Spa-Francorchamps - noise pollution endangers Spa's licence

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Spa-Francorchamps - noise pollution endangers Spa's licence

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 23 Sep 2009, 11:53

Bahrain
Australia
Malaysia
Europe
Spain
Monaco
China
Japan
Canada
Great Britain
Germany
Hungary
Turkey
Abu Dhabi
[s]Belgium[/s]
Italy
Korea
Singapore
Brazil

? :S

Spa loses right to host F1 race
Spoiler:
Reports in the Belgian press on Wednesday explain how the Spa-Francorchamps circuit, scene of the country's Formula One race, has lost its right to hold the event for another seventeen years. It is believed that the decision comes following a 2007 complaint posted by people living in the vicinity of the legendary track.

With Spa having lost its place on the F1 calendar in both 2003 and 2006, the races of 2010 and many more years also appear to be in doubt, according to reports in the country from Lesoir.

The publication describes how the State Council has suspended the licence for the Spa-Francorchamps circuit and related facilities to be able to host a Grand Prix until the year 2026, stressing that the decision comes 'more than two years after the introduction of a complaint filed by residents of the circuit and the Mute association'.

"The whole viability of the circuit may be questioned," the circuit Manager is quoted as saying, adding that he will challenge the government's decision. The State Council added the following, regarding noise pollution in the area: 'If it exists, the study of environmental impact is seriously inadequate and incomplete.

The State Council has therefore suspended the operating license.'

Code: Select all

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/09/23/spa-loses-right-to-host-f1-race/

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2010 F1 Calendar

Post by cformula1 » 23 Sep 2009, 12:44

Tom Vandenhove wrote:Bahrain
Australia
Malaysia
Europe
Spain
Monaco
China
Japan
Canada
Great Britain
Germany
Hungary
Turkey
Abu Dhabi
[s]Belgium[/s]
Italy
Korea
Singapore
Brazil

? :S

Spa loses right to host F1 race
Spoiler:
Reports in the Belgian press on Wednesday explain how the Spa-Francorchamps circuit, scene of the country's Formula One race, has lost its right to hold the event for another seventeen years. It is believed that the decision comes following a 2007 complaint posted by people living in the vicinity of the legendary track.

With Spa having lost its place on the F1 calendar in both 2003 and 2006, the races of 2010 and many more years also appear to be in doubt, according to reports in the country from Lesoir.

The publication describes how the State Council has suspended the licence for the Spa-Francorchamps circuit and related facilities to be able to host a Grand Prix until the year 2026, stressing that the decision comes 'more than two years after the introduction of a complaint filed by residents of the circuit and the Mute association'.

"The whole viability of the circuit may be questioned," the circuit Manager is quoted as saying, adding that he will challenge the government's decision. The State Council added the following, regarding noise pollution in the area: 'If it exists, the study of environmental impact is seriously inadequate and incomplete.

The State Council has therefore suspended the operating license.'

Code: Select all

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/09/23/spa-loses-right-to-host-f1-race/
Those fxxxing wxxxers! How dare they take Spa away from us. Now the motorsport fans should unite and protest in order to get spa back!
I would love to live that close to Spa!
Spa was there before these 'Mute Association' fxxxwits, and it is their choice to live near a famous racetrack. I believe the same notion applies to all tracks.
Envionmental studies- who cares!
As I said, the motorsport fans should unite and protest and bring this great track back on the calendar.

I am shaking with fury and rage!
Spoiler:
Mods, If this is too over-the-top feel free to remove it. I hope you understand my anger.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 23 Sep 2009, 12:57

I completely agree with you ... If people live that close to the circuit, I think they had to thought about the possible noise pollutions before they went living there

cformula1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by cformula1 » 23 Sep 2009, 13:06

Tom Vandenhove wrote:I completely agree with you ... If people live that close to the circuit, I think they had to thought about the possible noise pollutions before they went living there
Yes, and if they reckon noise pollution is so bad, then they should live somewhere else and not spoil it for everyone else. Then the house could be bought by a motorsport enthusiast that won't whinge and appreciates the proximity to such a magical circuit.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 23 Sep 2009, 13:12

So the current license has been taken of. That means there cannot be raced overall, no F1, no other series ... A disaster for Spa !

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Spa-Francorchamps to be taken of licence

Post by hannibal_rising » 23 Sep 2009, 13:28

What a shame. Some years ago Monza had the same problem, but at the end the circuit could keep the F1 (in fact neighbors where asking the suspension of every kind of race). It's the same problem with the San Siro stadium for having concerts. The Neighbors try to block every concert there. I guess, they have nothing to do but complain about everything. I mean, Will you make such a problem for something that last some hours once a year?

impatientinventor
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by impatientinventor » 23 Sep 2009, 15:07

Can I file the same complaint and have the El shut down in Chicago? It is pretty noisy. There is also a fire station a few blocks away that always blares their sirens at all hours of the night... And GOOD GOD those kids won't get off my lawn!!!

wankers... Someone needs to burn that guys house down so that he doesn't complain any more.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 23 Sep 2009, 15:10

You leave near a track -WHAT THE F*** DO YOU EXPECT, BIRDS TWEETING !?

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Sep 2009, 15:16

I just booked tickets yesterday for La Source, looks like ill be choosing a different GP next year.

impatientinventor
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by impatientinventor » 23 Sep 2009, 15:19

I moved in next door to this air port thing and it gets all kinds of noisy... Could you please go next door and tell them to keep it down...?

The Sourdine Association is a group is 150 residents around Spa who came together to oust the track because of among other things... The HUGE financial penalty they have had to pay in for the track to be modified and they are looking for any way possible to kill it... Wankers... WANKERS!!!!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 23 Sep 2009, 15:25

impatientinventor wrote:I moved in next door to this air port thing and it gets all kinds of noisy... Could you please go next door and tell them to keep it down...?

The Sourdine Association is a group is 150 residents around Spa who came together to oust the track because of among other things... The HUGE financial penalty they have had to pay in for the track to be modified and they are looking for any way possible to kill it... Wankers... WANKERS!!!!
150 residents?! I'm sure the 50000 people that go to Spa every year, along with the millions who watch it on TV will be fine with that. Jeez, an idea: on race weekend, rent your house out (believe me, some houses are about 500m from the track) for a huge price and go on holiday!!

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 23 Sep 2009, 15:27

Fergie1 wrote:I just booked tickets yesterday for La Source, looks like ill be choosing a different GP next year.
did you actually?

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Sep 2009, 15:28

Yes.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 23 Sep 2009, 15:29

Oh man that really sucks for you ... :(

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 23 Sep 2009, 15:29

Oh cool, I was thinking of getting Eau Rouge tickets. I had about 180 quid saved already...

But plz tell me you're going by car, NOT by coach... (assuming the hippies get shot to death)

I'm now thinking of going to Monaco ''hmm''