Kimi: Mercedes drive or sabbatical?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Where will Kimi Raikkonen be in 2010?

Poll ended at 28 Dec 2009, 21:51

Sabbatical (rallying)
64%
Mercedes
36%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: 2009 Kimi's last season or just at Ferrari?

Post by iceman1 » 01 Oct 2009, 06:47

Totopupu wrote:Alonso goes to Ferrari. Ferrari pay Kimi to go in McLaren.

Consequently, I am not since today a ferrari fan.
How a team can pay a so exceptionnal driver to leave his team?
How is this possible when some teams are near to leave F1 for economics problem?

Montezemolo was a brilliant president but since 2006, he makes just shits.
He has pushed Schumi on his house, he has refused Brawn, he has kept Dominecalli, he has paid Kimi to leave the team, and finally, he has take a cheater to replace kimi.
I couldn't Agree more :thumbsup:

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 01 Oct 2009, 07:41

Montezemolo probably thinks Alonso is better than Kimi and a better team player, and Alonso is NOT a cheater (there's a difference between gamesmanship and blatant cheating). Alonso in my opinion is a better driver than Raikkonen, I think its a god move for all sides.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 01 Oct 2009, 07:51

iceman1 wrote:
Totopupu wrote:Alonso goes to Ferrari. Ferrari pay Kimi to go in McLaren.

Consequently, I am not since today a ferrari fan.
How a team can pay a so exceptionnal driver to leave his team?
How is this possible when some teams are near to leave F1 for economics problem?

Montezemolo was a brilliant president but since 2006, he makes just shits.
He has pushed Schumi on his house, he has refused Brawn, he has kept Dominecalli, he has paid Kimi to leave the team, and finally, he has take a cheater to replace kimi.
I couldn't Agree more :thumbsup:
+1 but i'll continue to support Ferrari & Massa & Schumacher :O

Hopefully, Massa can handle Negative Political clouds created by Alonso :fear:
blizzard wrote: Come on mate, Kimi was a disappointment at Ferrari. He never hit the form he had during his McLaren days, especially 2005.
I think you just expected to much from him at the wrong period.
blizzard wrote:He was bought to dominate Formula One and become the team´s number one.
Was Ferrari really number ONE team since 2005 ? Answer is NO. So obviously, what you give is what you get :zz: With Ferrari pushing itself with drivers equality policy how is he suppose to become team leader :lol:
blizzard wrote:Alonso is completely different. A born fighter and leader, who claims the number one status and leads his team to success, no matter what.
I think overall he is more hungry and more of a leader than Kimi. His mentality is simply better suited to Ferrari.
This going haunt Ferrari ... Only time will tell :zz:
blizzard wrote:The fans simply expect to rather crash into Hamilton than letting him by. I remember after Monza 2007 a lot of Ferrari fans lost the faith in Kimi, when he let Hamilton by for second position, without even fighting him. That was unacceptable for the tifosi.
Ohh God! this is rubbish ... :lol: Ferrari suffered brake problems and Mclaren has ultra superior in Monza.
And all the guys now claiming "I´m not a Ferrari fan anymore" an whatever. Let me tell you one thing: We don´t need you, everyone who follows a driver from team to team and switches from McLaren to Renault fan or Ferrari to McLaren fan is a fanboy nothing more.
:thumbsup: but F1 needs it.

Kimi may be cold but guarantee no side effects.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 01 Oct 2009, 09:10

Come on mate, Kimi was a disappointment at Ferrari. He never hit the form he had during his McLaren days, especially 2005.
He was bought to dominate Formula One and become the team´s number one. But he is simply not a teamleader and I think that´s the main reason for dropping him. Yes his performances this season from Hungary till Singapore were amazing, but the start to the season was not good at all, ok the car was very difficult, but Felipe easily outscored him until his accident. But overrall he drove a good 2009 season.
But in 2007 and especially 2008 he was far away from brilliant. In fact he played second fiddle to Felipe last year and his performances in 2007 weren´t as good as expected. Especially in tough situations he appeared to be the first one leaving, instead of working extra hard and leading the team to success. Kimi is someone who needs to feel comfortable to be quick. Then he is absolutely special, but as soon as he isn´t in that comfort zone, he starts to disappear.

Alonso is completely different. A born fighter and leader, who claims the number one status and leads his team to success, no matter what.
I think overall he is more hungry and more of a leader than Kimi. His mentality is simply better suited to Ferrari.

The fans simply expect to rather crash into Hamilton than letting him by. I remember after Monza 2007 a lot of Ferrari fans lost the faith in Kimi, when he let Hamilton by for second position, without even fighting him. That was unacceptable for the tifosi.

Kimi is much better suited to a team like McLaren or Williams, with a rather cold atmosphere and a complete focus on results.
The only thing that matters to him is the "what" and not "how". For example he doesn´t care whether Hamilton teaches him a lesson during the race, but in the end he does win the race himself. Whereas the Ferrari fans always want to win in style, by defeating the others and beating them in a head to head, without getting humiliated a few laps before.

And the fact that Fernando cheated doesn´t even bother me at all. The biggest cheater in F1 is Hamilton at the moment. No doubt about it.
His chicane cutting and lying to the stewards are pretty famous by now :p
In Fernando´s position, almost every one cheated, Schumi, Senna, Coulthard, J.Villeneuve. Nobody is perfect.

I am 100% convinced that Fernando is the right man for us at the right time and will bring us back on track and make us proud and remind us that driving for Ferrari is something very special that only special people do.

Di Montezemolo said in 2008: "Kimi is a special person, he doesn´t talk."
This cynism sums it up pretty much.

And all the guys now claiming "I´m not a Ferrari fan anymore" an whatever. Let me tell you one thing: We don´t need you, everyone who follows a driver from team to team and switches from McLaren to Renault fan or Ferrari to McLaren fan is a fanboy nothing more.
In 3 seasons on Ferrari, Kimi has made some exceptionnal performance :
in 07 in australia, Silverstone, France, Spa, China, Brazil.
He was having more victory than others and if he doesnt have car failure in Barcelona, or Ferrari team failure in Fuji, he would have been 1st of championship with more points.
But I say that in 2007, lewis must have win the championship, because it was his 1st season and he made brilliant driving.

In 08 he has made some great races but he was unlucky (Australia, Canada, weather predictions error in Silverstone, Monaco penalty because of his team, France, Valencia, and Spa when his left behind tyre was broken) many times.

In 09, he was very good since massa accident. Its easy to explain : Kimi and Dominecalli were having very bad relation in 2009, and when Kimi was the only one who can score points, all the team has work at 100% for him.

And I am a ferrari fan since many years. I am a Michael and Rubens fan, I am Massa fan, I am Kimi fan since December 07, but I think this is ridiculous to pay this driver to leave his team.
So I am not since yesterday a Ferrari fan.

But I am sure Ferrari will regret this decision when Kimi will prevent his old team from victory
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 01 Oct 2009, 09:24

I am pissed with Ferrari's policy.Maybe Kimi talks less, but give him the car & he drives & shows the results.2008 Season Kimi had a low season all bcoz of Ferrari's Mistakes.Monaco,Silverstone,Valencia etc. And for Alonso going there I am not too much impressed.When a guy could not work in a team like McLaren which drivers dream of driving all their lives he managed there for only a year. And now Ferrari taking him, with all the negative politics & alonso's reputation I dont think it will help them. Only reason they took Alonso is becuase they want the Santander sponsorship to go smoothly.Lots of money coming from there.And then Mr.Montezemolo quoting "We select our drivers, not our sponsors" I think this time Santander selected the Driver for Ferrari. It feels Ferrari ditched Kimi "The Iceman"

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 01 Oct 2009, 09:48

I think Ferrari is making a huge mistake dumping Kimi. Furthermore, don't Massa and Alonso hate each other? Go back and look at the post race from Europe 2007 to see what I mean...
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Oct 2009, 11:49

“Maybe I will race, maybe not,” he is quoted as having said by The Associated Press. “My only aim, if I am going to race next year, is to have a car that can win the championship – otherwise there is no point.

“I don't have any bad things to say about [McLaren] – we always had a good relationship. It's a chance, but so far I have not thought much about these things.”

“There is a chance,” he reflected, “but there is a chance to do Formula 1. I don't know what will happen. I will decide at some point – before the start of next year.”

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 01 Oct 2009, 12:03

:( maybe no Kimi next year in F1. I understand him, because Ferrari is everybody's highest goal as a team.

Interview with Domenicali
Q. Kimi Raikkonen has been a great driver for you, but why do you think ultimately Ferrari fell out of love with him?

SD: First of all, I don't want to speak about him in this way, because it is not correct. And you will never hear me speak in the negative about Kimi – never. I feel he is a great talent and a great champion and he is in the history of Ferrari. Don't forget it. He won the world title, and that was one of his objectives with us. Kimi is part of our team, but you have to make decisions for the future and you have to consider a lot of things, but Kimi is fantastic.

Q. Although Kimi was a world champion with Ferrari, why did you not want to continue?

SD: I think first of all, when you take a decision like that you have to consider a lot of things. It is part of the tough decisions that you have to take looking ahead and we felt it was a decision we had to take – but you will never achieve in getting me to say something negative about Kimi. He is one of the strongest in the field.

Q. Taking on Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton at McLaren will be quite a serious prospect, won't it?

SD: First of all, I don't know if this is the case for the future.

Q. Well, let's imagine...

SD: I can imagine that it is one of the possibilities, and for sure they will be a couple of great drivers – that is without doubt.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Oct 2009, 12:43

Q. Kimi Raikkonen has been a great driver for you, but why do you think ultimately Ferrari fell out of love with him?

SD: First of all, I don't want to speak about him in this way, because it is not correct. And you will never hear me speak in the negative about Kimi – never. I feel he is a great talent and a great champion and he is in the history of Ferrari. Don't forget it. He won the world title, and that was one of his objectives with us. Kimi is part of our team, but you have to make decisions for the future and you have to consider a lot of things, but Kimi is fantastic.
This guy is crazy :roll::

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 01 Oct 2009, 13:06

Ferrariman60 wrote:Furthermore, don't Massa and Alonso hate each other? Go back and look at the post race from Europe 2007 to see what I mean...
Don't think so, Europe 07 was just a misunderstanding :zz:
Alonso somehow even tried to apologize in the press conference, if I remember it right.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Oct 2009, 13:09

Kimi Räikkönen told on Thursday that Ferrari has said in their press release words that Kimi has never said.

- I am not at all sad like some have written. When the situation came to this, there were options and we decided about it this way together, Räikkönen said.

:D

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 01 Oct 2009, 13:14

c'mon kimi/mclaren.....stop playing around and make the official announcement :D

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 01 Oct 2009, 16:14

iceman1 wrote:Kimi Räikkönen told on Thursday that Ferrari has said in their press release words that Kimi has never said.

- I am not at all sad like some have written. When the situation came to this, there were options and we decided about it this way together, Räikkönen said.

:D
LOL
At least he did say in an interview that he has happy memories from Ferrari, so they gambled that part right. :p

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 01 Oct 2009, 17:43

Totopupu
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Totopupu » 01 Oct 2009, 17:47

This interview of Raikkonen is just uninteressant.

Kimi just say he has many options for next year, but if no team is able to give him a good car, he will go in an other racing serie
Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Michael Schumacher = DREAM TEAM