Reanult World Series

Discussion about all other motor racing categories - GP2, GP3, Rallying, NASCAR, F2 & F3, MotoGP
kcin
kart driver
kart driver

Reanult World Series

Post by kcin » 26 May 2009, 07:56

Not sure if this has been posted here or not, but Renault are giving out free tickets for the Renault World Series. Take a look here if you're interested: http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.com/

There's even the chance to see the Renault F1 car plus have a go in an F1 simulator! :D

[play]http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.com/med ... /intro.flv[/play]

phil1993

Re: Reanult World Series

Post by phil1993 » 26 May 2009, 10:30

Thanks for that, shame im on holiday then, well, I suppose being in Spain is probably better than a day at Silverstone (where it'll probably piss it down)

MavF1
Donator
Donator

Post by MavF1 » 11 Aug 2009, 16:42

Thanks! I would not have noticed that without your hint. :thumbsup:

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 27 Aug 2009, 10:56

A good highlight clip from Spa this season
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH8VYl9iL1k[/youtube]

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 28 Aug 2009, 14:10

P1 hit by devastating factory fire
Spoiler:
By Simon Strang Friday, August 28th 2009, 10:57 GMT

P1 Motorsport faces a race against time to prepare two cars for the penultimate round of the World Series by Renault at the Nurburgring on September 19/20, following a devastating factory fire that destroyed virtually all of the team's assets.

The Norfolk-based squad's headquarters were part of an entire block of units which caught fire overnight in the Oaktree Business Park in Shropham.

"The whole thing has gone," team owner Roly Vincini told AUTOSPORT. "The whole lot has gone down. Apparently there was a fire in the factory next door, and the entire unit has been burned down.

"It was so hot that 20-inch steel girders on the roof have been melted down to stubs! Everything has been destroyed - the cars are no longer existent."

Vincini has vowed to try and get his team back up and running in time for James Walker – who lies second in the championship behind Bertrand Baguette – to continue fighting for the title.

"We want to act fast," said Vincini. "We are going to try and get out for the next races. Renault have told me they have got cars available. We've got to go and get them and then prepare them.

"But then we have also got to source all the stuff, the tools, and everything to make it happen."

Vincini revealed he had already received plenty of offers for help from rival teams such as Comtec and Mofaz Fortec Motorsport: "We have loads of people offering to help this morning, everyone has been brilliant. But I want us to do it ourselves, you know, we have to get ourselves back together and get on with it.

"So long as no one closes us down, we are going to try our best to carry on and we intend to be on the grid for the next race. We have got a couple of weeks to do it."

Vincini added that the extent of the fire damage was such that even half of the team's transporter was ruined.

"Half the truck has melted too!" he said. "But at the moment, we can't get in it to see what is salvageable because it was locked and the keys are somewhere in the ruins of the factory!

"It's almost funny how ridiculous the situation is, but then when you start working through the police reports, fire investigations and begin the recovery, you realise what a nightmare it all is."

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 15 Sep 2009, 14:12

Kunimoto joins Epsilon Euskadi
Spoiler:
Japan's Keisuke Kunimoto will has joined Epsilon Euskadi for the remainder of the season, the Spanish team has announced. The 20-year-old will take the reigns for the four remaining races of 2009 in Germany and Spain.

Formula Nippon driver Kunimoto arrives at Epsilon Euskadi with the title of Macau Grand Prix winner 2008 and will be replacing Dani Clos to race alongside New Zealand's Chris van der Drift for the rest of the campaign.

"I'm very happy to have my first contact with the World Series through such a great and professional team," Kunimoto commented. "They're working very hard on my Formula Renault 3.5 programme. "Epsilon's potential is unbelievable; the human and technological capabilities are extraordinary, opening plenty of opportunities for the future."

As the squad continues to evaluate a Formula One opportunity - the possible buying of the BMW-Sauber team for 2010 - team President Joan Villadeprat is pleased with his latest recuit. "We're very happy to have this talented and young driver in our team," the Catalan commented. "Keisuke's results in F3 and his experience in Nippon this year should help him to quickly adapt to the World Series car."

Code: Select all

http://wsr.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/09/14/kunimoto-joins-epsilon-euskadi/

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 19 Sep 2009, 12:18

It's Nurnburg time .., race started. But after a big crash in lap 2, the sfety car is out

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 19 Sep 2009, 12:26

Tom Vandenhove wrote:It's Nurnburg time .., race started. But after a big crash in lap 2, the sfety car is out
link??

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 19 Sep 2009, 12:32

shailf1 wrote:
Tom Vandenhove wrote:It's Nurnburg time .., race started. But after a big crash in lap 2, the sfety car is out
link??
I'm watching it eurosport. I don't have a stream. But i'll search for it

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 19 Sep 2009, 12:38

It's not Nurnburg time, Nurnburg is 500km away from Nürburg :O
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 19 Sep 2009, 12:42

joostlamers wrote:
Damn.. I make that mistake all the time :( Anyway, i'm afraid there is no stream for it. I searched for it on ustream and justintv

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 19 Sep 2009, 12:45

Tom Vandenhove wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
Damn.. I make that mistake all the time :( Anyway, i'm afraid there is no stream for it. I searched for it on ustream and justintv
thanks anyway

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 19 Sep 2009, 12:57

... and Bertrand Baguette [BEL] takes the victory Flag:## Flag:##

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 20 Sep 2009, 18:34

Baguette clinches title as Pic wins race
Spoiler:
By Peter Mills Sunday, September 20th 2009, 13:35 GMT

Charles Pic led home Tech 1 Racing team-mate Brendon Hartley in a formation finish at the Nurburging this afternoon, but the biggest celebrations of the weekend were reserved for new champion Bertrand Baguette.

From seventh on the grid, the Belgian survived a wobbly start to proceedings in which he dropped two positions, to clinch the Formula Renault 3.5 series title by virtue of a solid fifth place finish for Draco.

"I took a good start, but changing from first to second gear I got neutral," said a satisfied Baguette. "I lost several positions, and knew then that I would really have to push and do some overtaking. The team helped with a good pitstop, and thanks to some retirements I could finish in P5.

"It has been a very stressful weekend, with lots of pressure, so it's good to be able to go to [the final at] Motorland and enjoy myself. I've just had one clutch failure in the opening round at Barcelona, and after that I have finished all my races. My main aim now is F1, but we'll have to see what happens."

The race at the front was largely determined in the seconds following the start. From the inside of the front row, Pic found superior traction away from the line to power past Hartley's pole position car.

The Tech 1 duo had an agreed strategy that whichever driver was leading would have the advantage of taking a later pitstop. Hartley was duly brought in from his pursuit of Pic on lap eight, while Pic was afforded an extra two laps before changing his front tyres. The Renault Development driver returned to the track with Hartley's Red Bull car safely in his mirrors, and thereafter had a clean run to his second victory of the season.

Comtec's Jon Lancaster had appeared set for a safe third place following a determined start. The Leeds driver had been the biggest threat to the Tech 1 pair over the early laps, but lost ground, if not track position, by opting to delay his pitstop until lap 12.

Already smarting over the race director's decision to award him a 10s penalty in Saturday's race, Lancaster was saddled with more misery when his car ground to a halt at Turn 5 on lap 18.

Instead, it was Fairuz Fauzy who picked up third place and his second podium of the weekend. P1's James Walker put the disappointment of retiring with overheating in race one behind him to take fourth place, within a second of the Mofaz Fortec car at the chequered flag. Walker's points move the Jersey racer ahead of Jaime Alguersuari in the drivers' standings. The Toro Rosso Formula 1 driver benefited from the late race retirement of Carlin team-mate Oliver Turvey to take sixth.

[pre]Pos Driver Team Time/Gap
1. Charles Pic Tech 1 45m59.547s
2. Brendon Hartley Tech 1 + 0.695s
3. Fairuz Fauzy Fortec + 13.947s
4. James Walker P1 + 14.830s
5. Bertrand Baguette Draco + 22.491s
6. Jaime Alguersuari Carlin + 26.508s
7. Marco Barba Draco + 36.660s
8. John Martin Comtec + 42.947s
9. Daniil Move P1 + 43.299s
10. Chris van der Drift Epsilon Euskadi + 45.810s
11. Anton Nebylitskiy SG + 48.475s
12. Sten Pentus Fortec + 48.635s
13. Keisuke Kunimoto Epsilon Euskadi + 49.558s
14. Julian Leal Prema + 53.261s
15. Mihai Marinescu Interwetten + 54.534s
16. Salvador Duran Interwetten + 58.141s
17. Federico Leo Pons + 1m15.567s[/pre]

Retirements:

Jon Lancaster Comtec 18 laps
Oliver Turvey Carlin 16 laps
Pasquale di Sabatino RC 16 laps
Marcos Martinez Pons 15 laps
Filip Salaquarda Prema 9 laps
Guillaume Moreau SG 6 laps

Code: Select all

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78753
Flag:## Flag:## Bring on GP2

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 24 Oct 2009, 13:00

The final round of this years WSbR championship will start in 10 minutes time. Faurus Fauzy took P1 in quali this morning so he'll start from pole on the spanish Alcaniz circuit. Race is live on Eurosport, no streams available (yet)