
kart driver

Post by rfs » 14 Dec 2009, 22:07

Hm...

Is he overhyped? I suppose he is. But if he wants Vodafone, Reebok and whoever else to use his image in their marketing schemes then that's his choice. The British media have overexposed him too, but don't they do that in Spain with Alonso and in Germany with Schumacher?

Is he arrogant? Well if you're a rookie and you want to beat the defending double world champion, you can't play nice, can you? I think his success in his rookie season definitely got to his head in 2008 and made him talk out of his ass and drive carelessly sometimes, but his experiences in 2009 will have humbled him a bit and make him a better driver and person.

Did he deserve his championship? That doesn't matter. Whoever gets the most points wins the championship.

Also, you say Massa had reliability issues, but his car only ever broke on him once, and that was at Hungary.

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 14 Dec 2009, 22:20

phil1993 wrote:2007 Hamilton should have won it but didn't, Raikkonen sneaked it. But then again he won 6 races and Ham/Alo won 4.

Exactly, Hamilton should've won it in ´07, but Massa in ´08 in my opinion. Nevertheless Hamilton deserved the title in 08.

phil1993 wrote: And blizzard, Massa had technical issues yes, but the MP4/23 was not the fastest car. It was easily the 2nd best car if not slower than the BMW.
Wouldn't say so, really. In no way the MP4/23 was behind the BMW in performance. The level of performance between the Ferrari and the McLaren was well balanced I think.

phil1993 wrote:Look at Heikki :O
I'm sorry, but do you think you can take Heikki as a reference to judge on the performance of the Mclaren?
phil1993 wrote: Massa also drove dirty in Japan... Hamilton won it by a point in 2008 and it was deserved. I accept many McLaren penalties: liegate Yes, the others they've had yes, but not Spa 2008. Without Spa, Hamilton would have won the title by 7 points and there'd be no questions...
Same for me. Spa 08 was again an absolutely inappropriate decision of the stewards, thus the finale wouldn't have been so close.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 15 Dec 2009, 09:23

phil1993 wrote:I don't believe McLaren used Ferrari data on their car: I think it was an isolated case between Coughlan & Stepney.
I agree with alex in that the Renault case is far far worse and its hardly like Ferrari never cheated :O
Agreed, I think Renault basically got away with their race fixing far more easily than a not-proven parts from Ferrari on the McLaren.. A farce, and please change the name of the topic
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 15 Dec 2009, 12:14

phil1993 wrote:I don't believe McLaren used Ferrari data on their car: I think it was an isolated case between Coughlan & Stepney.
oh no! Not again! :p

F1 is now more proactive into C & D (Copy and Development) than R & D.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

MSC II
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MSC II » 18 Dec 2009, 15:45

Well done Lewis, great job beating a guy who had more technical problems in one season than you had in your whole career, with a car that featured all the stolen goodies from Ferrari. He´s so awesome, yeah he´s the new Senna...I disagree :lol:

Lewis is a very talented driver, but, for me, he makes too many mistakes to be a WDC.
Schumacher or Alonso, when they were WDC, they "never" made mistakes like Canada 08, Fuji 08, ....

yes they got off lightly, but what renault did in singapore is not even 10% of what mclaren did in 07, i would ban renault forever from f1, to manipulate a race is unforgiving to me, no matter who won in the end..., this is unforgiving to me

Coulthard crashed Schumi at spa in 98. Schumacher has lost his title with that.
Piquet has destroy Felipe race. Massa has lost the title with that.

I don't believe McLaren used Ferrari data on their car: I think it was an isolated case between Coughlan & Stepney.
I agree with alex in that the Renault case is far far worse and its hardly like Ferrari never cheated :O

so Coughlan and Stepney have just exchange data for fun?

But in Hamilton´s case it was all him...no mentioning of how good the McLaren was, in fact it was the best car on the grid for 2 years overall.
In 2005 Kimi was in stunning stunning form, but poor reliability cost him the championship in a season where he would have won 11 races or even 12. Hamilton had a bulletproof car for 2 years and still needed Massa to have technical issues on his car to win the championship.

YES

And blizzard, Massa had technical issues yes, but the MP4/23 was not the fastest car. It was easily the 2nd best car if not slower than the BMW. Look at Heikki :O Massa also drove dirty in Japan... Hamilton won it by a point in 2008 and it was deserved. I accept many McLaren penalties: liegate Yes, the others they've had yes, but not Spa 2008. Without Spa, Hamilton would have won the title by 7 points and there'd be no questions...

SPA 2008? Hamilton cutted, took an advantage, so he gets a penalty. Where is the problem? Rules says that when you cut, you cannot take an advantage.
I agree the rule must be changed and be more precise but McLaren never said before spa 2008 that this rule was bad.

And, in Monza 2008, Hamilton must have get a penalty to have pushed Glock and Webber on grass.

2007 Yes, it was by far the best car
2008 No. It was 2nd maybe 3rd to the Ferrari. It was just good in wet conditions.

Be honest, the McLaren and the Ferrari were nearly at the same level. In some conditions, the Ferrari was better, and in other conditions, Mclaren was better.

But if I´m honest, Felipe didn´t deserve it either in 2008, his performances in the rain were appaling bar Interlagos.

? Brilliant pole in Monaco and Singapour, a brilliant overtake on Hamilton in Hungary.
Massa must have been WDC 2008.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 18 Dec 2009, 16:26

I really cba to argue, I've been there done that in 2008.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 18 Dec 2009, 16:42

phil1993 wrote:I really cba to argue, I've been there done that in 2008.
Agreed.. :sleep:

This is just a 'Look how bad Hamilton is, and he doesn't deserve the World Title' Thread :wave:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at