Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Kimi Raikkonen be in 2010?

Poll ended at 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

Sabbatical (rallying)
64%
Mercedes
36%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

phil1993

Re: Kimi to Mclaren ?

Post by phil1993 » 02 Nov 2009, 18:25

The last time 2 McLaren drivers appeared on the podium was Italy 2007

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 02 Nov 2009, 18:42

Kimi looks pretty s*** in the current McLaren suit.

I wish the damn orange of vodafone would be gone for 2010, it makes the livery so ugly imo.

From 97- 2005 the McLaren was always one, if not THE most beautiful car on the grid.

But that chrome/orange livery hurts my eyes.

They should go back to a silver and black livery, with Barclays or Microsoft as main sponsor.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 02 Nov 2009, 18:52

mclaren got rid of the black colors......it absorbs heat thus the massive amount of engine failures for them. (just my opinion :) )

macssafc
kart driver
kart driver

Post by macssafc » 02 Nov 2009, 18:54

im still not certain he's going to join mclaren. i dont know why i keep thinking it. i dont think Heiki will be there next season either.

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 02 Nov 2009, 19:24

macssafc wrote:im still not certain he's going to join mclaren. i dont know why i keep thinking it. i dont think Heiki will be there next season either.

lol.. change ur thinking them. :)

Kimi will be the Mclaren driver for 2010 at least. :cool:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 02 Nov 2009, 20:57

amoljoshi wrote:
macssafc wrote:im still not certain he's going to join mclaren. i dont know why i keep thinking it. i dont think Heiki will be there next season either.

Should agree with macssafc - Rosberg still has a shot at Mclaren. If Mercedes threaten to pull the plug on engine supply, then Mclaren may try and pacify Mercedes by hiring Nico Rosberg.

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 03 Nov 2009, 11:40

Sanredrose wrote:
amoljoshi wrote:

Should agree with macssafc - Rosberg still has a shot at Mclaren. If Mercedes threaten to pull the plug on engine supply, then Mclaren may try and pacify Mercedes by hiring Nico Rosberg.
Well Kimi`s move will also guarantee Mercedes Power for Mclaren. Haug just adores kimi. :O

Here`s another piece of interview where Daddy Hamilton is talking :p :
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/85542.html
IT'S OKAY FOR HAMILTON's IF KIMI COMES

Turun Sanomat 2.11 2009 22:59:49

According to British sources Anthony and Lewis Hamilton wouldn't be thrilled at all of the idea that McLaren would hire Kimi Räikkönen to be Hamilton's team mate.

Anthony Hamilton wanted to correct all these claims through Turun Sanomat.
– First of all I have to say that Lewis and I don't have any influence when it comes to McLaren chosing drivers. But if you need badly championships then you also need Kimi in the team. Kimi is the best driver available. Lewis and Kimi would most certainly push each other in the best way into even better results.
– If I would have to make the choice I would take Kimi but I don't have anything againts Heikki continuing either, daddy Hamilton said.
– We have always liked Heikki. He is a great team mate who does his work well. Kimi again is kind of a cool-guy. I think that he is the choice number one and the best driver who could come beside Lewis to this team, Hamilton says and waits with a great interest how the negotiations between Räikkönen's managers and Martin Whitmarsh go forward this week.

Turun Sanomat, Abu Dhabi
HEIKKI KULTA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here`s the interview of Robertson ( Kimi`s manager ).

--------------------------------------------
Translation courtesy of Leijona
http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/85535.html

Abu Dhabi is basicly a home race for David and Steve Robertson who live permanently in Dubai within a hundred kilometers from the Yas Marina track. Both Kimi Räikkönen's British managers were very busy throughout the weekend, although contract negotiations are known to not have particularly proceeded.

What was the situation of Kimi Räikkönen's contract negotiations on Sunday night?

- The intention is to stay in the F1 tracks. Discussions are continuing and in order to reach agreement it requires some arrangements. Kimi is a very honest and says directly what he wants to do. Only if a contract with McLaren is born, he wants to continue in F1, Steve Robertson said to TS.

- If an agreement is not reached, Kimi does not want to drive in any other F1 team. Kimi wants to only fight for and win the championship. He is not interested to be in only to improve his statistics.

And what are the possibilities for that agreement?

- Possibilities can't be measured beforehand. But when you watch what Kimi did at the end of the season with a car that belongs to the museum, at least everyone knows what he can do. Hopefully we get something agreed. Things have to be whirled by both parties.

Will it take weeks before the solution is generated?

- I hope the decision comes sooner than later. Kimi has other options than to continue F1. It would be easier for everyone if we can get things quickly agreed, Robertson said.

The manager is very proud of Kimi's three years in Ferrari.

- Overall, this was absolutely a fantastic time. Kimi won half of the championships, which he took part of - the drivers title in 2007 and manufacturers' titles 2007-08.

- He did a good job also now, even though the car was virtually nowhere. With the second half's points he would have been just at the top, although race after race the car's performance weakened. The last new development package came to Hungary, and even that was only a very small step of development.

- It is amazing that the team is fourth with these provisions, when only the other driver drove for points. I think the team is satisfied with the work Kimi made, Robertson summed it up.
-------------------------------------------
Anyway, I think Kimi will drive Mclaren in 2010 at least.

:thumbsup:

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 04 Nov 2009, 11:50

Raikkonen gets Hamilton’s blessing

Lewis Hamilton would welcome Kimi Raikkonen as his new McLaren Mercedes team-mate, the British driver's father Anthony Hamilton has confirmed.

2008 world champion Hamilton has until now stated his desire to keep Heikki Kovalainen alongside him, raising suggestions he does not want to be challenged by the occupant of the sister car.

"First, I want to say that neither Lewis nor myself have any influence on the decision," Hamilton Snr told the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat.

"But if I was deciding between Kimi and Heikki, I would go for Kimi," he added, "even if I have nothing against Heikki.
We've always like him; he's a great team-mate and does his job well.

"Kimi is a cool guy," Anthony Hamilton added. "I think he is the prime candidate and the best driver to be at Lewis' side in this team; they would push each other on."

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International
Go Lewis and Kimi for next years at Macca! :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmDxmmM2A_E

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 04 Nov 2009, 21:26

amoljoshi wrote:

Haug Loves Kimi Raikkonen ... So Mercedes might hang on till Kimi retires from Mclaren ...

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 04 Nov 2009, 21:53

also remember kimi's radio comment with ferrari, maybe malaysia 2008........."don't talk to me on the corners!"

probably irked some at ferrari as kimi's probably irked @ ferrari as well.......

welcome back iceman @ mclaren :)

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 05 Nov 2009, 19:10

Sanredrose wrote:
amoljoshi wrote:

Haug Loves Kimi Raikkonen ... So Mercedes might hang on till Kimi retires from Mclaren ...
Agreed! :thumbsup:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Nov 2009, 13:59

There is some rumours around that Kimi will earn 3 million plus 200 000 per point.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 06 Nov 2009, 17:10

5 million plus 1 million per victory more precisely :)

so he will earn 15 millions in 2010 for sure with Ferrari money
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 06 Nov 2009, 18:20

200000 x 10 pts. (race win) is 2,000,000......

if the improbable but technically possible happens - him winning all of next year's races....... that would sum up to 38,000,000! mind boggling! :blink:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 07 Nov 2009, 07:22

megasyxx wrote:200000 x 10 pts. (race win) is 2,000,000......

if the improbable but technically possible happens - him winning all of next year's races....... that would sum up to 38,000,000! mind boggling! :blink:
I am still skeptical about Kimi being hired. $38 million is quite a lot of money, i am pretty sure McLaren is going to look for all options before signing Kimi. He might be ready to join team if they promise him that we can win WDC, but i guess the Robertson's are screwing it up ....