Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Kimi Raikkonen be in 2010?

Poll ended at 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

Sabbatical (rallying)
64%
Mercedes
36%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

phil1993

Re: Kimi's 2010?

Post by phil1993 » 26 Oct 2009, 19:31

swca92 wrote:If I'm honest, I don't really care where he ends up next year. He's a good driver, but I hate sportsmen who don't give it everything and try their hardest. And Kimi often doesn't, look at some of his performances the last 2 seasons.
Because kimi likes vodka and ice cream mumble kers ferrari mumble

Look, Kimi has been driving fantastically in Monaco and every race since Hungary. The question is how he would have fared compared to Massa... but there is no questioning his motivation :O

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Kimi to Mclaren ?

Post by Totopupu » 26 Oct 2009, 20:02

If I'm honest, I don't really care where he ends up next year. He's a good driver, but I hate sportsmen who don't give it everything and try their hardest. And Kimi often doesn't, look at some of his performances the last 2 seasons.
I never understand these kind of opinion because Kimi has always the same attitude if he win a championship or lost a race, or crash,....
He is not an emotive man.
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 26 Oct 2009, 20:28

I don't care about Malaysia but often he's lacklustre, especially if the car isn't handling well. For most of 2008 and some of 07 he was performing poorly, especially in qualifying. Often I think it was because he wasn't working hard enough to get a good setup or in the race he cruised rather than drove flat out.

Jacobss
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Jacobss » 26 Oct 2009, 20:52

swca92 wrote:I don't care about Malaysia but often he's lacklustre, especially if the car isn't handling well. For most of 2008 and some of 07 he was performing poorly, especially in qualifying. Often I think it was because he wasn't working hard enough to get a good setup or in the race he cruised rather than drove flat out.
And there is your problem. You DON'T now if he's performing poorly. You only think so. That's why there is no point to take your opinion serious. :zz:
Kimi: Always cool and always the Iceman

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 26 Oct 2009, 21:07

swca92 wrote:I don't care about Malaysia but often he's lacklustre, especially if the car isn't handling well. For most of 2008 and some of 07 he was performing poorly, especially in qualifying. Often I think it was because he wasn't working hard enough to get a good setup or in the race he cruised rather than drove flat out.
If I continue defending, you probably won't change your mind anyways.... :zz:

For me, Kimi is motivated and he is one of the best drivers on the grid currently. And from all drivers has the most raw speed.

amoljoshi
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by amoljoshi » 26 Oct 2009, 21:14

sejtur wrote:
If I continue defending, you probably won't change your mind anyways.... :zz:

For me, Kimi is motivated and he is one of the best drivers on the grid currently. And from all drivers has the most raw speed.
Yeah we better stop this, sejtur. Agreed Totally with sejtur.

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 26 Oct 2009, 21:46

Its incredible that many people cannot think by theirselves and not by influence of bad journalist.

Swca92, you have heard some journalist who says Raikkonen has not motivation.
And, in the same time, you saw Kimi makes some great performance in a normal car.
But, you prefer to hear journalist. Why? Because you are manipulate.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 26 Oct 2009, 23:23

Totopupu wrote:Its incredible that many people cannot think by theirselves and not by influence of bad journalist.

Swca92, you have heard some journalist who says Raikkonen has not motivation.
And, in the same time, you saw Kimi makes some great performance in a normal car.
But, you prefer to hear journalist. Why? Because you are manipulate.
I am not manipulated and I do think for myself, you should watch yourself before accusing others. Also it doesn't help my opinion of Kimi when I have fanboys on my back...

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 27 Oct 2009, 07:34

I am not a fanboy of Kimi but I think that a driver who want to stay in F1 only if he can battle for victory has a huge motivation...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 Oct 2009, 07:37

Totopupu wrote:I am not a fanboy of Kimi

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 27 Oct 2009, 07:47

I almost 99% sure that kimi its going to any team except for mclaren, something its hapening and agreement, a personal or other kind of issue.

trust me for some reason kimi doesnt want to comeback...

becuase mclaren have a good car for next year and also can pay a good salary to kimi. its sound like perfect team for kimi, but he is not sign any contract with mclaren. why the delay money are dont think so.
for me kimi wants another team or rallies, rather than mclaren
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 27 Oct 2009, 09:45

I would love to see Kimi driving silver arrows again but i don't see it happening .. he's more into the Toyota switch tho Toyota said he's too expensive :p
Off-Topic: show
Mika advises McLaren to keep Heiki - http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1445.shtml

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 27 Oct 2009, 11:23

Heiki is a nice guy and relatively good in qualifying, but compared to Kimi he´s only second class material.

I think the main issues why Kimi doesn´t seem to rejoin McLaren are:

1) His wage demands
2) McLaren wanting a clear no.1 (Hamilton) and someone who plays second fiddle to him (Heiki) to prevent a 2007 situation from happening.
3) Norbert Haug and Mercedes not beeing Kimi´s biggest fans
4) Anthony Hamilton beeing on their back fuming "If Kimi joins us, I´ll search for alternatives for my son in the future".
5) Kimi not relying 100% on F1 anymore. Playing a bit of a waiting game to sort out all offers, if nothing special is included, I can see him taing a sabbatical or joining Nascar (because of the big prize money), I can´t see him in rally these days, which rally team can afford to pay 20 million dollars to their driver? None.

Would be cool to see Kimi in a Lotus, taking them back to former glory. Maybe Petronas can afford his salary.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 Oct 2009, 11:26

I also think McLaren aren't too keen on Kimi going rallying

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 27 Oct 2009, 11:30

Kimi and the Robertsons (his managers) need to sort out Kimi's future sooner rather than later because if they leave it too late all the drives will be gone and he will be looking at the second USF1 seat/Nascar/WRC/Sabbatical.

I hope Kimi finds a drive that he likes though :)