If you could make the regulations regarding design....

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: If you could make the regulations regarding design....

Post by Ferrariman60 » 25 Sep 2009, 20:07

BRING BACK THE V10. BRING BACK THE V12. LET THE FANS HAVE A SAY FOR A CHANGE.
Requiescat in pace, Jules Bianchi

Ferrariman60

impatientinventor
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by impatientinventor » 25 Sep 2009, 21:43

the harmonics of a V-10 are better than a V-8 but nowhere as good as a V-12. I say put a limit on the displacement and thats it... Let them do whatever they want

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 26 Sep 2009, 09:43

But let's face the truth guys: we'll never ever see V10s or V12s in F1 again, at least no naturally aspirated ones.
Sad but true. Taking the climate change and the decline of oil reserves into consideration, FIA would never allow this again, everyone of us knows that.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 26 Sep 2009, 12:11

MavF1 wrote:But let's face the truth guys: we'll never ever see V10s or V12s in F1 again, at least no naturally aspirated ones.
Sad but true. Taking the climate change and the decline of oil reserves into consideration, FIA would never allow this again, everyone of us knows that.
Ari Vatanen (FIA president candidate) doesn't believe in climate change.
He is the only hope.
Go Ari!

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 26 Sep 2009, 13:06

cformula1 wrote:
MavF1 wrote:But let's face the truth guys: we'll never ever see V10s or V12s in F1 again, at least no naturally aspirated ones.
Ari Vatanen (FIA president candidate) doesn't believe in climate change.
He is the only hope.
Go Ari!
Yes! Unfortunately, Max has endorsed Todt, and we all know that Todt would just continue the status quo.

Ferrariman60

Spinninggenius
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Spinninggenius » 26 Sep 2009, 21:10

I wonder if one day front and rear wings will be banned?

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 27 Sep 2009, 07:21

Spinninggenius wrote:I wonder if one day front and rear wings will be banned?
I most certainly hope NOT!
But I have high doubts that front/rear wings will ever be banned.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 27 Sep 2009, 11:01

Vatanen doesn't believe in climate change? That's ridiculous, I don't like the ban on big engines but if it helps the environment then I'm cool with it. And a car without wings would have literally no grip, it couldn't be a racing car.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 27 Sep 2009, 11:05

Yeah, Todt will win with about 70% of the FIA vote, even though around 85% of fans want Vatanen

impatientinventor
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by impatientinventor » 27 Sep 2009, 21:05

I would think that Max's finger would be all kinds of stinky after having it shoved up Bernie's.... wait a sec... I guess it is Max that is Bernie's puppet not the other way around. O' well I would think that Todt will do a good job and the automotive companies will eventually swing back the other way, let the designers and engineers be the designers and engineers, keep out of global politics and get back to the competition F1 use to be.... From a pure efficiency standpoint an inline 6 is the best most efficient design from a number of parts to power potential standpoint but a V-12 has much better harmonics and a better potential energy density potential from a power plant footprint standpoint. I just hope that they don't go with a turboed inline 4 fart can racers.

AND just to set the record straight... global warming is a lark. Wake up you stupid sheeple. The globe doesn't work the way that the elected 43rd president says it does in his BS truth movie. You might as well go follow Michael Moore around and let him decide what to do with your life.

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 28 Sep 2009, 07:35

impatientinventor wrote: AND just to set the record straight... global warming is a lark. Wake up you stupid sheeple. The globe doesn't work the way that the elected 43rd president says it does in his BS truth movie. You might as well go follow Michael Moore around and let him decide what to do with your life.
:thumbsup: Agreed.

If people want to live a carbon-neutral lifestyle, that is fine by me.
However, do not try and force that lifestyle on me. All it will do is make me angry and you will become persona non grata in my presence.

Ferrariman60
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Ferrariman60 » 11 Oct 2009, 15:00

impatientinventor wrote:I would think that Max's finger would be all kinds of stinky after having it shoved up Bernie's.... wait a sec... I guess it is Max that is Bernie's puppet not the other way around. O' well I would think that Todt will do a good job and the automotive companies will eventually swing back the other way, let the designers and engineers be the designers and engineers, keep out of global politics and get back to the competition F1 use to be.... From a pure efficiency standpoint an inline 6 is the best most efficient design from a number of parts to power potential standpoint but a V-12 has much better harmonics and a better potential energy density potential from a power plant footprint standpoint. I just hope that they don't go with a turboed inline 4 fart can racers.

AND just to set the record straight... global warming is a lark. Wake up you stupid sheeple. The globe doesn't work the way that the elected 43rd president says it does in his BS truth movie. You might as well go follow Michael Moore around and let him decide what to do with your life.
Totally agreed on the global warming thing! :thumbsup:

Ferrariman60

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 11 Oct 2009, 15:57

Global warming isn't a lark, I certainly believe it exists and that we should do more to prevent it. George Bush didn't believe in global warming, and anything he says you usually do the opposite. And what about Michael Moore? I like the guy and believe most of the things he's saying.

maru
car driver
car driver

Post by maru » 29 May 2011, 02:58

No engine restrictions but a limit on how many gallons of fuel could be used. No restrictions on the choice of fuel, methanol, gasoline, diesel, nitromethane, and all other imaginable compounds allowed. No restrictions on displacement, number of cylinders, forced induction allowed but not required. No limit on pit stops and no mandatory stops. No limitation on fuel capacity within max fuel limit. No restrictions on tire sizes or compounds. No traction control or antilock, no yaw control. No minimum weight. No wings, no ground effects as we know it.

maru
car driver
car driver

Post by maru » 29 May 2011, 03:12

All cars must have 4 tires in conventional locations. FWD,RWD, and AWD all legal.