Most brave driving

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Most brave driving

Post by Totopupu » 28 Aug 2009, 12:47

I watch this video on youtube of Raikkonen quali in spa 2002. Very very agressive and impressive drive.

And in one of his fastest lap, Panis broke his engine, and Kimi keep his speed.

Watch : - onboard view : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYvs3D- ... re=related :fear:

- his full 4 laps quali (amazings laps) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Hz7ItD ... re=related

Definitively, Kimi is a crazy driver
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Most brave driving

Post by Zack » 28 Aug 2009, 15:10

Nowhere near to Gilles Villenueve ... Bravest F1 Driver ever.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 28 Aug 2009, 17:00

Zack wrote:Nowhere near to Gilles Villenueve ... Bravest F1 Driver ever.
I agree, see Gilles drive in the wet at Montreal with his front wing blocking his vision or his battle with Arnoux at Dijon. He's far beyond any current F1 driver in racing toughness, brave is the wrong word here as all F1 drivers are brave.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 28 Aug 2009, 18:07

Everyone who raced in F1 before 95 was a brave mofo and some of them were crazy, like Gilles. Fantastic.
Today they know that they can hit a wall with over 200 kp/h and escape unhurt, like Kubica. But back in time, this was very very different. Up to 95 you had to be a brave bastard to drive in F1 :P

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 28 Aug 2009, 18:23

But this is brilliant driving by Kimi, the commitment..wow!
But in the end, the master of F1 was quicker again. The F2002 is simply the best F1 car of all time. Michael once said that the balance of the car is unmatched. The rules in 2002 were perfect, 100% F1.

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 30 Aug 2009, 16:31

In my opinion, the bravest drivers and drives were on the 1930's.

Driving a over 20 km long Nordschleife with bombs on wheels...

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 03 Sep 2009, 17:49

swca92 wrote:
I agree, see Gilles drive in the wet at Montreal with his front wing blocking his vision or his battle with Arnoux at Dijon. He's far beyond any current F1 driver in racing toughness, brave is the wrong word here as all F1 drivers are brave.
All true !!! Sometimes to be P1 really doesn`t matter, if you`re witnessing something special !
blizzard wrote:Everyone who raced in F1 before 95 was a brave mofo and some of them were crazy, like Gilles. Fantastic.
Today they know that they can hit a wall with over 200 kp/h and escape unhurt, like Kubica. But back in time, this was very very different. Up to 95 you had to be a brave bastard to drive in F1 :P
Until late 70s i think F1 was an highly dangerous ocupation. I started to watch in 1985 and i don`t think there was the feeling that "F1 IS DANGEROUS" , of course all the risks were there, but only Elio de Angelis died at the time, and it was on private tests, so people almost didn`t gave much attention to it (sadly), in racing there were acidents but nothing serious. In 1990 Martin Donnelly had his HUGE crash at Jerez, everyone said how lucky he was, and it was almost a miracle and so on, the situation itself made FIA to claim that this was also the result of their great efforts to improve safety, wich "we" agreed. I noticed you wrote before 1995, well i can only assume that you didn`t forgot about Imola 94 with great respect i might say, but let me tell you that the general idea or the perspective of safety we had was the same you have today, obviously things are way better now but you get the point, in 1994 you simply couldn`t believe that a driver could actually die in a crash, but it happened twice. As i usually say, F1 drivers are all brave, brave enough to be there, you are right when you say that today is safer, the barriers are better and farer and the mistakes are perhaps more "forgiven", some years ago one driver entered a corner thinking that if there was an acident there at the moment it problably would cost him his own life, today i doubt this happen, but the risks are still there, if you ask me i thimk Kubica is a very lucky guy after Canada, and even Massa could have been a lot worse, that`s why we keep watching the sport, not because it`s dangerous and we want blood, but it`s fast, thrilling and exciting, they are brave, but some are more than others :) .

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Sep 2009, 18:02

When drivers raced knowing they might die definitely the bravest... but in the post-2000s (when I have regularly watched F1) - definitely Alonso round the outside of Schumacher at 130R. That took b***.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 03 Sep 2009, 19:04

Totopupu wrote:I watch this video on youtube of Raikkonen quali in spa 2002. Very very agressive and impressive drive.

And in one of his fastest lap, Panis broke his engine, and Kimi keep his speed.

Watch : - onboard view : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYvs3D- ... re=related :fear:

- his full 4 laps quali (amazings laps) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Hz7ItD ... re=related

Definitively, Kimi is a crazy driver
That one got to my mind right away when I saw this thread. But oh man that PC after the quali is hilarious! :lol:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 04 Sep 2009, 19:46

MP4/4#12 wrote:
swca92 wrote:
All true !!! Sometimes to be P1 really doesn`t matter, if you`re witnessing something special !
blizzard wrote:Everyone who raced in F1 before 95 was a brave mofo and some of them were crazy, like Gilles. Fantastic.
Until late 70s i think F1 was an highly dangerous ocupation. I started to watch in 1985 and i don`t think there was the feeling that "F1 IS DANGEROUS" , of course all the risks were there, but only Elio de Angelis died at the time, and it was on private tests, so people almost didn`t gave much attention to it (sadly), in racing there were acidents but nothing serious. In 1990 Martin Donnelly had his HUGE crash at Jerez, everyone said how lucky he was, and it was almost a miracle and so on, the situation itself made FIA to claim that this was also the result of their great efforts to improve safety, wich "we" agreed. I noticed you wrote before 1995, well i can only assume that you didn`t forgot about Imola 94 with great respect i might say, but let me tell you that the general idea or the perspective of safety we had was the same you have today, obviously things are way better now but you get the point, in 1994 you simply couldn`t believe that a driver could actually die in a crash, but it happened twice. As i usually say, F1 drivers are all brave, brave enough to be there, you are right when you say that today is safer, the barriers are better and farer and the mistakes are perhaps more "forgiven", some years ago one driver entered a corner thinking that if there was an acident there at the moment it problably would cost him his own life, today i doubt this happen, but the risks are still there, if you ask me i thimk Kubica is a very lucky guy after Canada, and even Massa could have been a lot worse, that`s why we keep watching the sport, not because it`s dangerous and we want blood, but it`s fast, thrilling and exciting, they are brave, but some are more than others :) .
I think there's brave, which they all need to be, and then there's mentally unstable... :p I joke, but some of them have the amazing ability to completely disregard the dangers of the sport and plough on regardless in the wet or dry, round tracks or streets. Villeneuve, I agree (with swca) springs to mind as the foremost of these drivers in terms of braveness, or at least has a great deal of instances of braveness.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

MSC II
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MSC II » 16 Dec 2009, 16:18

I consider that the most brave driving are desesperate driving of driver who have a "normal" or "bad" car.

I remember Suzuka 2002 practices when McNish was wanting to stay in Toyota and he pushed so hard that he made a huge huge crash.

Monaco 2001 with Montoya pushing like a hell in the 6 first laps (he crashed in lap 6).

Silverstone 99 for Schumi.

And finally, the worst moment but the most brave driving for me is Gilles Villeneuve in Zolder because he tried to make a better time with destroy tyres.
Gilles was maybe too brave ...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 16 Dec 2009, 16:26

Schumacher's shunt was caused by brake failure

MSC II
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MSC II » 16 Dec 2009, 16:37

yes but for me the move was very optimistic

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 16 Dec 2009, 17:00

MSC II wrote:
yes but for me the move was very optimistic
What move? He just crashed. End of story. Nothing intentional... :confused:

sadsac72
car driver
car driver

Post by sadsac72 » 24 Jan 2010, 10:02

my choice would be niki lauda after his near death experience he still wanted too prove who was best
where most other drivers would turn there back on the sport :roll::