Felipe Massa Injury - Fisichella to race to the end of 2009

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

If Massa cannot race, who should replace him?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2009, 18:52

Fernando Alonso
36%
Luca Badoer
28%
Mirko Bortolotti
3%
Sebastien Bourdais
11%
Marc Gene
22%
Davide Rigon
No votes

Total votes: 36

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Felipe Massa Injury - Fisichella to race to the end of 2009

Post by shailf1 » 05 Oct 2009, 17:53

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 05 Oct 2009, 17:56

Thanks shail ! His eye is looking good there :) Can't wait to see him in an F1 car again

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Oct 2009, 18:31

Wow he looks fantastic for someone who had a near-fatal accident just 10 weeks ago

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Oct 2009, 20:55

OH MY GOD THAT CAR!! Sorry for caps, but I'm impressed by the looks of that car! What kinda Ferrari is that???
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Oct 2009, 20:59

Another test for Massa:
Medical exam for Massa with GP2 car
Spoiler:
The Ferrari team has revealed that FIA stewards have accepted a request, as far as Felipe Massa's return to racing is concerned; to optimise his recovery, the Brazilian driver can legally go through a medical exam with a GP2 car at Jerez on Tuesday.

Now more than two months after the freak accident in which he was injured during the Hungarian Grand Prix's qualifying session, the Scuderia Ferrari driver will be involved as of Tuesday this week in a development programme set up at the start of the season which involves activities in the Maranello simulator.

According to F1 governing body the FIA, Massa's GP2 test does not represent a violation of the 2009 rules, which forbid tests during the season.

Code: Select all

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/10/05/medical-exam-for-massa-with-gp2-car/
I'm soooo curious to know the lap times will drive next week in the Ferrari F2007, but also curious to know what the reaction of his head will be on the G-forces, etc...

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 06 Oct 2009, 10:28

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t516q6BeLc[/youtube]
From the visit to maranello

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 09 Oct 2009, 21:45

I heard something interesting on the radio today, it was someone comparing felipe to susan boyle.

it was a weird comment but in many ways made sense, he said now people are wondering how many months will it take for ferrari to say ok alonso is 1 and felipe is 2, some say by mid season it will happen, cause everyone expects alonso to launch as a rocket.

but then you look at it like it's a show, and there's a diva, the main singer, and then they hire the backup singers, and what happens when the backup singer is like susan boyle, out of nowhere bust out with a earth shattering voice, that can rival the diva. it would seem like felipe is ferrari's second driver, has always been, but they forgot to tell him that!

And so he somehow manages to eventually catch up with the driver who's supposed to be the number 1.

Let's not pretend that when kimi raikkonen arrived we didnt fully expected him to be number 1, and felipe to be exactly as he was during 06, be a decent second driver, and kimi was better than felipe, and managed to win the championship, and then in 2008 at some point felipe's job was actually hanging on the line, and somehow before the season was over, he managed to be faster than his teammate, to be the best driver on the grid for the season, and lost the championship in the last corner.

So even thou he doesn't have a championship which kimi has, but to me he outperformed kimi, who came to ferrari to be the star.

I think alonso is better than felipe, he certainly has a better record, but something tells me that we still haven't seen everything felipe can do, or become, and i wonder if ferrari thinks the same way. i wonder if they are looking at alonso and massa as a pair of champions rather than one champion and one very good second driver.

Looking back at it, makes you wonder why and how felipe really made it to where he is now, certainly his first season wasn't like an alonso, or a lewis, he didn't come into the scene already with all this potential. Then even after getting fired, he got a test with ferrari, and i wonder that maybe michael and jean saw something special there, something that needed alot of work in, and time, but that would ultimately show something unique.

For some reason i wonder if eventually felipe won't be able to catch up to fernando, it seems felipe watches very carefuly the work around him, and he learns from all of that, and he upgrades himself accordingly. not only does he save his job, but leaps forward.

it will be a very interesting season, cause i agree, i don't think felipe knows alonso is better lol. and i think it will be very good for ferrari, to have 2 drivers who will be giving 100% efforts to winning, during the whole season, that's something to see... really can't wait.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 10 Oct 2009, 06:37

Massa: Full recovery for damaged eye
Spoiler:
Felipe Massa was delighted to learn that his left eye, badly affected in his qualifying crash in Hungary 11 weeks ago, has now fully healed. The Brazilian attended a Paris hospital on Friday in order to undergo further medical tests.

Having suffered the freak accident at the Hungaroring on 25 July, Massa has since missed five Grands Prix as his recuperation continued at home in Brazil; upon arriving at Ferrari Maranello base this week, the Brazilian's wound was visually much improved following cosmetic surgery in Miami.

However, after attending the Pitié Salpetrière hospital in the French capital for FIA-appointed medical tests, doctors revealed that the Ferrari driver's eye has now fully recovered, after the heavy blow from an airborne steel spring weighing 800g had initially risked full loss of sight in the region affected.

Massa is due to take to the wheel of the F2007 Ferrari in Italy next week, with Monday currently pencilled in as the most likely day.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/10/09/massa-full-recovery-for-damaged-eye/

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 12 Oct 2009, 08:59

Massa won't return in 2009
Spoiler:
have confirmed that Felipe Massa will not return to Formula One this season. The Brazilian has been out of action since fracturing his skull in qualifying for July's Hungarian grand prix.
Having retained a hope of being fit to take part in the season's final race, in Abu Dhabi on 1 November, the 28-year-old admitted last week that his chances of returning this season were "very, very low". Ferrari have now ruled it out completely, announcing in a statement that "talk of a proper return to Formula One can wait until the start of the 2010 season".

Ferrari said the medical check-up Massa underwent in Paris on Friday had proved "rather positive". The Brazilian will get back in a Formula One car later today when he drives a privately owned F2007 at the Fiorano track near Maranello, Italy. Ferrari said, however, that this was no indication that he was nearing a return to action.

The statement, on Ferrari's website last night, read: "This is in no way a proper test session and looking at the stopwatch will not be on the agenda – there will be plenty of time for that in 2010 when, alongside Fernando Alonso, he will begin development work of the new single-seater.

"It is simply an opportunity for Felipe to renew his acquaintance with his natural environment, namely the race track. The Brazilian driver will do a few laps at the wheel of a privately owned F2007, run by staff of Ferrari's F1 Clienti department.

"Tomorrow's event is significant but in no way does it signify a return to competition in the near future.

"In fact, based on a previously taken decision and after an informal medical examination in Paris a few days ago, which proved rather positive, but not enough to endorse a return to competition in the next two months, Felipe and the team want to proceed gradually and without any hurry to recover as well as possible from the effects of the accident that happened in Budapest back on 25 July.

"Therefore talk of a proper return to Formula One can wait until the start of the 2010 season and only at that time will the medical checks be carried out, as required by the FIA in order to allow someone who has been injured to return to racing."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/oct/12/felipe-massa-formula-one-ferrari

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 12 Oct 2009, 12:36

Massa is back on a F1 car.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjS2YPWMYdc[/youtube]

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 12 Oct 2009, 17:43

Pictures of Felipe's test :

:)

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2009, 17:45

He looks fantastic!!

This made me :hug:

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 12 Oct 2009, 17:54

phil1993 wrote:He looks fantastic!!
Yeah ! There's only a small wound above his eyebrow. :)

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 12 Oct 2009, 18:07

Massa is looking absolutely fantastic :D
I hope he goes well next year :)

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 12 Oct 2009, 19:09

Smedley is such a nice bloke. He personally wrote an e-mail to the admin of a Ferrari forum, to thank them for their support of Felipe.

Glad to see Felipe back and the F2007 with slicks looks so right, opposed to the 2009 spec cars also known as "bathtubs" :)