2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2010 Season Discussions: Line-ups, News and Regulations

Post by hannibal_rising » 29 Sep 2009, 09:47

According to several newspapers and sites, the Alonso deal with Ferrari would be: 5+1 one year; 25 millions for each season, and Alonso asked to bring some engineers from Red Bull, McLaren and Renault. The contract would be already in FIA's hands and would be announced Thursday morning in Suzuka.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Sep 2009, 10:07

hannibal_rising wrote:According to several newspapers and sites, the Alonso deal with Ferrari would be: 5+1 one year; 25 millions for each season, and Alonso asked to bring some engineers from Red Bull, McLaren and Renault. The contract would be already in FIA's hands and would be announced Thursday morning in Suzuka.
Sounds reliable IMO
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 29 Sep 2009, 12:59

Stefan Grand Prix still wants 2010 slot
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/09/29/s ... 2010-slot/
Spoiler:
By Keith Collantine

Stefan Grand Prix, the 2010 F1 entry run by Zoran Stefanovic, says it still hopes to be on the Formula 1 grid next year despite failing to be granted a place by the FIA.

Stefanovic, who complained to the EU about the FIA’s insistence that the new teams for 2010 use Cosworth engines, says his company are, “acting like they are already in for the 2010 championship.”

He added: “don’t forget, people tried to convince the Wright brothers that they would never fly.”

Will Stefan Grand Prix get off the ground in 2010? It seems doubtful at this late stage, and their press release hasn’t got quite the air of professionalism you expect from an F1 team.

But no-one really expected Manor Motorsport to get a place for 2010, so who knows? If the rumours about Toyota pulling the plug on their F1 team are true, maybe the FIA will go looking for another new entry.

Press release

We are alive and ready

Talking with Mr. Zoran D. Stefanovic from Stefan Grand Prix, in light of new information about FIA 2010 Formula 1 World Championship, regarding some remarks from Mr. Ecclestone’s interview to BBC in which he points that “one or two team’s will not make it to Bahrain next year”.

Head of Stefan Grand Prix Mr. Zoran D. Stefanovic wanted to share his thoughts about this matter, because everybody from SGP strongly believe that what SGP has to offer to F1 can be very interesting from every angle.

Nobody from SGP including myself, will just try to convince anybody why should we have to be in F1 next year, but we would like everybody to know that we are not just ready, but we also did a lot of work in last couple of months. We will try to share our thoughts and apply to logics and common sense of everybody who want to know for example how did we raised money for next year already, in other words how did we found title sponsorship without even being accepted from FIA for the 2010 Championship.

When you have all the pieces of the puzzle right: when you have one of the biggest shows on the face of the earth – the F1 brand – which is in my opinion organized almost perfectly, and when you come from an extremely interesting part of the world like Central – Eastern Europe, you have something fresh, something new, something worth looking at. And that is the essence of our effort. The idea of F1 car from Serbia makes everybody start thinking very fast. You must agree that what we have is something never seen before, something far more interesting than you usually expect, something very unique.

Therefore, almost over-night, you find yourself in the spotlight of the right eyes. Soon enough sponsors will recognize your position and they will follow you, like they did. We are in an area populated with over 400 million people, including Russia that is a brotherly nation with Serbia, so we have 800 millions eyes focused on something that was unimaginable for this area just a year ago.

This is the main reason why we have raised funds, why we have continued work on our car, and why we have our mind set to work as we are looking to be in Bahrain next year, because we think we will have two cars there.

Don’t forget, people tried to convince the Wright brothers that they would never fly, said Mr. Stefanovic.

What F1 must understand is that they will have the unique new team and will conquer, geographically, a very important part of the world. But if you ask who will really profiting, proper answer is – the fans, Mr. Stefanovic said.

He also continue, ‘The everyday normal, smart man from all Central – Eastern Europe, from Russia, is just waiting for a strong emotional connection with something, and we think that our F1 project is exactly what they have been looking and waiting for. We want to develop SGP into a strong recognizable F1 brand and we are determined to do so. Don’t forget, we have 400 million reasons to do it.

In the end, Mr. Stefanovic says that they will keep pushing, that SGP will make their car, and that they are acting like they are already in for the 2010 championship, and he finishes with words:

Success is very predictable. You need to know what is the nature of your business, and you need to sell your product. We have unique product, which we already sold, so it is predictable that we expect to be in F1.
This could end nasty.....

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Sep 2009, 17:21

Glock free to look for other teams
This doesn't mean he won't drive a Toyota F1 car in 2010
Spoiler:
Singapore GP third-placed man Timo Glock has been told that his option for 2010 will not be taken up by the Toyota team.

Glock today announced that he was a free agent for the upcoming season, despite his heroics yesterday.

“Now I have to look around,” said the German. “I have several possibilities and I am very confident. Let’s see what happens this week.”

Glock’s future could well lie with one of the new teams, as he has repeatedly impressed this season. A lack of consistency and inability comfortably to outperform the serially mediocre Jarno Trulli are his main weaknesses, however.

Toyota’s refusal to announce their two current drivers are staying on could mean one of two things: one, as the strongest sign yet that they will leave the sport; or two, that they have finally decided to hire drivers that will bring them results.

Many commentators consider that the former is more likely, citing the Williams team’s search for a new engine next year.

Code: Select all

http://www.forumula1.net/2009/f1/f1-news/glock-will-not-be-at-toyota-in-2010/
Note: I changed the title because that just was not correct, because I heard they can still sign him for 2010. Plus Glock was told on saturday night, so not after sunday's podium finish :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2009, 17:27

Peter Windsor told OneHD that both Toyota drivers have been dropped by the team (much like 2002)

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 29 Sep 2009, 17:31

phil1993 wrote:Peter Windsor told OneHD that both Toyota drivers have been dropped by the team (much like 2002)
Smart move by the japanese team ...
Spoiler:
SRSLY NOT

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2009, 17:33

Trulli maybe, but Glockenspeil is a handy little racer and a future GP winner for sure. But I think maybe this could be good for him to go to a team that actually knows about F1 ::roll:: Maybe Williams?

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 29 Sep 2009, 17:36

I'm sure renault will drop Grosjean. So they now have the choice between Kubica, Glock and Kovalainen ... ?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2009, 17:51

I think Toyota will keep Glock unless they are A) Leaving F1, B) Comitting suicide by having a Kobayashi-Nakajima combo
I think Renault will be Kubi-Kova

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 29 Sep 2009, 17:59

phil1993 wrote:B) Comitting suicide by having a Kobayashi-Nakajima combo
KAMIKAZE TOYOTA F1 TEAM :p

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 29 Sep 2009, 18:21

phil1993 wrote: I think Renault will be Kubi-Kova
I think Renault wants to keep a French driver in there

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 29 Sep 2009, 18:52

Haukinen wrote:
I think Renault wants to keep a French driver in there
Yeah, but that would be as stupid as Toyota's aim ...

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 29 Sep 2009, 19:00

Same here. Kovalainen really didn't perform as well as I thought he would do at McLaren...
However, let's see what Kimi will pull out of the bag against Lewis next year.

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 30 Sep 2009, 12:31

Barrichello closing on Williams deal
Spoiler:
Rubens Barrichello is closing in on a deal with Williams for 2010, AUTOSPORT has learned, in a move that could see him swap places with Nico Rosberg.

On the back of a season where he has resurrected his Formula 1 career, having turned a lifeline from Brawn GP into a full-scale assault on the world championship, Barrichello is poised to extend his stay in F1 for at least one more year.

Although his performances for Brawn were not enough to guarantee his future at the team, with Rosberg's move to the Brackley-based team an open secret in F1, Williams is believed to be keen to tap into Barrichello's vast experience and speed as it continues its push back to the front of the grid.

With Williams expected to sign rookie Nico Hulkenberg, the team has set its sights on an experienced team leader to help guide car development and help bring on a rookie team-mate.

Sources have claimed that Barrichello recently visited the Williams factory at Grove to discuss the plans for next year, and it is understood that an outline deal either has already been agreed or is close to being concluded.

Speaking in Singapore last weekend, Williams technical director Sam Michael made no secret of the fact that the team's preference was for a driver line-up that featured both experience and youth.

"If you have someone who is very experienced that is great because they have experience on set-up and car direction," he explained. "And if you have someone who is young, then they bring enthusiasm.

"We've had many different drivers in Williams over the years in both camps - experienced guys and rookies, and they have all had their plus and minuses. But the most important thing is that they are fast, this is first and foremost for us."

Barrichello has won two races this year and currently lies 15 points behind team-mate Jenson Button in the world championship standings, with three races to go.

Although Barrichello is close to a deal with Williams, it is not impossible that he could be kept by Brawn GP if the team fails to reach agreement with Button about the financial terms of a new contract for 2010.

Discussions between the world championship leader and the team over money for next year have not yet reached a conclusion. It is understood the two parties are still some way apart in their discussions about just how much Button should be paid on the back of his strong campaign, having agreed to a cut-price deal this year to ensure Brawn GP's future in F1.

However, Barrichello may feel it is better to take a guaranteed seat at Williams in the next few weeks rather than wait until after the season for the chance of something that may not happen.

Williams also held talks with Robert Kubica earlier this year, but the Polish driver is now expected to take up an offer he has from the Renault team.

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79043

If this is true, I think it would be great to see Rubinho in F1 for another year even if he is not going to be as competetive as this year.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 30 Sep 2009, 12:34

Rubens in a williams :cool: