Renault Race Fixing - ING terminate Renault deal

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Renault under investigation *Briatore, Symonds leave*

Post by Zack » 16 Sep 2009, 18:07

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

http://www.scribd.com/people/documents/ ... der/118302

Full Renault Leaked pdf Data sheets
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 16 Sep 2009, 18:14

3 things made me laugh

ON TWITTER: Jamesallenonf1#f1 Apologies to readers of jamesallenonf1.com, due to high traffic volumes site has crashed. Should be back shortly

5LiveF1@Jamesallenonf1 was Piquet driving it?
5LiveF1@Jamesallenonf1 sorry could not resist that one James!

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 16 Sep 2009, 18:17

That's awesome Phil :lol:
Spoiler:
But don't copy things from other sites :zz:

dragoneak
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Renault Cheated! *Briatore, Symonds leave*

Post by dragoneak » 17 Sep 2009, 10:40

Pitpass says:

Code: Select all

We're hearing rumours that David Richards is on the verge of being announced as the new Renault team boss.

The Prodrive boss, who missed out on entering F1 with his own team in this year's selection process, is understood to have attended a meeting at Enstone this afternoon, just hours after the French team announced that Flavio Briatore had been fired.

Richards, who spent a couple of seasons as team boss at BAR, leaving when Honda bought the Brackley team, had previously enjoyed success with Benetton, which was to become Renault in 2000.

We must stress, there is absolutely no official confirmation of this story, but it does come from a good source. 
It's unofficial that's why I still hope Prost will be new boss.
I still learn English. Please forgive me all mistakes. If I make any mistake just please tell me.

phil1993

Re: Renault Race Fixing - *Briatore, Symonds leave*

Post by phil1993 » 17 Sep 2009, 15:15

RENAULT SHOCK! FIA to investigate how Piquet managed NOT to crash until lap 13.
The times report, on the back of today's newspaper

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 837713.ece

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 17 Sep 2009, 16:29

The story is just amazing... :p

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78682

Looking at the telemetry is quite clear it was intentional... why in hell he start to accelerate after touch the wall with the rear of the car???!!!!

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 17 Sep 2009, 16:32

This is really really bad for F1, we don't need another scandal! Hope we'll have a quiet and steady period in F1 to go...
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 17 Sep 2009, 17:57

Id like to pose a question to everyone.

Has cheating been going on in F1 for over 5 years? I say this, as the technical veto ferrari had, meant they could do anything under the sun that other teams were disallowed. This veto, game them a legalised, cheating advantage which all the other teams UNKNOWINGLY knew of and had.

Has the corrupt FIA been cheating fans out of true world champions? Coulthard and Raikkonen most likely would have had world championships in 2000-2004. The 5 years of the veto.

Id like to ask, how the FIA can be so critical of renault, when they fully supported and gave ferrari the ability to cheat fans year in year out with a car that often nobody could touch, because the FIA wouldnt LET anyone touch it.

Just wondering what everyone thinks.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 17 Sep 2009, 19:41

^ Disgruntled Renault fan :lol:

Sniff Petrol's Twitter: :p
RENAULT SCANDAL LATEST: Flav has NOT resigned. He just said he was going to the loo and everyone misunderstood.

Tom Vandenhove
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by Tom Vandenhove » 17 Sep 2009, 19:41

NIKI LAUDA EXCLUSIVE: The worst scandal in F1 history
Last updated at 11:48 AM on 17th September 2009
Spoiler:
When I first heard the accusation that Renault had asked Nelson Piquet to crash deliberately, the question was whether it was true or not.
If it was true, then it amounted to the worst thing that has happened in Formula One.
There is only one other incident that comes near - Michael Schumacher parking his Ferrari on the racing line at Monaco in 2006 to block Fernando Alonso's last qualifying lap.But, really, even that is not comparable.
This time it was about manipulating a race. There was also the obvious danger to Piquet, other drivers and spectators.
What also really upset me at the weekend was what Flavio Briatore was saying. He denied it all . His messages were murky, even making comments about Piquet's private life. It was unbelievable. And now, because Briatore has been sacked, we must assume the allegations against Renault were all true.

Certainly, I would never have crashed on order: firstly, because sport is sport and secondly, because in my day I could have hurt or killed myself.
My Nurburgring crash in 1976 was big. I got straight back in and drove as soon as I could. Others were not so lucky. Some died. We do not want a sport where we are putting lives at risk for all the worst reasons.
Why did Piquet do it?
Remember, he was a young driver - more of a child than a man - and was put under pressure by the team who told him what he must do in order to get a new contract. When I drove we were men and would have said no.
Yes, the McLaren spying scandal two years ago was extremely serious but mechanics have always discussed technical data among themselves.
This, though, is new. The biggest damage ever. Now the FIA must punish Renault heavily to restore credibility in the sport.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1213818/NIKI-LAUDA-EXCLUSIVE-The-worst-scandal-F1-history.html#ixzz0ROWT147y

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 17 Sep 2009, 19:52

phil1993 wrote:^ Disgruntled Renault fan :lol:

Sniff Petrol's Twitter: :p
RENAULT SCANDAL LATEST: Flav has NOT resigned. He just said he was going to the loo and everyone misunderstood.
Lol nah not disgruntled. if they are guilty, and it looks increasingly so, you cant do this and not get punished. Im glad Alonso has been cleared of any knowledge. On the ITV forum you give them the links to what the FIA has said, they just ignore it. They always say 'thats weird being so light' when renault do it all the time. Bloody armchair lewis fans who only watch ''coz that blokes british and he's won and the other british bloke is c**p but now he's not''

But the problem is, if they come down hard on renault, they'll leave. can they afford another manufacturer to leave all together? Toyota is wading away. BMW has gone. Theres only going to be 3 engines in F1, Mclaren Ferrari and Cosworth. Nobody would buy toyota power, williams is desperate to get out of it lol!

Is the renault scandal asbad as a fixed 4 year ferrari period? Nobody seems to think or want to answer that one.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 17 Sep 2009, 20:00

Tom Vandenhove wrote:NIKI LAUDA EXCLUSIVE: The worst scandal in F1 history
Last updated at 11:48 AM on 17th September 2009
Spoiler:
When I first heard the accusation that Renault had asked Nelson Piquet to crash deliberately, the question was whether it was true or not.
If it was true, then it amounted to the worst thing that has happened in Formula One.
There is only one other incident that comes near - Michael Schumacher parking his Ferrari on the racing line at Monaco in 2006 to block Fernando Alonso's last qualifying lap.But, really, even that is not comparable.
This time it was about manipulating a race. There was also the obvious danger to Piquet, other drivers and spectators.
What also really upset me at the weekend was what Flavio Briatore was saying. He denied it all . His messages were murky, even making comments about Piquet's private life. It was unbelievable. And now, because Briatore has been sacked, we must assume the allegations against Renault were all true.

Certainly, I would never have crashed on order: firstly, because sport is sport and secondly, because in my day I could have hurt or killed myself.
My Nurburgring crash in 1976 was big. I got straight back in and drove as soon as I could. Others were not so lucky. Some died. We do not want a sport where we are putting lives at risk for all the worst reasons.
Why did Piquet do it?
Remember, he was a young driver - more of a child than a man - and was put under pressure by the team who told him what he must do in order to get a new contract. When I drove we were men and would have said no.Yes, the McLaren spying scandal two years ago was extremely serious but mechanics have always discussed technical data among themselves.
This, though, is new. The biggest damage ever. Now the FIA must punish Renault heavily to restore credibility in the sport.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-1213818/NIKI-LAUDA-EXCLUSIVE-The-worst-scandal-F1-history.html#ixzz0ROWT147y
What a load of rubbish. If he was a child why was he, a 23 year old man who couldnt hack the pressure of F1 driving? Nakajima, Glock, Alguesari, Buemi; theyve all handled pressure in their first year, they did some good races.

What I cant fathom out, is why everyones on about piquet's immunity being fair. If your told to jump off a bridge, you dont go and do it! Piquet has ADMITTED he was under NO incentive by the renault team this would give him a new contract. he THOUGHT it would, but the team NEVER said anything about it in his version of statements. He should be punished seperately because HE was behind that car that could have KILLED someone had he done it wrong. But he's given immunity, its the exact same as McLaren; Mosely wants Dennis and Briatore on a plate. He cant gun for Ferrari.

Lets not forget Piquet senior is best buddies with Spanky. I mean brabham was owned by ecclestone and mosely was very friendly with that team. Surely he should be punished for not coming forward sooner, because he only came forward because he was being sacked, thats a sign of revenge and spite, because he cant hack it.

It wouldnt surprise me if piquet Jr WAS gay. And im betting theres alot more behind the scenes going on between briatore and the piquets.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Sep 2009, 20:34

:lol:

the WMSC will struggle to punish the team of Renault F1 with Flavio and Symonds gone, especially if Piquet claims are correct that no one else in the team knew what was going on

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 17 Sep 2009, 21:44

phil1993 wrote:^ Disgruntled Renault fan :lol:
:blink: He's not the only one.

EDIT: A fantastic summary of the case and all the surrounding furore is on Autosport here.

It's almost funny, like a bad disaster film or a buddy comedy, reading the report and seeing how Renault managed to twist itself into trouble and screw itself over like this. ALMOST.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 17 Sep 2009, 22:56

Just to correct MR Lauda:

The worst scandal in F1 history was spygate in 2007 and the fact that McLaren got away with such a light penalty.
They manipulated a whole season and it was actually a crinminal act (industrial spying), whereas Renault only fixed one race and it wasn´t criminal. More like a dive in football which gives your team an undeserved penalty kick and you win by scoring it.

What mClaren did was way worse in my oppinion, especially because they always get away with it. 2007 was bad enough, but in Melbourne this year they still tried to fool the stewards and the other competitors by cheating and got away with it again.

People always say that the FIA is pro Ferrari, well McLaren got away with everything. Some very very ugly things, but neither the FIA nor the fans bothered too much about it.

If Renault get banned or excluded from the championship, i´ll stop watching F1 as long as McLaren race.